Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

theliam wrote: »
    I’m in jervis is they’re due in very shortly. Fort come first seeved

Best of luck for you.

Kinda nuts that people knew they where coming in!
    Also crazy that you cannot buy online as it is supposed to be click and deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gabe_dublin

Swords is gone... a guy in front of me got the last one...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

coolisin wrote: »
    Best of luck for you.

Kinda nuts that people knew they where coming in!
    Also crazy that you cannot buy online as it is supposed to be click and deliver.

The staff are letting people know, if they're only getting small amounts in, it doesn't give much hope to get one. Not having a go at the staff, we would probably do the same.

Swords is gone... a guy in front of me got the last one...

ah no way Gabe, sorry to hear that. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

At least this means that stock has dropped. We just need to keep an eye on the other retailers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Is it digital or disc that are dropping in curry's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Seriously?? In this climate that is utter bullsh*t. They need to cop on

Absolutely - it’s a disgrace! This should be brought to public attention. This is encouraging more people to leave their homes and risk getting ir giving Covid to other people - they need to close Currys for doing this until lockdown is over - if a pub did that it would be on the RTÉ news.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

I guess our best bet then will be Argos, Amazon and HN for the time being ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gabe_dublin

Is it digital or disc that are dropping in curry's?

In swords was the disc one

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hashtonic

Jesus Christ I am sick of checking every single day and feel like I miss out by mere minutes, I hate Sony

• Advertisement

hashtonic wrote: »
    Jesus Christ I am sick of checking every single day and feel like I miss out by mere minutes, I hate Sony

Hang in there lad, Amazon UK has to drop any time soon now that most of the retailers in the UK had stock, the more people get them, the more chances we will have when there's a new wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

I’m in jervis is they’re due in very shortly. Fort come first seeved

Are there many there waiting?
    Is there a queuing system?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭recyclops

m8051 wrote: »
    Hang in there lad, Amazon UK has to drop any time soon now that most of the retailers in the UK had stock, the more people get them, the more chances we will have when there's a new wave.

wont amazon be taxed to high heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

frash wrote: »
    Are there many there waiting?
    Is there a queuing system?

No queue as such which is a bit worrying. Few people hanging around. The sales guy has promised me one

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauldaly1888

recyclops wrote: »

It will indeed

No queue as such which is a bit worrying. Few people hanging around. The sales guy has promised me one

if you can get me a digital one, i will meet you and give you the money and a hug ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Yep, feeling exactly the same way, in the car in the poor weather to nearly be at Carrickmines and get the update they're gone 10 mins ago. Getting back out the car at home I'm seriously frustrated and borderline getting a Nintendo somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dustempire

m8051 wrote: »

can we then order Amazon UK or not? I thought they didn't deliver PS5s to Ireland. and if they do, what about import taxes etc? what's different than ordering from Game UK which was not recommended earlier today?

Will be great to see someone on here actually get one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭josip

recyclops wrote: »

There's always Amazon.de
    €12 Standard Delivery and the website can be viewed in English

eg. PS4 pricing
    https://www.amazon.de/-/en/dp/B07HHPX4N1/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=PS4&qid=1611055878&sr=8-3

• Advertisement

dustempire wrote: »
    can we then order Amazon UK or not? I thought they didn't deliver PS5s to Ireland. and if they do, what about import taxes etc? what's different than ordering from Game UK which was not recommended earlier today?

I no idea about import taxes, VAT etc ... but something to keep in mind indeed, however we can order from other Amazon Shops in the EU, Spain, Germany, France ... I guess the only drawback is the power cord plug but not a big deal

Danick wrote: »
    Absolutely - it’s a disgrace! This should be brought to public attention. This is encouraging more people to leave their homes and risk getting ir giving Covid to other people - they need to close Currys for doing this until lockdown is over - if a pub did that it would be on the RTÉ news.

Would be pretty funny if a pub opened but you have to wear a mask and maintain social distancing at all times when on the premises. You can buy your food and drink, you just can't consume it.

Curry's were a complete disaster with online orders, the only benefit of in-store only was that it makes it harder for scalpers.

Either way, you're best to wait for another retailer.

Ok so what are the rumours for any other sellers, Argos, Tesco, Harveys, Smyths...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

Ok so what are the rumours for any other sellers, Argos, Tesco, Harveys, Smyths...

Smyths added a home delivery button online yesterday so expecting stock to drop shortly

Sodmuffin wrote: »
    Smyths added a home delivery button online yesterday so expecting stock to drop shortly

I thought the same (I hope I am wrong) but then I noticed that the same option is for the whole site which means also available in the UK, what pisses me off is the fact that UK are getting them and we are not, I fully understand how big can be the UK Market for Sony but give us a break and drop some units in IE as well.

Sodmuffin wrote: »

Stock dropped for this on a Thursday at 10.30ish in December if my memory is right. Could be the same for this drop but again its only a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

vinny33 wrote: »
    Stock dropped for this on a Thursday at 10.30ish in December if my memory is right. Could be the same for this drop but again its only a guess.

yes exactly 10.30pm on thursday... i happened to be on the site at the time and got an order in.. it was touch and go though.. surely the demand is 90% less now with xmas over?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hashtonic

vinny33 wrote: »

There’s one close to my house, reckon best option is to be outside it near that time? In store option back on the website but I wasn’t sure if they were open?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭jj880

yes exactly 10.30pm on thursday... i happened to be on the site at the time and got an order in.. it was touch and go though.. surely the demand is 90% less now with xmas over?

Normally I would agree but with the lockdown demand is still high. Luckily I got one but a few friends are still looking for them for their kids with birthdays coming up so Im watching stock for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

There’s one close to my house, reckon best option is to be outside it near that time? In store option back on the website but I wasn’t sure if they were open?

Smyth's isn't open
    Even if it was they'd have closed by 10:30pm on a Thursday
    :confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement