Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jamjam86

Jamjam86 wrote: »
    I’ve no reason to lie, I was at curry’s carrickmines at 9am and posted this info then. Info came from manager.
    He was waiting since 2pm and got it at 2.45pm. Only a small trolly load of them

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

So you were offered the digital version without a reservation and declined it? Why? You could have possibly swapped it for a disk version with someone.

Apologies, I was offered the disk version, it was the digital version I needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Managed to get one for my Brother for Xmas, now I might try and get one for my self.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Schnat

baalad wrote: »
    The step up from the PS2 - PS3 was much more substantial and less so but still noticeable from the PS3 - PS4 but this time around the improvements are minor. Lighting looks a little better when it comes to visuals but no major difference ........ unless my eyes are lying to me!

Yup higher stable frame rates, RTX effects and loading times. And much more expensive games on top right now. My kids have no interest in Playstation ( PS4 Pro ) they love their Switch tough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,490 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Cleaned up the chat.

As the first post points out, be EXTREMELY SKEPTICAL of rumours and speculation here. Some people may genuinely have gotten lucky in a shop; they could just as easy be lying their ass off on an anonymous message board. We simply have zero way to verify it one way or the other, and official sources remain by the far the best source of info of if somewhere has stock. All we can say is don't rush to a shop based on a single random post. The vast, vast majority of consoles so far have been bought / reserved online. Use your common sense.

• Advertisement

Receipt from friend today in curry’s blanch....although I’m sure some1s going say its fake!
    Anyway proof they are selling in shop only. Talk to managers only is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Receipt from friend today in curry’s blanch....although I’m sure some1s going say its fake!
    Anyway proof they are selling in shop only. Talk to managers only is my advice.
    Receipt says liffey Valley??

audman13 wrote: »

Sorry Liffey valley. I did tell him to go to blanch as manager in carrickmines said they’d have the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

audman13 wrote: »

Yeah spotted that as well, not sure how reputable this news is https://www.rsvplive.ie/life/harvey-norman-ireland-delight-eager-23117052

But if you have a kid old enough 11th January doesn't seem to bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sottol

Curry’s carrickmines right now just got a digital. Their delivery arrived at 2.45

• Advertisement

Sottol wrote: »
    Curry’s carrickmines right now just got a digital. Their delivery arrived at 2.45

Finally I’m vindicated, maybe lads don’t be so quick to call bul****.

Well done, many left. I’m was trying to get friends to go for me but all working.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

So curry's you walk in? not online?

As has been said multiple times, this is the exact same scenario PC World had with the Series X, so completely believable.

So curry's you walk in? not online?

Yes that’s what I was told, behind the tills only. Not advertised on shop floor. Have friend going to carrickmines now at last. Will update if still any left.

Thought there was a list of staff in curry's getting first dibs? I'd say nothing left now in store... Unless very lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sculdugery

Heading to liffey now to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Sculdugery wrote: »
    Heading to liffey now to see

Best luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

My friend just sent me a pic of liffey valley currys, big queue

Best of luck, you never know! Might get one.

Update here if you succeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Davrbarrystea

Anyone end up getting one in Mahon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Sorry Liffey valley. I did tell him to go to blanch as manager in carrickmines said they’d have the most.

Love it. Apology incoming I hope 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sculdugery

All gone only had 12 in stock

Sculdugery wrote: »
    All gone only had 12 in stock

Where? And we're they digital or disc?

Wonder how many they actually got in...

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Senature

Liffey valley all gone, staff didn't even know they were coming in and they were gone in a flash

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Where? And we're they digital or disc?

Wonder how many they actually got in...

And what were the 12 serial numbers......and the manufacture dates......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Anybody been to swords Curry’s yet, is it worth a trip up?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Certainly google says Currys in Blanch is much busier than normal. Good luck to those that ventured out.

Senature wrote: »
    Liffey valley all gone, staff didn't even know they were coming in and they were gone in a flash

Damn that's mad. Probably only few in store knew about it.

Doubt they will get any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Best luck.
    Senature wrote: »

Least 12 more people got them so 12 less people who will need to get them incase other stores get them before Xmas so people here might get a chance to get 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 gabe_dublin

None in blanchardstown... just talked to the manager here... he said only next year...

Advertisement