Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

What's the point of these accounts other than to build followers, even this thread won't bring a PS5 any closer, they'll be gone before you buy one and post about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My son is checking for stock daily... he asked me to lodge the money he has saved for ps5 to my account so I can buy it straight away once it in stock.... after reading this thread I realise we will be waiting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Lisha wrote: »
    My son is checking for stock daily... he asked me to lodge the money he has saved for ps5 to my account so I can buy it straight away once it in stock.... after reading this thread I realise we will be waiting :(

I've given up hope of getting one before the summer unfortunately. The fact that all the sales are online is killing the chances of picking one up as bots are just getting them within seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I've given up hope of getting one before the summer unfortunately. The fact that all the sales are online is killing the chances of picking one up as bots are just getting them within seconds.

Oh crap!! I kinda was thinking that but i was hoping I was wrong.. his Xbox is over 7yrs old... he’s due an upgrade in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭jj880

Lisha wrote: »
    Oh crap!! I kinda was thinking that but i was hoping I was wrong.. his Xbox is over 7yrs old... he’s due an upgrade in fairness.

I reckon Harvey Norman is best bet for Ireland. Dont think bots got any of their 2 releases of ps5s before Christmas. They dont announce on twitter anymore if I remember correctly. Keep an eye on their facebook and on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 steveasdf

Was just talking to a neighbour of my gfs parents, and apparently he’s picking 2 up from Currys in Waterford on Tuesday? His mate is over console and gaming there or something like that so has 2 for him.

Says they come in in drips and drabs...it’s possible staff just hold them for friends and stuff so maybe that’s why you don’t hear any general info about them...but sure maybe that’s a sign that there more coming idk.

Yes I know this is very “my friends brothers cat said” but thought I’d share what I heard anywho, so don’t attack me or anything I’m literally just sharing what I heard.

Nah I’ve heard a the same thing from a friend, he’s getting his PS5 sorted through a mate who works in Curry’s.

Having typed this out I just remembered I know someone who works as a supervisor in one, maybe it’s time to give them a shout lol

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

morning all,

I messaged Smyths the other day after I seen the UK put stock online, here is the response I got, nothing major but a good chance of stock dropping this month.

Screenshot_20210118-104328_One UI Home.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

vinny33 wrote: »
    morning all,

I messaged Smyths the other day after I seen the UK put stock online, here is the response I got, nothing major but a good chance of stock dropping this month.

Cheers.

Tried Harveys there got the usual nonsense so tried a different tactic. Looks like Sony is ignoring Ireland.

morning all,

The Smyths website says they are getting stock in January 2021, and it has for quite a while. All they did was direct you to the same web page we've seen for weeks.

Have some faith Basil :)

• Advertisement

Have some faith Basil :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they do get stock this month, all I'm saying is that the customer service guy is literally telling you what it says on their website.

From memory, Smyths had two waves of orders in November, and one in December. You'd fully expect another this month.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if they do get stock this month, all I'm saying is that the customer service guy is literally telling you what it says on their website.

From memory, Smyths had two waves of orders in November, and one in December. You'd fully expect another this month.

I understand basil, I got one of the digital Ps5 from the December drop so hopefully like last time, we get enough notice to be online when they drop but who knows. just sent a message to Currys as well, lets see if they respond with something worth posting.

home delivery on Smyths now an option but nothing happening just on digital though, might be a sign

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauldaly1888

home delivery on Smyths now an option but nothing happening just on digital though, might be a sign

Only on the digital . Are PS4 users going to go disc only or would they take the Digital

Only on the digital . Are PS4 users going to go disc only or would they take the Digital

I want a digital, I only play one game so a Disc version would be wasted on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

Does anyone know how the storage on the digital compares to the PS4, it’s been a big pain only being able to have 4 games stored on the PS4 at a time and having to delete games to update others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭recyclops

all over a digital whenever they become free, its a no brainer if you game with friends and buy the same games frequently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I want a digital, I only play one game so a Disc version would be wasted on me.

Wow that's a very catholic type of gaming!! Out of nosiness, what's the game?

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Wow that's a very catholic type of gaming!! Out of nosiness, what's the game?

:D:D COD all day long for me, I might swing towards Mortal Kombat if I'm feeling adventurous :) I get bored with the likes of GTA, Spiderman etc but can appreciate how good they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I want a disc version to give me the option of grabbing a cheap game whether its on the PS Store or on Amazon.

Also, it makes presents for me and the kids easier if people can give you a physical game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

penev10 wrote: »
    I want a disc version to give me the option of grabbing a cheap game whether its on the PS Store or on Amazon.

Also, it makes presents for me and the kids easier if people can give you a physical game.

I'd also like to have the option to play 4K movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Also the option to trade in/sell off games you won't play again when you're done! Digital edition seems to be popping up with stock more frequently but I'm waiting for a standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

https://techstomper.com/ps5-harvey-norman-smyths-ireland/

Way hey Vinny, our screenshot made some site I've never heard of!

lemonkey wrote: »
    https://techstomper.com/ps5-harvey-norman-smyths-ireland/

Way hey Vinny, our screenshot made some site I've never heard of!

And a guy called Vinny is coincidentally the Editor-in-chief of that site.... :D

Basil3 wrote: »
    And a guy called Vinny is coincidentally the Editor-in-chief of that site.... :D

bahaha, must be a slow day for them if they're using our screen shots, not exactly game changing information.

BTW I swear I'm not the editor :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sidford

Can't screenshot it here but there was a lad yesterday on a discord group I'm on saying that his brother was picking up an Xbox X for him in Curry's In swords and that the brother was offered a PS5 so supposedly they have them but aren't putting them online.
    Now I'm very very skeptical (not of the Xbox bit because I have seen others say Curry's are selling them) but of the PS5 bit. Shop opens at 10am and think some others are heading over to check it out this morning.
    When I get an update I will post it up on here.

Sidford wrote: »
    Can't screenshot it here but there was a lad yesterday on a discord group I'm on saying that his brother was picking up an Xbox X for him in Curry's In swords and that the brother was offered a PS5 so supposedly they have them but aren't putting them online.
    Now I'm very very skeptical (not of the Xbox bit because I have seen others say Curry's are selling them) but of the PS5 bit. Shop opens at 10am and think some others are heading over to check it out this morning.
    When I get an update I will post it up on here.

Thanks Sidford, if you can let us know straight away, it might give some people a fighting chance of going to there nearest store. I'll be waiting at the computer with my car keys ready :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sidford

There's actually a fair few lads going out to swords and a few other stores so will hopefully update a little after 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

Staff working in curry’s told me on Thursday that they were expecting stock this week (and that they’d be updating the website) so could actually be the case that the actually have stock today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

An unexpected vet trip put a dent in my playstation fund so now I'd be quite satisfied if they held off for another week :D:D:D

Advertisement