Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Absolutely they're not advertising the fact publicly, but the word is very much out there, the sales are happening and we're seeing queues / ticket systems in place at the stores (better than chaotic scenes, granted). PS5s simply aren't a good enough reason for people to leave home at the moment - indeed, Sony themselves were very explicit at launch that people wouldn't be able to just wander into a store and buy them for that very reason.

Anyway, as messy as online sales are, I'm a firm believer that's the only way PS5s should be sold at the moment - there are very good reasons why even click n collect isn't allowed for now.

I see your point, but if you've been following the whole scalper-bot debacle, you would see that there's even less of a chance of people getting one if they were only sold online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

If companies officially announce that products are not sold in store but only online, but then go ahead and sell them at store...how is that not illegal in every last way?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The_Brood wrote: »
    If companies officially announce that products are not sold in store but only online, but then go ahead and sell them at store...how is that not illegal in every last way?

What law are they breaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Here’s a lad who’s been queuing outside Currys since 7am

It seems to me that most companies simply still can't do e-commerce properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

I mean, officially lying to customer's faces and disadvantaging the vast majority of customers who right now can't come to their stores because of government restrictions?

It's utterly wonderful if that's legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Folks, common sense will tell you. Go through the list of currys stores in the countries, find the ones who haven't released stock yet and get to one tomorrow morning.

Folks, common sense will tell you. Go through the list of currys stores in the countries, find the ones who haven't released stock yet and get to one tomorrow morning.

What makes you think any of the stores will have stock tomorrow?!

What makes you think any of the stores will have stock tomorrow?!

They've released in stores for the last 3 days, no shop has had 2 drops. If I was near one, bar Limerick, I would be chancing it tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭strife

Currys in the Jervis didn't have any and the guy this morning said some of their pre orders still haven't been filled and it could be march before they will have them for general sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Currys on Facebook again either showing they don’t have a clue or are straight up telling lies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

strife wrote: »
    Currys in the Jervis didn't have any and the guy this morning said some of their pre orders still haven't been filled and it could be march before they will have them for general sale.

The pre-order should be the first thing fulfilled.
    That's crazy.
    As a previous poster said a pre-order should be golden, they shouldn't be waiting at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dan577

I was there yesterday and they said the same thing to me. They said they'd call when they come in but I doubt that will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dan577

None in Navan. They said they are expecting a delivery today but they had a full order list.

I was there yesterday and they said the same to me. They said they'd call but I don't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vaccinehope21

As I stated yesterday I asked one memeber in naas had they any he said no. Strolled around asked someone else they said yes they are out the back and I got one . Don’t take first answer. Plus they were willing to give me two only they had only one left. Someone here was there 15 mins before me and were told none and left

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭recyclops

Currys on Facebook again either showing they don’t have a clue or are straight up telling lies

They wont publicly say they broke the guidelines until they are forced too, ie someone who bought one posts it on there twitter or facebook and calls their bluff.

chances are that person broke the guidelines to collect a games console in the middle of a pandemic and to them they are happy currys broke the guidelines so their is no point in them doing it either.

Either way they wont be the last company to break the guidelines so I wouldnt lose sleep over it

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

I don't know why people keep hassling social media teams on Facebook etc. All they ever have is the official company line, and they're never going to have any kind of inside information for you.

Just leave the poor people alone.

m8051 wrote: »

Wouldn't you need a UK address and possibly face import duties if the console was arriving from the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamrnjn

This is a **** show. I think our best option is to wait for Smyths or HN's online drop

• Advertisement

iamrnjn wrote: »
    This is a **** show. I think our best option is to wait for Smyths or HN's online drop

I dunno man, these companies have all shown that they suck when it comes to e-commerce.

iamrnjn wrote: »

And they'll all be taken by bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamrnjn

And they'll all be taken by bots.

Don't think the famous bots like Carnage are getting PS5 from Irish stores

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭B8ZZ

They've released in stores for the last 3 days, no shop has had 2 drops. If I was near one, bar Limerick, I would be chancing it tomorrow morning.

How come for Limerick?

Also does anyone know what the story is with GameStop at all? I’ve a €200 gift card for them that I’d prefer to throw against the PS5

B8ZZ wrote: »
    How come for Limerick?

Also does anyone know what the story is with GameStop at all? I’ve a €200 gift card for them that I’d prefer to throw against the PS5

GameStop are ****in' useless. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

How come for Limerick?

Im unfortunately in the same boat. Back in September I traded in my ps4 pro to them for a 270 giftcard. Im not optimistic for anything anytime soon.

How come for Limerick?

Limerick is the only one close to me and they had stock already so I doubt they'll get more this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

Limerick is the only one close to me and they had stock already so I doubt they'll get more this week.

I’ve a pre order since September and still can’t get one

BWSGibbs wrote: »
    I’ve a pre order since September and still can’t get one

Jesus, who did you pre-order with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

Jesus, who did you pre-order with?

Has anyone heard anything from GameStop? I preordered back in sept with them! Hopefully we get them end of this month

Advertisement