Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

I was kidding

Was kind of funny haha

Oh no wait.... I was thinking of something else that was actually funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Was kind of funny haha

Oh no wait.... I was thinking of something else that was actually funny

Untwist thy pants my friend, I was joking about what the guy I quoted said.

> Rumour that smyths will have disc versions in Jan
    > Someone points out that Jan ends next week
    > THAT MUST MEAN THEY'RE ARRIVING NEXT WEEK!!!11

Wasn't just lying about them arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I must refresh Amazon 100 times a day now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Are Smyths getting a drop this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MrGaryFox

Are Smyths getting a drop this week?

No one knows for sure. Still on site that available January so that would indicate dropping at some stage in next 6-7 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 jerryor

Seen other countries (Spain) getting stock for delivery next week, hopefully we have some news here too... I am on Gamestop queue since September we should be lucky soon

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

jerryor wrote: »
    Seen other countries (Spain) getting stock for delivery next week, hopefully we have some news here too... I am on Gamestop queue since September we should be lucky soon

Let me know if you get a update.
    I’m on the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Fly_away

The amount of time some of you have spent - and the stress undergone - in order to get one at cost price is definitely not worth it.

All things considered, it would've been much cheaper to pay an extra couple of hundred quid for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Fly_away wrote: »
    The amount of time some of you have spent - and the stress undergone - in order to get one at cost price is definitely not worth it.

All things considered, it would've been much cheaper to pay an extra couple of hundred quid for one.

It’s literally checking websites to see if a console is in stock lad (which they are more than entitled to do) calm down. It’s not as if everyone who’s trying hard to find a PS5 is going end up with long lasting problems just cos they can’t one or because they keep looking for one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Schorpio

I'd rather be 6 feet under, with hell freezing all around me before I'd ever give a scalper even a solitary €1 profit.

No way am I ever vindicating their scummy business model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

I understand your point but I fully disagree with you, it’s morality and ethics what this is about ..., sorry for the off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

I've checked almost daily for updates. I'm far from stressed. Doesn't cost me anything extra to check. I'll happily wait until I can buy it from a shop. I have the money put aside for the console. But for some they probably just about can afford the shop price never mind throwing another few hundred quid at it

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Mad that we're 2 months since the launch date and there is little to no stock appearing in the space of that 2 months in Ireland. Absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It isn't a joke.

It's a mix of production issues, brexit, covid and lockdowns all over the world.

Nobody cares if you don't get your console next week. And you very likely won't.

Argos can't sell anyway even if they get it, so the selection of resellers is not great.

There still could be preorders to be fulfilled before you get one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,121 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

wonski wrote: »
    It isn't a joke.

It's a mix of production issues, brexit, covid and lockdowns all over the world.

Nobody cares if you don't get your console next week. And you very likely won't.

Argos can't sell anyway even if they get it, so the selection of resellers is not great.

There still could be preorders to be fulfilled before you get one as well.

Why would brexit be an issue? It's a US company with manufacturing in china.

Because we have now limited access to stock from the UK now, and even if we do it might cost more and you will wait for ages to get it.

Not to mention they come through UK anyway so brexit does affect all deliveries into Ireland.

Just noticed it is no chat thread, oops.

Anyway it isn't here, it isn't in the UK, we are under lockdown and it won't be sold in stores for at least 2 weeks even if stock shows up, unless the store delivers (Argos won't).

So in short ranting about it being unavailable makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamrnjn

Lads any idea if this is legit ?

https://www.techinn.com/en/sony-ps5/137769821/p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Rule of thumb: If you have to ask whether it’s legit, it’s 99% likely to not be legit.

iamrnjn wrote: »

It's a preorder. Expected end of March ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Guys/Girls easy for me to say this cause I got one this week but keep the faith and put in the hard work.

Keep trying your local stores that are open and befriend the manager ha. No harm in asking if you can leave your number behind in the event someone doesn't pick up, that's how I got one.

It's a **** show at the moment but I genuinely believe good news will come soon. Its only a matter of time before the stock that is probably sitting in the ports will be released and it'll probably all arrive at the same time so keep checking this forum and I'm sure you'll get one. There's some decent folk on this chat that will help you.

• Advertisement

iamrnjn wrote: »

2 stars on Trustpilot. I'm not saying it's a scam site, just that they seem to be selling phantom stock that they have no idea whether they'll be able to supply. Seems like they have a bad reputation for taking ages to refund too. I'd avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

vinny33 wrote: »
    Guys/Girls easy for me to say this cause I got one this week but keep the faith and put in the hard work.

Keep trying your local stores that are open and befriend the manager ha. No harm in asking if you can leave your number behind in the event someone doesn't pick up, that's how I got one.

It's a **** show at the moment but I genuinely believe good news will come soon. Its only a matter of time before the stock that is probably sitting in the ports will be released and it'll probably all arrive at the same time so keep checking this forum and I'm sure you'll get one. There's some decent folk on this chat that will help you.

No chat please Vinny. Stock updates only folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

FourFourFM wrote: »

Why are you picking on Vinny's post for your backseat modding? There's been plenty of other chat on this thread.

This post contained no stock updates so I will be reporting it.

In other news, HN haven't had anything since before Xmas right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

This post contained no stock updates so I will be reporting it.

In other news, HN haven't had anything since before Xmas right?

That’s fair enough. Wasn’t moderating or attempting to, just a reminder to keep the posts related to stock where possible as I’m trying to pick up a third PS5 ASAP.

Yeah nothing from HN since the digital version I picked up from them in the middle of December. And in terms of Smyths, I haven’t seen anything since the disc version I got the week before that.

I wish you luck in your search.

That’s fair enough. Wasn’t moderating or attempting to, just a reminder to keep the posts related to stock where possible as I’m trying to pick up a third PS5 ASAP.

Yeah nothing from HN since the digital version I picked up from them in the middle of December. And in terms of Smyths, I haven’t seen anything since the disc version I got the week before that.

Hard not to chat if there is no stock anywhere anyway tbh ;)

There is only one way to keep this thread alive. By chat until the stock comes in.

Otherwise it is gonna be silence for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

I hear FourFourFM is getting new stock soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Sorry about that, just read a few comments on people getting down about the lack of activity with release dates and wanted them to stay positive and keep the faith.

I see your point apologises.

A third!? Most of us are just looking for a first one!

• Advertisement

A third!? Most of us are just looking for a first one!

How dare you chat, some of us need an info on where to get console number 6 ;)

Advertisement