Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ImJasonD

I got a call from Tesco to say that my original order that was cancelled will be ready to be picked up on the 10th. Honestly super impressed with this seeing as how they already gave me a €30 gift card.

I suppose they’ll be using their stock to honor those who were cancelled from the first batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

baalad wrote: »
    Just collected mine in Argos. Feel very fortunate / lucky to be honest because. The guy that handed it to me looked shocked that Argos even had them. It made me feel as though i was either the first to collect or maybe i got the only one. When he handed it to me he said "This is the Holy Grail, your so lucky man"

I was parked 10 seconds away so never bothered asking for a bag to conceal it. 2 seconds after i got out the door a group of teenagers are shouting "ps5, ps5" and i started fearing i was going to be beaten up and mugged by a load of kids haha

Luckily i survived and made it home lol

I do believe more will be available before xmas. I think theres alot of them for sale privately and with the demand decreasing as more people get one, the scalpers will be forced to let them go cheaper. They are gonna want to get there money back before xmas otherwise they may have trouble selling them for profit after xmas. You still might pay over the odds but shouldn't be ridiculous figures like currently. Just my own opinion.

Hope everyone gets sorted with one asap!

Which Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭benny79

zep wrote: »
    Did you not get one in Argos? You posted that you had spoken with Argos.

No mate still searching had 1 with Tesco but got cancelled. Tried currys this morning..

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

zep wrote: »
    Which Argos?

Waterford.

I have to say. It was hard not to run over the road to CEX and instantly make 200 quid as they are offering 700 cash for these. Its madness but i would of had a guilty conscience had i of done that. Would of been the handiest 200 euro i ever made though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Just in relation to the debacle that was everyone going to Currys this morning ....

A member of staff in Waterford told me that you wouldn’t get them in store unless they were on their website, which they’re not at the moment.

Now obviously what different staff say can be taken with a pinch of salt, but that makes sense to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Waterford.

I have to say. It was hard not to run over the road to CEX and instantly make 200 quid as they are offering 700 cash for these. Its madness but i would of had a guilty conscience had i of done that. Would of been the handiest 200 euro i ever made though lol

Thats crazy! How much do them charlatans then sell it on for?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Just collected mine in Argos. Feel very fortunate / lucky to be honest because. The guy that handed it to me looked shocked that Argos even had them. It made me feel as though i was either the first to collect or maybe i got the only one. When he handed it to me he said "This is the Holy Grail, your so lucky man"

I was parked 10 seconds away so never bothered asking for a bag to conceal it. 2 seconds after i got out the door a group of teenagers are shouting "ps5, ps5" and i started fearing i was going to be beaten up and mugged by a load of kids haha

Luckily i survived and made it home lol

I do believe more will be available before xmas. I think theres alot of them for sale privately and with the demand decreasing as more people get one, the scalpers will be forced to let them go cheaper. They are gonna want to get there money back before xmas otherwise they may have trouble selling them for profit after xmas. You still might pay over the odds but shouldn't be ridiculous figures like currently. Just my own opinion.

Hope everyone gets sorted with one asap!

I was paranoid I was being followed ðŸ‘😎 good you got one

mutley18 wrote: »

875euro

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

mutley18 wrote: »

They pay 700 cash and sell it for 875. I have no doubt some people have bought a console purely just to make a handy few quid in an instant. Its tempting but its morally wrong in my opinion. I don't plan to sell mine but i would honestly rather sell mine at cost to a deserving person rather then cash in and make 200 quid so that they can then sell it for further profit and rip some poor soul off.

Its crazy that they can even get away with it. I wouldn't mind but the console is the cheap part. Buying the accessories / games is where they get you so having to start off by paying over the odds for the console is just so not right but sadly too many people are happy to pay. More money then sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Just got a call from Tesco. Chuffed! Hopefully they call more people today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 cuprugby333

circos wrote: »
    Just got a call from Tesco. Chuffed! Hopefully they call more people today

What time was your original confirmation email?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

What time was your original confirmation email?
    9:37am

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

circos wrote: »
    9:37am

I got my confirmation email at 9:26am and no call so far! This is my last chance before Christmas I feel.

Just got my call from Tesco :) 15th December collection!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Jaysus the Tesco calls are a brilliant twist in the PS5 boards saga. Delighted for the people that got the call, well done.

Jaysus the Tesco calls are a brilliant twist in the PS5 boards saga. Delighted for the people that got the call, well done.

Every little helps... It seems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NeedAPS5

sternn wrote: »

What time did you get the confirmation email?

sternn wrote: »

From an 051 number incase anyone misses a call, despite ordering in Dublin.

I hope they call more people here (and the right people...not those looking to make a profit..).

NeedAPS5 wrote: »
    What time did you get the confirmation email?

9:26am

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jamjam86

Any1 going to try curry’s carrickmines at 3pm? I can’t make it now. I was there this morning when manager said he’d be getting a few digital stock in store only......staff denied any knowledge when I hung around for browsing till 10am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 mf1138

Got a Text from Argos that mine was ready to collect from Dundrum. Wasn't meant to be there until Monday. Just collected it no problems at all.

Go go go curry’s, friend got 1 blanchardstown

Security guard went with trolly to counter and he bought 1 no reservations. He tried blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Marksman1

mf1138 wrote: »
    Got a Text from Argos that mine was ready to collect from Dundrum. Wasn't meant to be there until Monday. Just collected it no problems at all.

Same from omni

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

So just back from.dublin having travelled up from wexford this morning, first stop was carrickmines, asked a staff member if they had any ps5 stock, I was told no, I then asked another member of staff and was told the same.

I then asked to speak to the manager, I asked if they had any stock, he first said no, I said are you sure and I was them offered a digital version, which unfortunately isnt what I was looking for.

I then drive to blanch and asked to speak to the manager, I asked him if they had and stock and was told no, however when I was leaving I seen one gentleman being given 2 consoles.

I guess it's going to be January now at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Jamjam86 wrote: »
    Go go go curry’s, friend got 1 blanchardstown

O rly? Ask your friend to send you a pic the receipt and post it here.

Yeah told friend to go curry’s and wait, saw security guard bring some to till. He was first in line and got 1. Said good few que’d up after him do I’d say gone. But try elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NeedAPS5

None in curry’s blanch just checked.. time wasters

d9d wrote: »
    O rly? Ask your friend to send you a pic the receipt and post it here.

I’ve no reason to lie, I was at curry’s carrickmines at 9am and posted this info then. Info came from manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 gayformoleman

Got sorted for a code on Tuesday, panic over 😂

Advertisement