Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭recyclops

Why are people willing to pay such excessive tax on a product with barely 3 games. I'm goin to pick one up (like others I gave mine away before Xmas) but that seems crazy.

As said above its a ****show of a launch, no games, no consoles, no news. Its similar to xbox there is very little coming out there either (though 120fps warzone is sweet)

Both companies should have waited imo

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

Seen a screenshot of the curry’s uk queue on Twitter that had the person number 5000 in the queue but the expected wait time was 1 minute which is a joke considering the whole of curry’s Ireland barely got 100 PS5s yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 14 05rblake

Anyone heard if the Currys outside Dublin that didn't get stock yesterday are getting it today or at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

I'm baffled as to why its only Currys that had any stock, there are half a dozen different retail places that could of had some, why did they not get any?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I'm baffled as to why its only Currys that had any stock, there are half a dozen different retail places that could of had some, why did they not get any?

Probably their Christmas stock that didn’t arrive in time for Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 scoby78

I'm guessing that the day they were supposed to go on sale before Xmas their site crashed and they tweeted that they wouldn't be able to sell them so maybe that's why they're the only ones who have them. I found it strange at the time as they never seemed to sell them after that day online due to the crash. I wonder were stock sent back to the UK in the meantime!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

Currys message now
    Message last updated: 08:46
    We have now SOLD OUT of the PS5. Please keep an eye on our website for new console updates.

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hashtonic

I'm in the 9000. The queue keeps alternating between 3 minutes and 40 minutes and my queue place has not moved in 30 minutes. It really is a joke.

I was top of the queue for 30 mins and it kept saying it’s your turn you will be redirected to the site, nothing changed then it said sold out, that was comically bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Currys have been selling them in small amounts in store since before Christmas. They haven’t bothered to sell them online here. Other online retailers have had stock recently, there should be some available here soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I Bleeding have 600 on my Amazon UK account waiting for this drop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Currys UK is sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Currys.ie fulfill their orders from the UK which has being a little bit of sh1tshow for laptops etc.
    Customs and delivery extra charges even though purchased in good faith on an irish website.
    So be grateful they are not showing up online!

Anyway what im hearing is head down to currys with coffees and doughnuts for the staff and play nice.

Hopefully we get some stock soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauldaly1888

Managed to add the ps plus subscription bundle to basket but then it said it automatically emptied because there's been no activity for 60 minutes?! Now it's thrown me back in a paused queue and says it's my turn. TRASH website.

You’ll be paying over €200 in import fees if you buy from uk

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamrnjn

The import fee would be well around 100ish. I tried checking the import fee for PS4 on Amazon and it was 44 pounds, so I am expecting PS5 to be around the 100 mark. On the flip side, the good news is that Amazon is soon going to start amazon.ie but might not be on time for PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

Not sure what you mean...

If your buying off a UK website post Brexit your liable for import fees customs taxes etc etc. Its like as if you were ordering from the states for example

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

shinzon wrote: »
    If your buying off a UK website post Brexit your liable for import fees customs taxes etc etc. Its like as if you were ordering from the states for example

Shin

Also there are huge delays with logistics. I bought something (NOT a PS5) from Littlewoods on 2nd January and here is the tracking.

5 January, 2021 08:50:00 Sorted at Shaw Warehouse
    4 January, 2021 15:15:57 Despatched by Our Supplier
    4 January, 2021 09:59:47 Parcel being packed
    4 January, 2021 09:34:47 Order being processed at supplier
    2 January, 2021 12:15:06 Order received by our supplier

Hold tight. If you buy from the UK and it takes ages you could be raging as the Irish stores might drop stock before you take delivery.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Am I missing something here? I admittedly haven't read up on how Brexit is affecting UK shopping as I've been avoiding the news since November (it just annoys me).

You’re absolutely fine if you’re in England and ordering from a UK retailer.

There was just an assumption being made that you’d be ordering from Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Am I missing something here? I admittedly haven't read up on how Brexit is affecting UK shopping as I've been avoiding the news since November (it just annoys me).

You're on an Irish forum where the vast majority of people are living in Ireland. I would guess they thought you were also based in Ireland and that's why they mentioned Import duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

You're on an Irish forum discussing PS5 stock and how to order, people just naturally assumed you were here.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

Where are people getting these numbers for import fees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Oh right, I see. :D I think my blood pressure is back to normal now, phew lol

Now you're just gonna have to order for all of us to your gaff and then ship them on incognito to avoid customs charges, etc. :P

Advertisement