Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MrGaryFox

Anyone tried other Curry's like Naas? Pain that they don't have phone numbers for each store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

m8051 wrote: »
    How reliable is GameStop nowadays?

Not a clue!
    I know they have "form" with the PS5
    But anytime i've ordered a game/something small off them it arrived next day.

Granted they have a backlog of their own to get through correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 05rblake

rahern wrote: »
    Anyone get to check Currys cork ?
    Yeah, went there around a half an hour ago. Don't think they got any stock today. Well that's what they said

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

05rblake wrote:
    Yeah, went there around a half an hour ago. Don't think they got any stock today. Well that's what they said

Thanks ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gabe_dublin

penev10 wrote: »
    Was there much of a queue? My missus offered to go and queue as im in work but I told her not to bother

No... was just this guy in front of me... and a girl behind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 hashtonic

coolisin wrote: »
    Not a clue!
    I know they have "form" with the PS5
    But anytime i've ordered a game/something small off them it arrived next day.

Granted they have a backlog of their own to get through correct?

Yeah everyone who pre ordered in September has to be dealt with first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

hashtonic wrote: »
    Yeah everyone who pre ordered in September has to be dealt with first

Say there would still be loads in that.

Curry's liffey valley sold out too. He said they got some in yesterday. Didn't know for sure when might restock. Maybe next week but honestly didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

The carnage bot on Twitter got 2000 ps5s from game this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Sodmuffin wrote: »
    The carnage bot on Twitter got 2000 ps5s from game this morning

don't believe them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Curry's collection only is a disaster for most the country. Only way to get to a Currys for me is by breaking guidelines by leaving the county.

Back to this grind for the foreseeable future..

lemonkey wrote: »
    Curry's collection only is a disaster for most the country. Only way to get to a Currys for me is by breaking guidelines by leaving the county.

Back to this grind for the foreseeable future..

Smyths and Harvey Norman by far your best bet. You usually get a warning before each of them drop as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CylonXIII

Currys Naas don't have any, have not had any since December and no word on when they might be back in

CylonXIII wrote: »
    Currys Naas don't have any, have not had any since December and no word on when they might be back in

Just saved me a trip. Was on the way there. Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Limerick said they didn't get any stock, despite the fact my cousin went and bought one when I text him this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TheOneWhoDraws

Curry's Jervis is sold out. There was about 25 people in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I just find it incredible that Amazon.co.uk - The biggest online retailer hasn't gotten any drops in a month or two!

CylonXIII wrote: »

Interesting!!
    Was going to pop in there no point now!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamrnjn

Did anyone manage to get a PS5 today ?

theliam wrote: »
    They’ve made a queue, Icant see how many people are behind me. Think it’s gonna be 1.30 when they’re ready to sell them

Did you manage to get one ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 dustempire

iamrnjn wrote: »

got one in Curry's Blanchardstown around 12:15. they had a drop of 30 I think and there were employee 'colleagues' already fetching some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

At least the chains are moving, everyone who gets one is one less person in the hunt for the next release.

Hopefully start coming somewhat regularly now.

dustempire wrote: »
    got one in Curry's Blanchardstown around 12:15. they had a drop of 30 I think and there were employee 'colleagues' already fetching some.

Congrats man. I don't think its worth going now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Congrats man. I don't think its worth going now

They were sold out in 20 mins. Had 40 in.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

Yeah I got one in Jervis. Saw all the chatter about currys this morning so decided to walk down, 15 mins or so for me. Got there at 11 and I think I was the first one there asking. The manager said they only got the email that morning saying they were coming in.

There were other people around asking then and they didn't really have a system in place. They just said they'd be ready at around 1. I didn't want to risk it so I waited around outside the shop. By 12, it seemed there had easily been 20 or more people in asking.

Approaching 1, it seemed like there were a load of people just standing around in the shop so I asked them if they were planning to start a queue which they did and ended up at the top of it.

I don't really understand why people are giving out about having to queue up. I know they're not exactly essential but consumer electronics shops are open for work needs etc. Sure you have to queue up outside tesco.

There were two people in the shop who got them ahead of me who must have known a member of staff or something but 2 isn't too bad.

The guy in the queue behind me was on the phone trying to money transferred to him to buy 3 to sell for 800 each - Saw him walk by after with just one thankfully.

They had the disc ones only. Now back to work and to decide what game to get....

If other currys shops outside Dublin didn't get them yesterday or today I'd say they are due some in later or tomorrow. Seems like every shop is getting some.
    It takes them then a few hours to process a delivery and get it in the system etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Yeah I got one in Jervis. Saw all the chatter about currys this morning so decided to walk down, 15 mins or so for me. Got there at 11 and I think I was the first one there asking. The manager said they only got the email that morning saying they were coming in.

There were other people around asking then and they didn't really have a system in place. They just said they'd be ready at around 1. I didn't want to risk it so I waited around outside the shop. By 12, it seemed there had easily been 20 or more people in asking.

Approaching 1, it seemed like there were a load of people just standing around in the shop so I asked them if they were planning to start a queue which they did and ended up at the top of it.

I don't really understand why people are giving out about having to queue up. I know they're not exactly essential but consumer electronics shops are open for work needs etc. Sure you have to queue up outside tesco.

There were two people in the shop who got them ahead of me who must have known a member of staff or something but 2 isn't too bad.

The guy in the queue behind me was on the phone trying to money transferred to him to buy 3 to sell for 800 each - Saw him walk by after with just one thankfully.

They had the disc ones only. Now back to work and to decide what game to get....

If other currys shops outside Dublin didn't get them yesterday or today I'd say they are due some in later or tomorrow. Seems like every shop is getting some.
    It takes them then a few hours to process a delivery and get it in the system etc.

chuffed for you mate!! enjoy you lucky f&*%er :D

Congratulation man. Fair play

You think Jervis would have stock on Thursday or Friday ? I am off those days and want to give it a shot

@theliam fair play! Delighted for you, but more importantly delighted for the lad who could only get one and not make extra money on the side!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Limerick said they didn't get any stock, despite the fact my cousin went and bought one when I text him this morning.

He bought one in Limerick? Heard nothing about Limerick stock.

Swords, Carrickmines, Galway, Jarvis.. but nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

lemonkey wrote: »
    He bought one in Limerick? Heard nothing about Limerick stock.

Swords, Carrickmines, Galway, Jarvis.. but nothing else.

Yep, at about 1130. I went over at about 1 and they lied and said they never had any stock today.

Advertisement