Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Sony sold like 10 to 1 compared to the XSX that's why you can still get an Xbox. Sony are No. 1 and in huge demand. Every console launch is like this. PS4 was no different.

Where did you get this stat? That doesn’t sound right at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Danick wrote: »
    Where did you get this stat? That doesn’t sound right at all.
    I think he just saw a trend in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

Lad working in PC World in Galway said they’re expecting to have stock next week and to watch the website for updates of when they’ll be available in store and online

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

My friends dog heard from a cat that stock will be dropped next week

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭JamBur

bmwfan wrote: »

Had me at dog, lost me at cat.... not trustworthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hashtonic

“PS5 re-stock: Sony Rewards adding PlayStation 5 stock TODAY but no plans for UK“

America has gotten so many restocks, we’ve been shafted over here

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We know the same cat....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Another random wee hours phantom restock notification from Currys this time.

hashtonic wrote: »
    “PS5 re-stock: Sony Rewards adding PlayStation 5 stock TODAY but no plans for UK“

America has gotten so many restocks, we’ve been shafted over here

Maybe Sony are focusing on increasing their market share as much as possible in the US. The PS5 didn't outsell the Xbox by all that much over there, whereas in Europe it's more than 2:1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Amazon FR this morning.
    PartAlert
    BOT
    Today at 10:38 AM
    €379.99 | Sony PlayStation 5 Digital Edition, Avec 1 manette Sans Fil DualSense, Couleur : Blanche | @FR @EU
    Amazon.fr
    Sony PlayStation 5 Digital Edition, Avec 1 manette Sans Fil DualSense, Couleur : Blanche
    Price
    €379.99 at 10:38:08 GMT
    Link
    https://partalert.net/product.html?v=51421546#asin=B08H98GVK8&price=%E2%82%AC379.99&smid=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&tag=partalertfr-21&timestamp=10%3A38+UTC+%2815.1.2021%29&title=Sony+PlayStation+5+Digital+Edition%2C+Avec+1+manette+Sans+Fil+DualSense%2C+Couleur%C2%A0%3A+Blanche&tld=.fr
    Disclaimer
    As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
    Note: website caching
    Remember to refresh, click 'See all buying options', etc.

[10:44 AM]
    €379.99 | Sony PlayStation 5 Digital Edition, Avec 1 manette Sans Fil DualSense, Couleur : Blanche | @FR @EU
    Amazon.fr
    Sony PlayStation 5 Digital Edition, Avec 1 manette Sans Fil DualSense, Couleur : Blanche
    Price
    €379.99 at 10:44:36 GMT
    Link
    https://partalert.net/product.html?v=51421546#asin=B08H98GVK8&price=%E2%82%AC379.99&smid=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&tag=partalertfr-21&timestamp=10%3A44+UTC+%2815.1.2021%29&title=Sony+PlayStation+5+Digital+Edition%2C+Avec+1+manette+Sans+Fil+DualSense%2C+Couleur%C2%A0%3A+Blanche&tld=.fr
    Disclaimer
    As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
    Note: website caching
    Remember to refresh, click 'See all buying options', etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭ozmo

Basil3 wrote: »
    The PS5 didn't outsell the Xbox by all that much over there, whereas in Europe it's more than 2:1.

I don't think either console can be considered to have outsold the other as both sold out immediately and demand was far over the stock levels.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

ozmo wrote: »
    I don't think either console can be considered to have outsold the other as both sold out immediately and demand was far over the stock levels.

But that won't drive the console war narrative a lot of single platform owners live by, so shush you! :D

On topic - No stock updates, fake or rumoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Did anyone see the twitter post about smyths allowing people to order in the UK just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

vinny33 wrote: »
    Did anyone see the twitter post about smyths allowing people to order in the UK just now.

There's a lot of photos of people who have ordered them. They're an Irish company yet we don't get any

• Registered Users Posts: 18,148 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Home delivery seems to be available on the UK Smyths site

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Home delivery seems to be available on the UK Smyths site

There has to be an Irish drop soon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,148 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Who knows hopefully it will be on the Irish site soon too

Irish drop live, site keeps timing out. Seems to be digital only

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

you sure? none for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Doctor Bojangles

What makes you say it’s live?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

I had one in UK smyths in my basket (with a VPN) but couldn’t get it, got an alert for smyths Ireland too but no option to click home delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

Smyths crashed

Tracker app showed stock, while site crashed, screenshots on twitter showing it available for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

Jsman11 wrote: »
    Smyths crashed

Aye down for me as well, I reckon it went bananas after the drop in UK

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Doctor Bojangles

I got the alert and jumped in but just got server errors.

Does anyone know was there any available?
    A stock checker will likely only tell you if the web page has changed and the site going down would likely trigger that

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

Site back online now. Smyths IE still says 'Expected Jan 2021' (Smyths UK nowe says 'Expected Feb 2021'), but judging by the outrage on the stock cheking apps/Twitter they all got allocated instantly so quite worried that the exact same thing is gonna happen when they go live in IE.

Why can't retailers put some rudimentary checks in place to stop bots/scalpers?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

Smyths site is back up but all the stock is gone

Site back online now. Smyths IE still says 'Expected Jan 2021' (Smyths UK nowe says 'Expected Feb 2021'), but judging by the outrage on the stock cheking apps/Twitter they all got allocated instantly so quite worried that the exact same thing is gonna happen when they go live in IE.

Why can't retailers put some rudimentary checks in place to stop bots/scalpers?

Being totally pragmatic, why would they spend money to make it harder to sell stock? We'd like to think they care but at the end of the day of the stock is snapped up immediately that's a win for them regardless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement