Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Great stock updates. Thread is a complete joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

RossieMan wrote: »

There hasn't been a legit stock update in a month, not sure what you expect to be posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks got 5 ordered!!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Yeah, it's really gone to the dogs. Can Mods try sort this out and get it back on track seeing as there's another restock due in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

**STOCK UPDATE**

Still no stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Yeah, it's really gone to the dogs. Can Mods try sort this out and get it back on track seeing as there's another restock due in the coming weeks.

Is there really?
    Any proof to this?

There's no confirmed stock anywhere.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: If more stock becomes available, we’ll happily step in and intervene to keep things tidy and focused as before. When there’s no stock - and there is none, as has been the case for a month now - there’s a limited value to being super strict. There’s no benefit to just nonsense rumours and dates from random Twitter accounts keeping the thread going while stock is non-existent.

However, we would urge everyone to keep general chat to other threads. There are other threads more suitable, and feel free to start new threads as well if you have something particular you want to discuss.

Rest assured, when there is actual info it’ll be posted here swiftly. But currently everyone’s waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

How long ago, and for how much?

I saw it at 7:30 pm more or less for €476 including delivery. I ended up cancelling it as it was not fullfilled by Amazon and I prefer to wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

m8051 wrote: »
    I saw it at 7:30 pm more or less for €476 including delivery. I ended up cancelling it as it was not fullfilled by Amazon and I prefer to wait.

Something that retails for 500€ being sold for 476€......you saved a lot of hassle by cancelling!

Woke up to a bunch of restock alerts from Harvey Norman, but their site doesnt seem to have changed. Could have been a false positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scoby78

Woke up to a bunch of restock alerts from Harvey Norman, but their site doesnt seem to have changed. Could have been a false positive.

I got one too but still nothing there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

Just went onto Harvey Norman chat to ask about the above alerts answer quoted below
    Hi, This thread is not run by Harvey Norman we have not given any stock alerts to our customers so I'm not sure where they are getting their information. Once we have an update to stock coming back in we will advertise this publicly on our social media and website so please keep an eye out. Thanks

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

@Dualsensor tweeted that their app gave false alerts for Harvey Norman. Seems to be only false alerts coming from them and now they’re talking about adding a premium feature

Dual sensor also just tweeted (since deleted) that all stock into Europe is on hold indefinitely, and he was told that it's a messy situation (or some bull**** along those lines).

Completely clueless, we'll find out about stock in this thread before any of these ITK Twitter accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Basil3 wrote: »
    Dual sensor also just tweeted (since deleted) that all stock into Europe is on hold indefinitely, and he was told that it's a messy situation (or some bull**** along those lines).

Completely clueless, we'll find out about stock in this thread before any of these ITK Twitter accounts.

That makes literally no sense. Clueless indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭recyclops

hahahahahahaha its worse than transfer rumours at this stage.

Sony have an issue, be it production or distribution but for a launch this big it really is laughable that they haven't released more in over a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

In the first month of release Sony have shipped more PS5s than anyone has ever done in history.

They have greater production than anyone ever has in history.

But, alas, there is more demand for the PS5 than I ever remember.

2021 which will I get first? My PS5 or my Covid vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭jj880

Basil3 wrote: »

Seems he'll tweet some spoof to keep the account active but if he gets too many people asking him for proof or taking the p!ss out of his nonsense posts he'll take it down. Doesnt seem worth following to be honest. He missed all the restocks in December also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭recyclops

puzl wrote: »
    In the first month of release Sony have shipped more PS5s than anyone has ever done in history.

tenor.gif?itemid=18842875

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's hardly surprising. Sony are the only ones shipping PS5 :pac:

jj880 wrote: »
    Seems he'll tweet some spoof to keep the account active but if he gets too many people asking him for proof or taking the p!ss out of his nonsense posts he'll take it down. Doesnt seem worth following to be honest. He missed all the restocks in December also.

Yeah, it seems like he's a guy who started with good intentions of helping people find PS5's, but now he's grown a following and feels the need to keep followers on the hook.

If he was genuine, when he got any information, he would share the source of the information so people can gauge how legitimate it is.

I don't even know why I'm still following accounts like that. I'm already sorted with my PS5, just half keeping an eye out for someone I know who is still looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

People around the world are getting them, it's Ireland that is frozen out it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,319 ✭✭✭facehugger99

When is the last time an Irish retailer has got any stock?

Must be 5-6 weeks ago at this stage.

Compared to the PS4 release this is laughably bad by Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

The big problem with stock here will depend on whether or not it gets stuck in the UK. If Sony have viewed us as the “UK and Ireland” with regard to stock, it could be a longer wait dealing with Brexit fall out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sure they can’t get tikka masalas on shelves at the moment, can only imagine the logistics with PS5s :pac:

Lockdown, Brexit, the hangover from the Christmas rush... not a good time to be any sort of supplier or retailer.

The_Brood wrote: »
    People around the world are getting them, it's Ireland that is frozen out it seems.

Not sure about that, I speak some spanish and tried to get one from Spanish retailers and is out of stock everywhere but second hand sites. I'd say is more worldwide than other thing ... Hopefully we all will get one at some point ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The_Brood wrote: »

The US seems to be the only place getting regular stock drops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 steveasdf

Obligatory Twitter rumour mill nonsense post!

https://twitter.com/ps5ukstock/status/1349709286201577473?s=21

For what it’s worth, I’ve found these lads to be pretty conservative with how much they put up. They only really seem to Tweet when a drop happens I think. But who knows.

Also, if you’re really looking for something to play, you can pick up PS4’s and Switches for modest prices on Adverts atm :) Got a Switch last week and Zelda is a blast!

Advertisement