Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Schools closed, pubs and restaurants closed, everyone working from home where possible, 200+ people in ICU and still getting about 2000 cases of Covid a day.

Yet Currys still people queue for a game console that they could sell online ....

I'd much rather this way than online. At least most people have a realistic chance this way

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cork321

popsy09 wrote: »
    At cork now 7 in queue no tickets or anything don't even know if they have stock

Any luck in getting one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

None in Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Cork321 wrote: »
    Any luck in getting one?

No stock at all, also asked staff if they knew aboutnre stock date and they said no idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Pipmae

When do you guys think a man will be able to walk into game stop and just buy one without any pre booking or waiting list?

March?

I reckon a woman would get one first. :pac:

• Advertisement

Pipmae wrote: »
    I reckon a woman would get one first. :pac:

I tried that with my wife the other day, they didn't give her one the bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Curry's in Waterford didn't get any today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

None in Navan. They said they are expecting a delivery today but they had a full order list.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Curry's in Waterford didn't get any today.

Strange as a neighbour told me he was heading there this morning to pick 2 or 3 up and that he has a pal who’s over gaming deliveries...so either he’s bull****ting or staff sorted out their mates and left them aside for them!

Or....they simply didn’t come on schedule and he’s actually not gone to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

This thread is heartbreaking. I'm going to just take a back seat for a month and come back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd much rather this way than online. At least most people have a realistic chance this way

It's not about people having a chance to get a PS5, it's about a retailer encouraging people to leave home to buy a game console when we're explicitly being told not to leave the house unless absolutely necessary during a really dangerous phase of a global pandemic.

The obvious flaws of the online approach in no way outweigh the need to get a very bad phase of a virus under control by stopping people moving around.

Sorry for being somewhat off-topic, but I'm simply frustrated to see a retailer doing this in the current circumstances and taking advantage of the leeway they've been given to stay open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I needed a HDMI cable last week so reserved one from Currys Carrickmines. When I got there I just walked into the store, found it on the shelf and picked it up and bought it as normal. Never mentioned my click and collect reservation. You can walk in and buy most things like it is was open normally, they're kind of taking the piss already even before selling PS5s in store only.

Lads the actual audacity of Currys, when everyone knows there’s people rocking into stores left right and centre all week!

It's not about people having a chance to get a PS5, it's about a retailer encouraging people to leave home to buy a game console when we're explicitly being told not to leave the house unless absolutely necessary during a really dangerous phase of a global pandemic.

The obvious flaws of the online approach in no way outweigh the need to get a very bad phase of a virus under control by stopping people moving around.

Sorry for being somewhat off-topic, but I'm simply frustrated to see a retailer doing this in the current circumstances and taking advantage of the leeway they've been given to stay open.

Yes this is my point! Also I can’t go into a shop to buy my 2 year old a coat if she’s grown out of it ...yet I can walk into Currys and (okay maybe not cos they’re like gold dust) buy a PS5?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamrnjn

Jervis Currys have no stock & they told me its probably going to come in next month. Had a chat with Argos manager and he said wait till March 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

I reckon the ‘wait til March’ comment is more to stop people coming in every other day asking about stock.

Regarding Curry's, the other option is for them to just not sell them, and wait until they're allowed to open properly. I just can't see them selling online after the disaster of last time.

People are not being 'encouraged' to go to their stores and buy them, because they're not advertising that they have them, and their CS staff are saying that they're only being sold online.

People are best to just stay calm and wait for Smyths or Harvey Norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Just home form my trip to Carlow (lovely county), so unfortunately no joy for me, a waste of a journey but i really appreciate everyones help on this.

i spoke with the manager, same stuff we're hearing on this. doesn't know if they are getting anymore, he said most stores don't have a clue about stock coming in until the delivery hits there shop. It was true they had 15 units(Disc version) and they did dish out tickets which i thought was a good way of doing it.

as i sat in the car writing my last post, there must've been at least 10 people rock up but told no stock. They did however allow the people with tickets into the shop to pick up their PS5's before 10am.

i saw at least 4 people walk out with PS5's which kinda brought a tear to my eye but fair play to them, just another 15 people who hopefully don't need another PS5

BTW - having the ticket system allowed for people to come back at a later time today to pick up ie - if they had to go back to work which i think is a great idea. but the manager did say that if they don't pick up before close of business today, they lose there allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

Basil3 wrote: »
    Regarding Curry's, the other option is for them to just not sell them, and wait until they're allowed to open properly. I just can't see them selling online after the disaster of last time.

People are not being 'encouraged' to go to their stores and buy them, because they're not advertising that they have them, and their CS staff are saying that they're only being sold online.

People are best to just stay calm and wait for Smyths or Harvey Norman.

I agree with Basil3, stay put and keep looking online, we will all get one

Strange as a neighbour told me he was heading there this morning to pick 2 or 3 up and that he has a pal who’s over gaming deliveries...so either he’s bull****ting or staff sorted out their mates and left them aside for them!

Or....they simply didn’t come on schedule and he’s actually not gone to get them

Strange, can you keep me posted on this? The person I spoke to said that the only PS5s they ever got were at most eleven, and that was last year on release.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Basil3 wrote: »

Absolutely they're not advertising the fact publicly, but the word is very much out there, the sales are happening and we're seeing queues / ticket systems in place at the stores (better than chaotic scenes, granted). The prospect of a PS5 simply isn't a good enough reason for people to leave home at the moment - indeed, Sony themselves were very explicit at launch that people wouldn't be able to just wander into a store and buy them for that very reason.

Anyway, as messy as online sales are, I'm just a firm believer that's the only way PS5s should be sold at the moment - there are very good reasons why even click n collect isn't allowed for now. We're in a ****show of a pandemic, and we're locked down for good reason.

Absolutely they're not advertising the fact publicly, but the word is very much out there, the sales are happening and we're seeing queues / ticket systems in place at the stores (better than chaotic scenes, granted). PS5s simply aren't a good enough reason for people to leave home at the moment - indeed, Sony themselves were very explicit at launch that people wouldn't be able to just wander into a store and buy them for that very reason.

Anyway, as messy as online sales are, I'm a firm believer that's the only way PS5s should be sold at the moment - there are very good reasons why even click n collect isn't allowed for now.

I see your point, but if you've been following the whole scalper-bot debacle, you would see that there's even less of a chance of people getting one if they were only sold online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

If companies officially announce that products are not sold in store but only online, but then go ahead and sell them at store...how is that not illegal in every last way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The_Brood wrote: »
    If companies officially announce that products are not sold in store but only online, but then go ahead and sell them at store...how is that not illegal in every last way?

What law are they breaking?

Here’s a lad who’s been queuing outside Currys since 7am

It seems to me that most companies simply still can't do e-commerce properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

I mean, officially lying to customer's faces and disadvantaging the vast majority of customers who right now can't come to their stores because of government restrictions?

It's utterly wonderful if that's legal.

Folks, common sense will tell you. Go through the list of currys stores in the countries, find the ones who haven't released stock yet and get to one tomorrow morning.

Folks, common sense will tell you. Go through the list of currys stores in the countries, find the ones who haven't released stock yet and get to one tomorrow morning.

What makes you think any of the stores will have stock tomorrow?!

• Advertisement

What makes you think any of the stores will have stock tomorrow?!

They've released in stores for the last 3 days, no shop has had 2 drops. If I was near one, bar Limerick, I would be chancing it tomorrow morning.

Advertisement