Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭jj880

i was going to order it yesterday in LW. had one in the basket and all but i ordered clothes two weeks ago and hasnt arrived yet, so didnt wanna chance it if they held onto my money and didnt get it

Last delivery I got from Argos was a toaster and was poor enough service. Took 3 weeks to come via Fastway and there was no update from when it was ordered until it arrived at my door. Looking at Littlewoods website it seems they use Fastway also. DPD and An Post on the other hand Ive found are excellent during lockdown. HN use DPD and Smyths use An Post so would have no problem ordering PS5 from them if they become available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Money has been taken for my LW order and the order is on my account saying Order being Processed at Supplier, the exact same as the last time I ordered off them and they cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paul789

Money has been taken for my LW order and the order is on my account saying Order being Processed at Supplier, the exact same as the last time I ordered off them and they cancelled.

That’s interesting. All I know is I ordered from Littlewoods but I actually got a confirmation email yesterday to say order was confirmed. I called to check with them and they told me that the stock was purchased from the supplier yesterday. From what I am hearing the next batch of stock is expected mid Feb so that would line up with the date on the website. Littlewoods expected delivery when ordered changed to 2/3/21 but tbh that’s likely just to allow them time with how slow everything is. I’m just hoping the order doesn’t get cancelled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Paul789 wrote: »
    That’s interesting. All I know is I ordered from Littlewoods but I actually got a confirmation email yesterday to say order was confirmed. I called to check with them and they told me that the stock was purchased from the supplier yesterday. From what I am hearing the next batch of stock is expected mid Feb so that would line up with the date on the website. Littlewoods expected delivery when ordered changed to 2/3/21 but tbh that’s likely just to allow them time with how slow everything is. I’m just hoping the order doesn’t get cancelled!

Must check if any actual money was taken yet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Got sorted with gamestop!!! After an angry email they responded that they didn't have an email address on file for me(even though I gave it in store more than once)
    And gave me all the information I needed to complete my order.
    For anyone who ordered around the 17th September and heard nothing yet its worth getting in contact with them.
    Delighted I'm finally sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

To be fair, if somewhere like Argos is sitting on a stack of PS5s they can easily shift in a matter of minutes, and they're choosing not to for logisitcal or staff reasons, I'd say fair play to them because they've clearly made a decision to enforce stricter restrictions than they probably legally have to.

madmoe wrote: »
    Must check if any actual money was taken yet!!

Money went out and all! So I think it should be grand! Since they are getting €90 for a fecking controller I can’t see them cancelling the orders! And I don’t mind the wait if I’m actually going to get a Ps5 in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 la2021x

I actually rang them after posting this was fed up of waiting. Order was processed while I was on the phone to them, they just needed to confirm details. Received my order confirmation straight after, estimated delivery 02/03/2021! Recommend calling them, they were really helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I ordered something else from LW that was in stock last Sunday evening and it was shipped on Monday. Delivery is expected on 4th Feb and as they ship from England you never know.

If they had stock in their warehouse at the time of you paying for the order it should be shipped same day really or next day.

Not saying they won't get the stock in, but doesn't look good to me tbh.

Got sorted with gamestop!!! After an angry email they responded that they didn't have an email address on file for me(even though I gave it in store more than once)
    And gave me all the information I needed to complete my order.
    For anyone who ordered around the 17th September and heard nothing yet its worth getting in contact with them.
    Delighted I'm finally sorted.

i sent them an email and they said sorry none for you this time around. must of been too polite in my email.

• Advertisement

la2021x wrote: »
    I actually rang them after posting this was fed up of waiting. Order was processed while I was on the phone to them, they just needed to confirm details. Received my order confirmation straight after, estimated delivery 02/03/2021! Recommend calling them, they were really helpful.

Yep I’m in the same boat, only my order confirmed automatically!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pomberg77

Anyone who got a phone order with DID have any idea if the PS5s will be in store tomorrow?
    I know people who got the online orders received them today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

i sent them an email and they said sorry none for you this time around. must of been too polite in my email.

