Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

A periodic reminder: if there are PS5s released next week, the rumours are only ‘true’ because there was so much anonymous nonsense and horse**** thrown out that someone, somewhere was inevitably going to throw out a date that turned out to be accidentally accurate.

Exactly.
    The twitter pages are as much in the dark as everyone else, they're crying out for followers and a lot are using affiliate links too. They'll eventually be right because it's impossible to be wrong when they're giving out every possible date.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

Sidford wrote: »
    Home delivery option is now on the ps5 site don't remember seeing it there last week so might be a sign that the rumours over next week are true

Do you have link to that? Not sure what site you're referring to (not the official PS5 IE site?)?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sidford

Do you have link to that? Not sure what site you're referring to (not the official PS5 IE site?)?

Sorry meant to put in its on Smyth's. It's back to greyed out now. Maybe just coincidence but like before they did with first release hopefully they are testing the site out

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Hey all,

So I was one of the lucky ones to get a ps5 in December but gave it away to a guy in work for a santa present thinking it would be easy to get another one, how wrong was I ha.

Anyway I'm doing my daily website checks and I see in Argos if you go to store check and enter there ps5 code it won't allow you to select a store. This was possible up to yesterday even though it would say no stock for pick up or delivery. Again this might be nothing but could also be a sign that smyths, argos etc are getting there websites ready for the next drop whenever that is.

Good luck to everyone in the coming weeks if the rumours are to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

vinny33 wrote: »
    Hey all,

So I was one of the lucky ones to get a ps5 in December but gave it away to a guy in work for a santa present thinking it would be easy to get another one, how wrong was I ha.

Anyway I'm doing my daily website checks and I see in Argos if you go to store check and enter there ps5 code it won't allow you to select a store. This was possible up to yesterday even though it would say no stock for pick up or delivery. Again this might be nothing but could also be a sign that smyths, argos etc are getting there websites ready for the next drop whenever that is.

Good luck to everyone in the coming weeks if the rumours are to be believed.

That's because non essential stores can no longer operate a click and collect service during lockdown - I think they were allowed to do click and collect until this weekend to fulfill existing orders. It has to be delivery only for the rest of the lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sidford

What's the product code on Argos? Can't find it on a Google search. Thanks

Sidford wrote: »
    What's the product code on Argos? Can't find it on a Google search. Thanks

834/9024 this is for the digital version

That's because non essential stores can no longer operate a click and collect service during lockdown - I think they were allowed to do click and collect until this weekend to fulfill existing orders. It has to be delivery only for the rest of the lockdown.

You're obviously right but let's hope with the home delivery scenario, this will allow the people who actually want one a chance to get it.

Do you think some stores will hold the stock until we're able to collect rather than deliver. Curry's never gave the option of home delivery before so it wouldn't surprise me if they don't put out the stock until people are allowed to travel again????

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

You're obviously right but let's hope with the home delivery scenario, this will allow the people who actually want one a chance to get it.

Do you think some stores will hold the stock until we're able to collect rather than deliver. Curry's never gave the option of home delivery before so it wouldn't surprise me if they don't put out the stock until people are allowed to travel again????

Curry’s is still open for click and collect, electrical stores haven’t been closed

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TheOneWhoDraws

Sodmuffin wrote: »
    Curry’s is still open for click and collect, electrical stores haven’t been closed

While this is true for some locations, it is not the case for Argos who made the decision to suspend Click and Collect services: https://www.argos.ie/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/delivery-collection.htm

As a result, the change to the home delivery option is probably more connected to a general Click and Collect change rather than anything specifically related to PS5 Stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

So basically we still know f-all regarding availability etc.? This is ridiculous imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Great feedback and seems legit but then it says 'bank transfer only' in the description which to me anyway is a massive red flag. I still wouldn't chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

laneooo wrote:
    Great feedback and seems legit but then it says 'bank transfer only' in the description which to me anyway is a massive red flag. I still wouldn't chance it.

Has been taken down as it's against the t&C's to demand bank transfer only. Avoid these ads like the plague.

Is there feck all protection when it comes to bank transfers?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep.

Glad Ebay took it down so. How much was it going for?

morning all, could someone shed some light on an Argos question, has anyone ever seen this as a shop pick option being. i put the PS5 code 8349024 in Store Checker and the first option for stores is

Argos on Ebay ROI (Extra), never seen this before.

morning all, could someone shed some light on an Argos question, has anyone ever seen this as a shop pick option being. i put the PS5 code 8349024 in Store Checker and the first option for stores is

That's just their online shop where they sell stock from the UK via eBay. I have no idea how that is going to function with Brexit.

In any case, you put in the code for the Digital Edition, and I've never known Argos to have any stock of that model.

Basil3 wrote: »
    That's just their online shop where they sell stock from the UK via eBay. I have no idea how that is going to function with Brexit.

In any case, you put in the code for the Digital Edition, and I've never known Argos to have any stock of that model.

as i am looking for a digital version, this is the code i have used since launch day to secure, i wasn't aware they never stocked the digital version.

BTW theres an Ebay option for ROI on the bottom of the stores list, just seen it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 steveasdf

Yes. Always pay using Paypal’s Goods & Services option when buying anything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

Could you paste the link please? Thanks

as i am looking for a digital version, this is the code i have used since launch day to secure, i wasn't aware they never stocked the digital version.

BTW theres an Ebay option for ROI on the bottom of the stores list, just seen it there.

Yeah, it's in their list of stores, but it doesn't really mean anything.

The Argos Ireland Ebay store sells goods shipped from the UK, and you're not going to find a PS5 on there, and even if you do, you're going to get hit with import duties.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's in their list of stores, but it doesn't really mean anything.

The Argos Ireland Ebay store sells goods shipped from the UK, and you're not going to find a PS5 on there, and even if you do, you're going to get hit with import duties.

Ah OK, thanks for clearing that up, suppose i'm just getting desperate now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

According to dualsensor on Twitter Argos and Smyths are getting stock by the end of the month ordering could be as soon as tomorrow as always take it with a pinch of salt but just said I'd post here just in case

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

So basically "Jan 21" as they have all had stated on their websites since late last year. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭JDxtra

shinzon wrote: »
    According to dualsensor on Twitter Argos and Smyths are getting stock by the end of the month ordering could be as soon as tomorrow as always take it with a pinch of salt but just said I'd post here just in case

Shin

Argos are closed until end of the month in ROI and have never had a pre-order system. Smyths would be a better bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Sorry for the question folks but...

I have a one for all card to use to buy a ps5. Will there be an option on argos or tesco to use this rather than a normal bank/credit card?

• Advertisement

Sorry for the question folks but...

I have a one for all card to use to buy a ps5. Will there be an option on argos or tesco to use this rather than a normal bank/credit card?

I'm the same, i know Smyths don't take them so i'm hoping its a case of click and collect at the end of the month and you can pay if you are able to pick up in stores like HN, Currys or Argos. In Smyths it was the case of reserving and paying when you picked up, I got a digital Ps5 there before Xmas but gave it away.

Advertisement