Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

I'd say you have a much better chance of getting a PS5 here than the UK. More scalpers, more bots, and more people trying to get them over there.

I managed to get multiple PS5's for family and friends by putting in a little effort, and I'd say most people that still don't have one have either not put in much effort, started trying to get one late on, or are just very unlucky.

Harvey Norman gave advanced notice of their last shipment, and their system worked very well. Smyths also usually give you a heads-up and as long as you just take your time refreshing when they become available, you should be fine getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

amazon pay irish vat so no issue with buying from them

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Goggleyed_gimp

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'd say you have a much better chance of getting a PS5 here than the UK. More scalpers, more bots, and more people trying to get them over there.

I managed to get multiple PS5's for family and friends by putting in a little effort, and I'd say most people that still don't have one have either not put in much effort, started trying to get one late on, or are just very unlucky.

Harvey Norman gave advanced notice of their last shipment, and their system worked very well. Smyths also usually give you a heads-up and as long as you just take your time refreshing when they become available, you should be fine getting one.

How do you get the heads up from smyths? I signed up with them but havent received any emails

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

How do you get the heads up from smyths? I signed up with them but havent received any emails

If you have an account with them they will email you an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

I'm not sure how I did it. Think there was an email sign up. For the last stock drop I got the email at 3:30am and they had gone live at 10:30pm and sold out in about 10 or 15 minutes so wasn't all that useful

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

sinnerboy0 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how I did it. Think there was an email sign up. For the last stock drop I got the email at 3:30am and they had gone live at 10:30pm and sold out in about 10 or 15 minutes so wasn't all that useful

They announced it on their twitter account prior to the 10:30 drop on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭recyclops

sweetie wrote: »
    amazon pay irish vat so now issue wuth buying from them

They add it to the cost of the item if its over €22 so you wouldnt be paying 399 digit or 499 Disc

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Kimbot wrote: »
    They announced it on their twitter account prior to the 10:30 drop on the night.

Probably won't do this for this drop based on all the scalpers, what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

vinny33 wrote: »
    Probably won't do this for this drop based on all the scalpers, what do you think?

Surely announcements and rumours matter very little to a good scalper?

You set the programme up to watch all the major retail sites anyway, constantly refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

They take away the UK Vat and add on the import duties - there is little difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭ozmo

klose wrote: »
    Can anyone explain briefly how a scalper bot works I'm a bit confused, does the company selling not see multiple orders form one card within seconds of eachother?

Yes its odd they they cannot limit by payment details - but maybe the shops are not allowed access to the card numbers? Payment details are often done by a third party.

I did read that the scalper bots use multiple gmail address's - all ultimately forwarding to one account - but in tiers - as gmail have a limits in place to try block just this.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

The annoucements by Smyths prior were for pre orders. I would imagine some time soon that they will just have to have PS5 stock as regular stock like they do with the Series X and its just a matter of keeping an eye on their website rather than being notified when these go live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

ozmo wrote: »
    Yes its odd they they cannot limit by payment details - but maybe the shops are not allowed access to the card numbers? Payment details are often done by a third party.

I did read that the scalper bots use multiple gmail address's - all ultimately forwarding to one account - but in tiers - as gmail have a limits in place to try block just this.

Very easy to set up disposable card numbers with something like revolut, I'm sure there's a system to automate that on scale for botters. The more effective measure would be to blacklist addresses as PO Boxes are more of a ballache to set up en masse

Kimbot wrote: »

They didn't tweet before their last batch of PS5's on December 3rd. They didn't tweet at all that day. They also sent out emails to people in the middle in the night after they had already sold out. There was word spreading that they would be available on the night, though. I just had a look at their Facebook page, and there wasn't anything on there, either. I can't actually find where the info originally came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dustempire

scoby78 wrote: »
    I'm guessing that the day they were supposed to go on sale before Xmas their site crashed and they tweeted that they wouldn't be able to sell them so maybe that's why they're the only ones who have them. I found it strange at the time as they never seemed to sell them after that day online due to the crash. I wonder were stock sent back to the UK in the meantime!

I don't think this was the issue. When I got mine in Blanchardstown yesterday, I was told first to wait as the pallet hadn't arrived yet (they received 30 around noon). So they didn't have them until then and they were sold in minutes after they got there (many to worker 'colleagues', of course).

Basil3 wrote: »
    They didn't tweet before their last batch of PS5's on December 3rd. They didn't tweet at all that day. They also sent out emails to people in the middle in the night after they had already sold out. There was word spreading that they would be available on the night, though. I just had a look at their Facebook page, and there wasn't anything on there, either. I can't actually find where the info originally came from.

I think the rumor of the drop on the 3rd came from here in the old post thread, it definitely wasn't twitter/Facebook. I think HN did announce it though on social media and people were only able to secure them through their mobile rather than desktop devices!!!

I think the rumor of the drop on the 3rd came from here in the old post thread, it definitely wasn't twitter/Facebook. I think HN did announce it though on social media and people were only able to secure them through their mobile rather than desktop devices!!!

I missed Harvey Norman because they had a link to the page where you registered for a PS5 purchase on their home page, and I was frantically refreshing the Playstation page on their site.

At least we know that Smyths usually drops around 10:30pm, and Harvey Norman is usually around 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

According to a twitch stream, there's stock in naas currys. Not sure how reliable

According to a twitch stream, there's stock in naas currys. Not sure how reliable

40min drive for me, wouldn't be worth the risk, i'm holding out for HN or Smyths at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CylonXIII

Currys naas have them, just got one now, disk versions only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

many left, many in the queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Ah sh1t I'm tied up for a little while in work. Only a couple mins away feck it anyway

CylonXIII wrote: »
    Currys naas have them, just got one now, disk versions only

wreckon id get one if i leave right now? half hour drive???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I have a mate checking Naas now. Will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭facehugger99

lemonkey wrote: »
    Surely announcements and rumours matter very little to a good scalper?

You set the programme up to watch all the major retail sites anyway, constantly refreshing.

I would imagine scalpers will become less and less of an issue. As supply starts to catch up with demand, the price of a re-sale unit will tumble very quickly below that of a new unit.

It's a bit of a risk if you're a scalper in mid-Jan- you are betting that there is still enough demand and lack of supply to inflate the price above what you've had to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I could understand the demand to buy off scalpers before Christmas when people needed these for their kids' presents. Why the fúck would anyone pay over the odds for these now though, there is practically nothing to play on them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

I would imagine scalpers will become less and less of an issue. As supply starts to catch up with demand, the price of a re-sale unit will tumble very quickly below that of a new unit.

It's a bit of a risk if you're a scalper in mid-Jan- you are betting that there is still enough demand and lack of supply to inflate the price above what you've had to pay.

Well i hope the scalpers all get stuck with them :P
    To see them having to sell them for cost would just be a lovely piece of karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

penev10 wrote: »

I am looking for one in Naas as well, but won’t be able to go until tomorrow morning, too late i am afraid, keep us updated tho

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Gaffer8

Anybody any update for Blanch/Jervis today or are they sold out as well ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

penev10 wrote: »

Mate checked at 2pm and they said they'd just sold out that hour :(

Advertisement