Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FranJohn

lemonkey wrote: »
    He bought one in Limerick? Heard nothing about Limerick stock.

Swords, Carrickmines, Galway, Jarvis.. but nothing else.

I went to the shop an hour ago hoped for luck. The guys said he had a couple consoles came in this morning but were used to fulfill the old preorders. Don't know if it was true. But he said there might be more stock coming in several weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

FranJohn wrote: »
    I went to the shop an hour ago hoped for luck. The guys said he had a couple consoles came in this morning but were used to fulfill the old preorders. Don't know if it was true. But he said there might be more stock coming in several weeks.

My cousin had no pre order

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hashtonic

Anyone hear anything about Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FranJohn

My cousin had no pre order

:)Three answers in the same shop within 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

hashtonic wrote: »

Heard they had 5 and sold out straight away after opening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamrnjn

Do you guys know if game.uk deliver to Ireland ? If yes, they have a queue open right now for PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

iamrnjn wrote: »
    Do you guys know if game.uk deliver to Ireland ? If yes, they have a queue open right now for PS5

Not worth it with Brexit the charges would be crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

coolisin wrote: »

Queue is over an hour too. I doubt there'll be any left.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

Went at 10:30 and they were sold out, guy working said they got 20 in and were gone straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Sodmuffin wrote: »
    Went at 10:30 and they were sold out, guy working said they got 20 in and were gone straight away

As you looked around the store to count 20 members of staff! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

As you looked around the store to count 20 members of staff! :D:D

Or worse... 10! :pac:

At this point I’d pay it

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scoby78

You got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

No game don't deliver you may be able to use a forwarding service but I wouldn't risk it given how volatile things are with Brexit nonsense right now, I asked in GAME in Newry 5 weeks ago about ordering items to be delivered to Dublin they said no.

Just checked with Curry's Jervis store and they confirmed they won't have any in store consoles available for a while now :(

Just checked with Curry's Jervis store and they confirmed they won't have any in store consoles available for a while now :(

No idea where this leaves us, I’ll be checking smyths @ 10:30 tonight anyway

No idea where this leaves us, I’ll be checking smyths @ 10:30 tonight anyway

Are their any rumours of stock being available at 10:30 PM tonight ? I read somewhere that Smyths Ireland will have stocks after 25th

Are their any rumours of stock being available at 10:30 PM tonight ? I read somewhere that Smyths Ireland will have stocks after 25th

No rumours, only what I’ve read in this thread previously, stock dropped at 10:30 on Thursday last December, with the influx of stock today id say it’s no harm to check

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

Heard smyths uk for 9 tonight not Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Goggleyed_gimp

Is there any reason not to buy from the US apart from shipping costs?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Is there any reason not to buy from the US apart from shipping costs?

Customs duties.

The logistical and customer service nightmare you’ll face if something goes wrong with the machine.

It’s genuinely not worth it.

I've never had to pay customs duties buying from the US before.

I'm not worried about logistics, the company I use to ship from US are reliable and offer excellent customer service.

However, I am worried Sony won't support me if something goes wrong because it was bought in US

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've never had to pay customs duties buying from the US before.

I'm not worried about logistics, the company I use to ship from US are reliable and offer excellent customer service.

However, I am worried Sony won't support me if something goes wrong because it was bought in US

You should be worried about the warranty as it isn't international so I doubt they'd carry out a repair if they find out you're not a US citizen. Sony Europe won't stand over it either.
    Being a launch model makes it more risky that some part may have a highish failure rate down the line plus there are stories of joypads having to be returned.

Could be fine, but with the real risk of taxes and the small risk of failure coupled with no warranty I would wait to get one from the EU.

Yeah you's are probably right actually. Is there still a discord server going for stock updates in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Sodmuffin wrote: »
    The carnage bot on Twitter got 2000 ps5s from game this morning

I hope they bill them...(a million quid) hold the cash for a few weeks then return it. Its a criminal enterprise so hopefully causes some issues if you know what i mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Something just changed on the Smyth's Ireland page anyway. Still not available, but they changed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauldaly1888

Something just changed on the Smyth's Ireland page anyway. Still not available, but they changed something.

What has changed ?

Nothing has visibly changed but the code of the site has changed so they are doing something...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauldaly1888

Nothing has visibly changed but the code of the site has changed so they are doing something...

Is this usually a sign?digital or disk.also Is this Irish or uk site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

I was getting time out messages around 9pm when I was refreshing the Smyths website.

Advertisement