Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

Sorry for the question folks but...

I have a one for all card to use to buy a ps5. Will there be an option on argos or tesco to use this rather than a normal bank/credit card?

If it’s a virtual one 4 all you won’t be able to use it as max amount on a one 4 all is €150 (I think) and online websites don’t accept 2 forms of payment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Sodmuffin wrote: »
    If it’s a virtual one 4 all you won’t be able to use it as max amount on a one 4 all is €150 (I think) and online websites don’t accept 2 forms of payment

Max amount on a one 4 all is €500 (I think), but it's irrelevant because new money laundering laws mean that you can only use a maximum of €50 in a single online transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Max amount on a one 4 all is €500 (I think), but it's irrelevant because new money laundering laws mean that you can only use a maximum of €50 in a single online transaction.

It's a physical card with €500 on it.

But with that new law, it's basically useless for trying to get a ps5 online?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CMJM96

I got a €500 one for all at Christmas but its a chip and pin card with a pin and verified with my ID. Assume this would work, its basically like a Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

JDxtra wrote: »
    Argos are closed until end of the month in ROI and have never had a pre-order system. Smyths would be a better bet.

Argos naas was open today.

• Advertisement

I have a one for all card to use to buy a ps5. Will there be an option on argos or tesco to use this rather than a normal bank/credit card?

Tesco let me lump 90€ off mine in all 4 one vouchers. It was in store though if that helps

Tesco let me lump 90€ off mine in all 4 one vouchers. It was in store though if that helps

Did you do click and collect and then pay in store? How did you book it online without paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

Yeah I was the same basically you can only spend it online 50 euro at I time. Best bet would be argos click and collect and pay in store if they are open at that stage

Did you do click and collect and then pay in store? How did you book it online without paying?

I think you'll have to click & collect if possible and pay in store.
    They rang me after my order was cancelled and I paid at the CS desk

I think you'll have to click & collect if possible and pay in store.
    They rang me after my order was cancelled and I paid at the CS desk

Hopefully it's an option to reserve and pay in the shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sidford

Come on lads can you take your one for all voucher chat somewhere else?

Sidford wrote: »

While I agree mostly. There is no stock update to speak of so I figured I'd get an answer quicker in here than any other thread, seems I was right and hopefully helped others in my situation.

Im hoping I'll wake up in the morning to this thread full of actual updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Sidford wrote: »

One 4 all and all 4 one 🙂, only joking Sidford fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

A few appeared on Amazon DE early this morning.

Gone in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Good sign that stock is trickling into Europe all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dan577

I called into Galway Argos this morning and they said it'll be March/April before they get anything

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Dan577 wrote: »
    I called into Galway Argos this morning and they said it'll be March/April before they get anything

This is surely the worst console launch ever. Sony embarrassing themselves and it's depressing.

Series Xs are still popping up regularly too.

I can't believe I've been looking for one none stop since launch and it doesn't look good for the next few weeks either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dan577 wrote: »

I thought argos were closed, or is it they are open but only for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kmcg46

Kimbot wrote: »

Argos did close but opened from yesterday for essential click n collect only

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

lemonkey wrote: »
    This is surely the worst console launch ever. Sony embarrassing themselves and it's depressing.

Or the best? Considering they have sold every one.

And I doubt its only a few thousand either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

lemonkey wrote: »

Series Xs are still popping up regularly too.

I can't believe I've been looking for one none stop since launch and it doesn't look good for the next few weeks either.

What's the deal there? How did X Box plan for this better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

There's just less demand for the xbox globally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

What's the deal there? How did X Box plan for this better.

Sony sold like 10 to 1 compared to the XSX that's why you can still get an Xbox. Sony are No. 1 and in huge demand. Every console launch is like this. PS4 was no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

So not necessarily embarrassing themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Still doesn't make sense that they basically have no stock from mid December to march. Unless they stopped manufacturing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I had one in my basket from Littlewoods but decided not to buy it as they were forcing you to buy a second controller with it (for €80 which is the most expensive I've seen them anywhere), I figured I'd pick one up after Christmas easily enough if I was on the ball. Derp.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Sony sold like 10 to 1 compared to the XSX

Do you have any back up to that claim? Very interesting if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Do you have any back up to that claim? Very interesting if true.

A quick Google says PS5 sold 3.3 million to xbox series x/s 1.8 million. That was dated to December 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

A quick Google says PS5 sold 3.3 million to xbox series x/s 1.8 million. That was dated to December 21st.

So quite a bit a way from the claimed 10 to 1.

Thought that's was a bit of a fanciful claim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Dan577

Kimbot wrote: »

Its open for click and collect. I was passing it today while at work and I'd said I'd chance calling in and asking.

Advertisement