Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I've no problem with someone selling one for a profit to CEX, they pay a market price and they'll likely be the ones who get stung in the end. Victimless crime.

Getting rid of something so sought after and then regretting it and coming here looking for tips on getting another one, on the other hand... good luck :P

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

iamrnjn wrote: »
    For all those who ordered PS5 from DID via phone, did anyone actually get the console ? Or have they provided a date for collection ?

I had to go into the shop to put money down, they wouldn’t accept payment over the phone.
    I rang today and they said they should have them Friday morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Pipmae wrote: »
    In your case, Cex.
    TitianGerm wrote: »

St. Westy wrote: »
    Lol , this is brilliant , good enough for ya :D hope ya never get one :D

I've no problem with someone selling one for a profit to CEX, they pay a market price and they'll likely be the ones who get stung in the end. Victimless crime.

Getting rid of something so sought after and then regretting it and coming here looking for tips on getting another one, on the other hand... good luck :P

Jaysus lads, must be great living lifes with zero regrets or mistakes ever made.

feelsgoodman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Morathi wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, must be great living lifes with zero regrets or mistakes ever made.

Yea it's brilliant I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

BWSGibbs wrote: »
    I had to go into the shop to put money down, they wouldn’t accept payment over the phone.
    I rang today and they said they should have them Friday morning :)

I had to do the same, put down the money and wait ... I rang them minutes ago and they said it will be available to collect tomorrow or Friday but they did not have the Demon's Souls in stock so my options were to wait for it or a game refund.

m8051 wrote: »
    I had to do the same, put down the money and wait ... I rang them minutes ago and they said it will be available to collect tomorrow or Friday but they did not have the Deamon Souls in stock so my options were to wait for it or a game refund.

Ah Jesus I think I’m the only one been stuck with demon souls haha... I had to drive a hour to secure my ps5. I will hopefully get it before the weekend is out too ;)

Must have been bad traffic if a drive of less than 5km took longer than an hour!

I'm in south dublin, even if I had wanted to try Naas or somewhere my chances of getting stopped by the guards along the way would have been close to 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Ah Jesus I think I’m the only one been stuck with demon souls haha... I had to drive a hour to secure my ps5. I will hopefully get it before the weekend is out too ;)

Same here drove an hour each way on Monday to pay. I was hoping for a call today but will wait til tomorrow before ringing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Must have been bad traffic if a drive of less than 5km took longer than an hour!

I'm in south dublin, even if I had wanted to try Naas or somewhere my chances of getting stopped by the guards along the way would have been close to 100%

No checkpoints at all and I had my story sorted just incase.

• Advertisement

got a reply from gamestop, not getting the ps5 this wave and they have no date going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

got a reply from gamestop, not getting the ps5 this wave and they have no date going forward.

Liathróidí. Hope your wait isn't as long as the last time

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Smyths have to be doing a drop soon. Gamestop got stock as did D.I.D & Currys. Smyths website hasn't been updated yet either and is set at "Expected in stock: January 2021"

Only a couple of days left in Jan. I swear if they change to Feb on Sunday without doing a drop they should be run out of the country haha

L'prof wrote: »
    Liathróidí. Hope your wait isn't as long as the last time

yea load of crap, esp seeing others get it after pre ordering after i did.

I'm only staying on the list just incase i dont get one elsewhere soon.

yea load of crap, esp seeing others get it after pre ordering after i did.

I'm only staying on the list just incase i dont get one elsewhere soon.

What store did u pre order it with

What store did u pre order it with

done it online.

Essential travel you see.
    I’ve someone picking it up on the way into work so won’t be running the risk going down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭josip

WD_Raceway wrote: »
    On way to Argos to collect one now, so they must have gotten a delivery.

Argos UK?

Argos IE still shows sold out and I thought only had Click and Collect for essential items?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

josip wrote: »
    Argos UK?

Argos IE still shows sold out and I thought only had Click and Collect for essential items?

Why are they on an Irish board if they live in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Nope Ireland.

Think sister had it pre ordered, no idea to be honest. I was just told go collect it.

Thought they had restrictions in place due to "essential items only"... but if that's not the case... good work fella, enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭josip

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Why are they on an Irish board if they live in the UK?

There were UK residents posting here recently about getting deliveries from UK retailers, which was a bit confusing until they disclosed their location.

I didn't know you could collect a PS5 from Argos in Ireland right now.
    I thought it was essential items only as per their website
    https://www.argos.ie/

Nope Ireland.

Think sister had it pre ordered, no idea to be honest. I was just told go collect it.

which argos? if close I'll go check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

As with DID recently Argos where very strict on pickups

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Someone on Facebook contacted GameStop customer support who told them they weren’t included in his weeks allocation. They had preordered online on September 17th at 7:04am, paid €50 deposit. Looks like that’s them gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Got one anyway. Said have no more.

#insidejob

Nope Ireland.

Argos don't do pre-orders here, and they haven't had any availability on the website since before Xmas.

The only way would be through a member of staff, or putting the code into a kiosk in-store and trying to reserve it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭recyclops

Basil3 wrote: »
    Argos don't do pre-orders here, and they haven't had any availability on the website since before Xmas.

The only way would be through a member of staff, or putting the code into a kiosk in-store and trying to reserve it that way.

Id say staff and tbh its what majority would do if they worked there and they knew someone be it friend or family was looking so fair play as it could have gone to bots or scalpers.

now if it was digital id be raging ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Just spoke to Argos, PS5s are in their supply warehouse but they aren't allowed sell them. Said they can't sell any games or toys or anything, she said once the government regulations deem them eligible to sell the website will be updated and they will become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pomberg77

heyjay14 wrote: »
    Just spoke to Argos, PS5s are in their supply warehouse but they aren't allowed sell them. Said they can't sell any games or toys or anything, she said once the government regulations deem them eligible to sell the website will be updated and they will become available.

Seems crazy they don't just deliver them given the demand

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    Id say staff and tbh its what majority would do if they worked there and they knew someone be it friend or family was looking so fair play as it could have gone to bots or scalpers.

now if it was digital id be raging ;););)

Maybe they're allowed to now, but when i picked up a PS5 in Argos in December, the staff were completely in the dark about it and couldn't reserve themselves. They had to reserve like the rest of us without any inside word.

Advertisement