I wasn't polite at all but maybe they just couldn't contact me.
    Guess I'll never know.
    I hope you get sorted soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Pomberg77 wrote: »
    Anyone who got a phone order with DID have any idea if the PS5s will be in store tomorrow?

I'm gonna give them a call at lunch time tomorrow if they haven't called me by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 05rblake

I rang today and they said it'll be in on Friday. That's the one in Bandon though and it's coming from Dublin so it could be that there is a delay because its so far away. The ones in and near Dublin could be getting them tomorrow

05rblake wrote: »
    I rang today and they said it'll be in on Friday. That's the one in Bandon though and it's coming from Dublin so it could be that there is a delay because its so far away. The ones in and near Dublin could be getting them tomorrow

In fairness the girl in Galway the other day said either Thursday or Saturday. I'm not that bothered which tbh, just happy to have it finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Actually just got more livid with GameStop
    A mate went into our local store and preordered in OCTOBER.
    And all the while has been calling in a paying some off bit by but until he had the full €500 paid off.
    And he got email to say he is getting one....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Davemc26

Has anybody ordered from LW and still awaiting order confirmation? Money taken from my account, saw one person say their order was dispatched and everything.

I ordered yesterday. First payment attempt didn't go through but the second did. Got an email pretty much straight away after the payment went through. I paid the 590 off my credit card today, so i'll be super pissed if they end up cancelling because I can't transfer that back to my current account. The guy on the phone said the order is confirmed so I just hope they honour the orders now.

Davemc26 wrote: »
    I ordered yesterday. First payment attempt didn't go through but the second did. Got an email pretty much straight away after the payment went through. I paid the 590 off my credit card today, so i'll be super pissed if they end up cancelling because I can't transfer that back to my current account. The guy on the phone said the order is confirmed so I just hope they honour the orders now.

I’ve actually seen a few people that’s happened to? A lot of speculation they will be cancelled like previously, but hopefully we are in, well with a bit of luck!

I’ve heard rumours of DID dropping tomorrow again, and Harvey Norman 9am Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I’ve actually seen a few people that’s happened to? A lot of speculation they will be cancelled like previously, but hopefully we are in, well with a bit of luck!

I’ve heard rumours of DID dropping tomorrow again, and Harvey Norman 9am Friday.

You sure the DID one isn't just the preordered stock landing in store?

Also where did HN 9am come from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

I can confirm these rumors as I will be flat out in work so unable to get anywhere near a store!!

Honestly that would be great news of they did!

DID is complete speculation, somebody had mentioned that they may receive more stock by EOW

Harvey Norman was confirmed by an online customer service agent, the chat log was sent on. They said they will announce on their socials 30mins prior so keep an eye out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,122 ✭✭✭✭josip

DID is complete speculation, somebody had mentioned that they may receive more stock by EOW

Harvey Norman was confirmed by an online customer service agent, the chat log was sent on. They said they will announce on their socials 30mins prior so keep an eye out!

That's Instagram and Facebook for them?
    They're no longer on Twitter I think

josip wrote: »
    That's Instagram and Facebook for them?
    They're no longer on Twitter I think

Yeah exactly! they said Facebook and Instagram ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pomberg77

I rang DID (Mountjoy, Dublin) to see if my phone order was ready to collect. They said stock has come in but they're just in the process of "booking" it, whatever that means and I'll get a text when it's ready to collect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just got despatch note from littlewoods, thank you so much whoever posted!

I rang DID (Mountjoy, Dublin) to see if my phone order was ready to collect. They said stock has come in but they're just in the process of "booking" it, whatever that means and I'll get a text when it's ready to collect.

Means it's in the shop but not on their system just yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yup, my LW order dispatched now. Wasn't expecting that :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Wow that is great news on the littlewoods front!

• Advertisement

powercity now

Advertisement