Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sidford

Swords supposedly has them. I'm taking the information from people on a discord chat lads so I have no way of verifying it but that's what is being said.

Mods on the chat have asked for pics as proof re Curry's. Will see if they get sent on. Seems to be a few lads saying they have them so either that are right ....'s and acting together or its genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

Game uk just dropped hopefully we get a drop soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Game UK have PS5s now - no idea how to get one to Ire - hate Brexit!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

John Lewis had some stock available as well ... hope we all can get one in IRE any time soon ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dustempire

Danick wrote: »
    Game UK have PS5s now - no idea how to get one to Ire - hate Brexit!

can we not order via AddressPal? I guess we might have to pay custom duty or something...

• Advertisement

dustempire wrote: »
    can we not order via AddressPal? I guess we might have to pay custom duty or something...

Got the alert on HotUkDeals but site crashed every time I clicked on PS5 consoles - good sign that there has been a stock drop to Europe - hope all the scalpers get stuck with them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Danick wrote: »
    Got the alert on HotUkDeals but site crashed every time I clicked on PS5 consoles - good sign that there has been a stock drop to Europe - hope all the scalpers get stuck with them

From what I've seen on twitter it's all bots that got the ones on John Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

dustempire wrote: »

Vat 21%
    Customs Duty 12%
    An Post €10 Admin fee
    Address Pale Fee(unsure, a bit up in the air, is the item too big for AddressPal so extra costs)

Cost of a system €520(assuming higher because of exchange rate) + shipping of lets say €20 so €540.00

Vat €113.40
    Duty €64.80
    An Post €10
    Address Pal(let's say another €15)
    = €203.20
    + €540.00
    = Total €743.20

Assuming the UK Vat is not removed.

Is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭recyclops

not even close ordering from the uk unless you can get someone up north to buy, collect and ship it down is insane

Berty wrote: »
    Vat 21%
    Customs Duty 12%
    An Post €10 Admin fee
    Address Pale Fee(unsure, a bit up in the air, is the item too big for AddressPal so extra costs)

Cost of a system €520(assuming higher because of exchange rate) + shipping of lets say €20 so €540.00

Vat €113.40
    Duty €64.80
    An Post €10
    Address Pal(let's say another €15)
    = €203.20
    + €540.00
    = Total €743.20

Assuming the UK Vat is not removed.

Is it worth it?

No - I’m taking it as a good sign that shops here will have them soon - my mate got one from Harvey Norman before Christmas - 3rd Dec - and he said they handled it really well - it seemed to be bot proof. A guy tried to sell me one for 700 before Christmas so I feel I have to hold out now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

From what I've seen on twitter it's all bots that got the ones on John Lewis

As far as I know, Game UK has/had a queue system in place that prevented bots to ruin the party. I don't understand why the online retailers add some processes to mitigate them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭recyclops

m8051 wrote: »
    As far as I know, Game UK has/had a queue system in place that prevented bots to ruin the party. I don't understand why the online retailers add some processes to mitigate them

Because the sell out stock and make profit regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MrGaryFox

Any updates if any other Currys Stores have them?

Supposedly some Curry's do and I have seen a picture but it's from discord so I can't say for 100%. If I was near a Curry's I would go myself to.find out. There is enough noise in the discord chat that if.someome is near a Curry's it's worth popping in to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Sidford wrote: »
    Supposedly some Curry's do and I have seen a picture but it's from discord so I can't say for 100%. If I was near a Curry's I would go myself to.find out. There is enough noise in the discord chat that if.someome is near a Curry's it's worth popping in to check.

So far none online.

So far none online.

Currys haven't put anything online in ages. They had the Series X and PS5 as in-store only, with nothing published online.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

MrGaryFox wrote: »
    Any updates if any other Currys Stores have them?

Just went to curry's in liffey valley, they got 15 units in yesterday's delivery and gone in 20mins. They don't put the stock on the floor, you need to ask a staff member. They also said each store has a different delivery day so other stores might have them today/tomorrow but they don't know.

There's another delivery coming in on Friday but they don't know if they're getting any, it's a case of wait and see.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Currys haven't put anything online in ages. They had the Series X and PS5 as in-store only, with nothing published online.

Seriously?? In this climate that is utter bullsh*t. They need to cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

Curry’s Galway said they got 20 in this morning and there were 20 people waiting when they opened so sold out. Staff member said he didn’t even know they were getting them today until he came in

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MrGaryFox

Im gonna head to Carrickmines there now so I'll post once I know.

• Advertisement

MrGaryFox wrote: »
    Im gonna head to Carrickmines there now so I'll post once I know.

I just treid to ring them there and no answer but yes if you have news please update

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

In Carrickmines, was told I missed them by 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Tough luck mate

ffs... just left for there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭josip

Did they have Standard or Digital versions or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Didn't ask

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

I’m in jervis is they’re due in very shortly. Fort come first seeved

theliam wrote: »
    I’m in her is they’re due in very shortly. Fort come first seeved

Which store?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

Sidford wrote: »
    Which store?

Jervis sorry autocorrect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

are stores actually opened? i thought it was click and collect for essential items only?

Advertisement