Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

see below

This what mine says so that means I’ll 100% getting it so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dgal123

Hi everyone.

A girlfriend of a PS5 searcher/fanatic/worshipper here. He has a big birthday coming up in March and I'm wondering what chance have I got of securing one as a surprise? I have read through this thread all evening and downloaded the stock app. Any advice for someone who feels very much out of her depth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

BWSGibbs wrote: »
    This what mine says so that means I’ll 100% getting it so?

Can I ask when you preordered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

Dgal123 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

A girlfriend of a PS5 searcher/fanatic/worshipper here. He has a big birthday coming up in March and I'm wondering what chance have I got of securing one as a surprise? I have read through this thread all evening and downloaded the stock app. Any advice for someone who feels very much out of her depth?

Follow this thread. I picked one up in DID after getting a tip here.

Hopefully Smyths and Harvey Norman will be released soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 05rblake

Hi everyone.

Don't feel out of your depth, it's more about luck than actually knowing anything.
    Best thing to do is check this thread in the morning around 9-10 and then 9-10 in the evening. Most retailers seem to drop stock in the morning and Smyths seems to do it at night (just going by what happened previously)
    I'm not sure what the stock will be like in March, hopefully better than what it is now... There could be more stock coming in the next few weeks but then again I thought that January would've had a lot more stock than there ended up being.
    I got lucky by seeing a post yesterday saying that DID had stock and rang them straight away and got one so just keep an eye out.
    Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Dgal123

05rblake wrote: »
    Don't feel out of your depth, it's more about luck than actually knowing anything.
    Best thing to do is check this thread in the morning around 9-10 and then 9-10 in the evening. Most retailers seem to drop stock in the morning and Smyths seems to do it at night (just going by what happened previously)
    I'm not sure what the stock will be like in March, hopefully better than what it is now... There could be more stock coming in the next few weeks but then again I thought that January would've had a lot more stock than there ended up being.
    I got lucky by seeing a post yesterday saying that DID had stock and rang them straight away and got one so just keep an eye out.
    Good luck

Thanks a million. Great advice. I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Hi everyone.

Make sure to have created an account with all the shops(Smyths and Harvey Norman seem to be whats left to add stock) and add ur card details. This will help save time going threw checkout. Smyths won't add your card till you have made your first purchase,so maybe order a game he myt like for the ps5,or buy something really cheap,and ur card details will save then and all you'll have to input next time is the 3 numbers at the back of the card.I wish you luck

Can I ask when you preordered?

You can bud, the 20th September in one of Gamestop’s main branches. Got the email this morning. GameStop get allocated stock according to its branch rating. That’s more then likely why we see more stock going to Dublin.

Never used this site but just letting ye know they are taking pre orders
    https://www.techinn.com/en/sony-ps5/137769821/p

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hashtonic

Never used this site but just letting ye know they are taking pre orders
    https://www.techinn.com/en/sony-ps5/137769821/p

For March, they’ve been up this whole time, bad trust pilot reviews, there is no way they can fulfil all the orders people are getting off them, for anyone’s sake wait
    to get one from a credible site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I had a PS5 but sold it to Cex a few weeks later and made 200 euro profit. The only reason I wanted it was for Demon Souls which I completed . Now with Re5 coming soon I have my regrets even though that will be coming to the PS4 as well id still rather play it on the ps5. Im not in a hurry to get the ps5 again but where is the best bet for putting a deposit on one

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamrnjn

For all those who ordered PS5 from DID via phone, did anyone actually get the console ? Or have they provided a date for collection ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I had a PS5 but sold it to Cex a few weeks later and made 200 euro profit. The only reason I wanted it was for Demon Souls which I completed . Now with Re5 coming soon I have my regrets even though that will be coming to the PS4 as well id still rather play it on the ps5. Im not in a hurry to get the ps5 again but where is the best bet for putting a deposit on one

You are going to get paddled for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Pipmae

In your case, Cex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sps5825gbw001&categoryName=playstation5-consoles&superCatName=gaming&title=playstation-5-console-825gb-white-boxed

Lucky for you Cex have some in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

iamrnjn wrote: »
    For all those who ordered PS5 from DID via phone, did anyone actually get the console ? Or have they provided a date for collection ?

Thursday or Saturday is what I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pomberg77

No haven't heard anything other than what they said when I ordered, which was Thursday or Friday. My friend got his online order today though and that was delivered, not click and collect so you'd imagine its there tomorrow is a good bet, if not today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Lol , this is brilliant , good enough for ya :D hope ya never get one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I've no problem with someone selling one for a profit to CEX, they pay a market price and they'll likely be the ones who get stung in the end. Victimless crime.

Getting rid of something so sought after and then regretting it and coming here looking for tips on getting another one, on the other hand... good luck :P

I had to go into the shop to put money down, they wouldn’t accept payment over the phone.
    I rang today and they said they should have them Friday morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Pipmae wrote: »
    In your case, Cex.
    TitianGerm wrote: »

St. Westy wrote: »
    Lol , this is brilliant , good enough for ya :D hope ya never get one :D

I've no problem with someone selling one for a profit to CEX, they pay a market price and they'll likely be the ones who get stung in the end. Victimless crime.

Getting rid of something so sought after and then regretting it and coming here looking for tips on getting another one, on the other hand... good luck :P

Jaysus lads, must be great living lifes with zero regrets or mistakes ever made.

feelsgoodman.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Morathi wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, must be great living lifes with zero regrets or mistakes ever made.

Yea it's brilliant I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

I had to go into the shop to put money down, they wouldn’t accept payment over the phone.
    I rang today and they said they should have them Friday morning :)

I had to do the same, put down the money and wait ... I rang them minutes ago and they said it will be available to collect tomorrow or Friday but they did not have the Demon's Souls in stock so my options were to wait for it or a game refund.

m8051 wrote: »
    I had to do the same, put down the money and wait ... I rang them minutes ago and they said it will be available to collect tomorrow or Friday but they did not have the Deamon Souls in stock so my options were to wait for it or a game refund.

Ah Jesus I think I’m the only one been stuck with demon souls haha... I had to drive a hour to secure my ps5. I will hopefully get it before the weekend is out too ;)

Must have been bad traffic if a drive of less than 5km took longer than an hour!

I'm in south dublin, even if I had wanted to try Naas or somewhere my chances of getting stopped by the guards along the way would have been close to 100%

Ah Jesus I think I’m the only one been stuck with demon souls haha... I had to drive a hour to secure my ps5. I will hopefully get it before the weekend is out too ;)

Same here drove an hour each way on Monday to pay. I was hoping for a call today but will wait til tomorrow before ringing them.

Must have been bad traffic if a drive of less than 5km took longer than an hour!

I'm in south dublin, even if I had wanted to try Naas or somewhere my chances of getting stopped by the guards along the way would have been close to 100%

No checkpoints at all and I had my story sorted just incase.

got a reply from gamestop, not getting the ps5 this wave and they have no date going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

got a reply from gamestop, not getting the ps5 this wave and they have no date going forward.

Liathróidí. Hope your wait isn't as long as the last time

Advertisement