Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭josip

Did anyone here get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

Site back online now. Smyths IE still says 'Expected Jan 2021' (Smyths UK nowe says 'Expected Feb 2021'), but judging by the outrage on the stock cheking apps/Twitter they all got allocated instantly so quite worried that the exact same thing is gonna happen when they go live in IE.

Why can't retailers put some rudimentary checks in place to stop bots/scalpers?

Assuming they have some stock allocated to us but I would not be surprise if they don't to be honest.

Aye they defo should have a queue system in place to process orders ...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

Seems like there were none released on smyths Ireland. any alerts were just alerting to the website crashing (apps only alert when there’s been a change on the page so the website crashing led to the alerts). I could be wrong but any screenshots on Twitter are from UK

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

Being totally pragmatic, why would they spend money to make it harder to sell stock? We'd like to think they care but at the end of the day of the stock is snapped up immediately that's a win for them regardless.

That's true, but it affects brand reputation. I would certainly shop somewhere again had they consciously decided to put some rudimentary checks in place for the sake of genuine customers.

*sorry I know this is 'no chat' thread but this stock situation is a real pain in the arse atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Sodmuffin wrote: »
    Seems like there were none released on smyths Ireland. any alerts were just alerting to the website crashing (apps only alert when there’s been a change on the page so the website crashing led to the alerts). I could be wrong but any screenshots on Twitter are from UK

Agreed , UK site now says stock in February but it’s still January for Ireland. I never saw any in stock at all and I was on it immediately

• Advertisement

Carnagebot on twitter tweeting that they bought 100+ last night using bots

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

What's the point, the urgency of securing one for Xmas is over, surely people can wait and not pay over the odds for one. I really want one but I'll happily wait into I get one at RRP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

How much do they sell them for then? Never heard of them before

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

I'm not waiting on a PS5, but Smyths (and others) should really be protecting themselves against scrapers and bots. It is pretty straight forward to do and stops these parasites.

Also shocking they allowed multi-buys, seeing people grabbing 4 and 5 at a go. Really, really poor by Smyths.

Ronan wrote: »
    I'm not waiting on a PS5, but Smyths (and others) should really be protecting themselves against scrapers and bots. It is pretty straight forward to do and stops these parasites.

Also shocking they allowed multi-buys, seeing people grabbing 4 and 5 at a go. Really, really poor by Smyths.

Disappointing to see alright. I’m prepared to wait until I can walk into a shop on a whim to get one and use my vouchers. PS4 is still going strong and I have a couple of games I’m still playing and others I might get before switching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

L'prof wrote: »
    Disappointing to see alright. I’m prepared to wait until I can walk into a shop on a whim to get one and use my vouchers. PS4 is still going strong and I have a couple of games I’m still playing and others I might get before switching

Did they go for sale on the Irish Smyths website or just the UK one?

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Did they go for sale on the Irish Smyths website or just the UK one?

I wasn’t looking but I’d say it’s just the UK one

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

It was just the UK. Apologies to Mods about the chat, just ranting about how poor these sites are.

Amazon UK had 2 digital PS5s during the night, they were sold by ‘Amazon warehouse and fulfilled by Amazon’ but were ”used like new” and ess than RRP. Went in seconds anyway

Game UK has different bundles to preorder, do they ship to IE?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

m8051 wrote: »

Customs charges will apply so will end up costing alot more than retail over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 steveasdf

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Kimbot wrote: »
    Customs charges will apply so will end up costing alot more than retail over here.

I think consoles are exempt. Take a look here about halfway down page to see exempt items.

https://www.moneyguideireland.com/irish-customs-duty-on-uk-online-purchases.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Unless the seller is paying Irish VAT, you’ll be hit for that on top of the UK VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Amazon UK had 2 digital PS5s during the night, they were sold by ‘Amazon warehouse and fulfilled by Amazon’ but were ”used like new” and ess than RRP. Went in seconds anyway

How do you know this or see this ?

• Advertisement

How do you know this or see this ?

Got an alert, attached a screenshot

Got an alert, attached a screenshot

How did you get the alert? One from the warehouse would suit me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

m8051 wrote:

You haven't a hope with an alert. Bots would have it gone before you even click the link.

Using the PS5+ stock alerts app, it costs €4 or so, a few people here have mentioned their phone restarted/crashed after downloading it but I haven’t had any problems like that so far

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Was just talking to a neighbour of my gfs parents, and apparently he’s picking 2 up from Currys in Waterford on Tuesday? His mate is over console and gaming there or something like that so has 2 for him.

Says they come in in drips and drabs...it’s possible staff just hold them for friends and stuff so maybe that’s why you don’t hear any general info about them...but sure maybe that’s a sign that there more coming idk.

Yes I know this is very “my friends brothers cat said” but thought I’d share what I heard anywho, so don’t attack me or anything I’m literally just sharing what I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

The stock alerts app has been fine for me since I complained before, I just don't know whether the alerts are accurate or not. I've not gotten any pings for Irish stores at all since install.

Just seen on Twitter that the carnage bot that bought 100+ PS5s off Smyths Uk has been shut down and will be tomorrow when they are set up under a new name/website so tonight would be the perfect time for a website to drop stock

Just seen on Twitter that the carnage bot that bought 100+ PS5s off Smyths Uk has been shut down and will be tomorrow when they are set up under a new name/website so tonight would be the perfect time for a website to drop stock

I was literally just scrolling through their tweets and then poof, the account went private🀔

I was literally just going through all their tweets and then suddenly the account switched to private

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

I was literally just scrolling through their tweets and then poof, the account went private🀔

I reported them as scammers to twitter yesterday haha

Advertisement