Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

someone just typed into the chat, the link wasnt posted until after i paid for mine i just typed playstation 5 and was the 5th or 6th item down.

Is there a link to the twitch chat or how to find it ? Cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

Just emailed them, got a pop up that ps5 is out of stock.

cant understand how smyths havent dropped any yet this month if others are getting restocks

Some news websites posted articles, related to Smyths UK, that stated it'd be February before they get a restock. Not sure if this applies to Ireland as well.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/smyths-toys-reveals-ps5-stock-19701789
    https://www.thesun.ie/tech/6462859/smyths-toys-ps5-restock-february-console/

Cyclonius wrote: »
    Some news websites posted articles, related to Smyths UK, that stated it'd be February before they get a restock. Not sure if this applies to Ireland as well.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/smyths-toys-reveals-ps5-stock-19701789
    https://www.thesun.ie/tech/6462859/smyths-toys-ps5-restock-february-console/

I'm pretty sure Smyths UK had stock only a week or two ago, but there hasn't been anything here since December.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tobes

bdmc5 wrote: »
    This is the one I believe. Lots of noise but have been quick to post when something does come up. Missed PowerCity. Posted about 1 minute after I'd last checked...

https://www.twitch.tv/cosie90

bdmc5 wrote: »

http://www.twitch.tv/cosie90

had it open all morning, just seen in the chat powercity had them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Ks_2020

BWSGibbs wrote: »
    Lads I got no update from GameStop anyone have more information on them?

I got no email so just emailed customer service. Got a response saying I wasn't getting one this allocation. Replied asking why when others who ordered later than release date (I got in the morning of the 17th) were getting them, no response from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Terryland just called and mine is ready for collection, now the slowest work day in history is about to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamrnjn

Pomberg77 wrote: »
    I rang DID (Mountjoy, Dublin) to see if my phone order was ready to collect. They said stock has come in but they're just in the process of "booking" it, whatever that means and I'll get a text when it's ready to collect.

Shouldn't take that much time considering these stores were getting 5 PS5's each. I will ring them in the afternoon as well and hopefully its ready to collect by 3 or 4ish from Mountjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

iamrnjn wrote: »
    Shouldn't take that much time considering these stores were getting 5 PS5's each. I will ring them in the afternoon as well and hopefully its ready to collect by 3 or 4ish from Mountjoy.

Just off the phone to DID, extremely helpful guy in tip said they will be in tomorrow

Just off the phone to DID, extremely helpful guy in tip said they will be in tomorrow

Pro orders only sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Lads I got no update from GameStop anyone have more information on them?

They told me I'm not getting anything. My preorder was early September 17, and as several people have confirmed here, those with later preorders got theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Can you cancel your preorder with them? That's just taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Lie and tell Gamestop you've bought some of their stock so as a current shareholder holding the company up give me my F**king ps5.

I would be loosing my mind, demanding some sort of credit or gesture I would very much be on the case of a little kick back from them.

People shouldn't be jumping the list like that.

Demanding a refund says you are unhappy and willing to walk away from the deal.
    Holding on says they own you! Up to you if you are willing to hold out or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Seems like Gamestop might have just put all the preorders together in a list without any sort of order at the time and now they're working their way down it, or they're doing it store by store. Only explanation really.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

The_Brood wrote: »
    They told me I'm not getting anything. My preorder was early September 17, and as several people have confirmed here, those with later preorders got theirs.

It’s disgraceful. A mate walked in and preordered in the shop in October. And was allowed to keep chipping away at it until it was paid off in December. Got his email to say he has one on the way yesterday. There is literally zero consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

If nothing else, I really hope this is the end of people preordering and buying in Gamestop. It's a shame for those who are being shafted but it was always going to be a **** show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

coolisin wrote: »
    Lie and tell Gamestop you've bought some of their stock so as a current shareholder holding the company up give me my F**king ps5.

I would be loosing my mind, demanding some sort of credit or gesture I would very much be on the case of a little kick back from them.

People shouldn't be jumping the list like that.

Demanding a refund says you are unhappy and willing to walk away from the deal.
    Holding on says they own you! Up to you if you are willing to hold out or not.

Again, would love to walk away, would love to never ever do any business with gamestop ever again - if I do manage to get one from somewhere else - and I am checking every day, I will, but otherwise options are extremely limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

Newbridge store?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RigAdam123

Just collected mine from DID Stillorgan, absolutely chuffed. Thanks to everyone here for tips and best of look to those still on the hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

The_Brood wrote: »
    Again, would love to walk away, would love to never ever do any business with gamestop ever again - if I do manage to get one from somewhere else - and I am checking every day, I will, but otherwise options are extremely limited.

It's a no win situation for you, how do you show your displeasure without walking away, While at the same time you punishing yourself.

Hopefully you get something elsewhere so you can say f**k your business to GameStop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 la2021x

Seeing loads of LW orders dispatched!! What time did you guys order? Hoping mine will be soon

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭jb_connolly

HN just added ps5 3D headsets and media remotes

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

HN just added ps5 3D headsets and media remotes

Good spot.

Both Currys (UK) and Gamestop.ie added those when they received PS5 Consoles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pomberg77

iamrnjn wrote: »

Let us know how you get on. Still haven't received a text.

m8051 wrote: »
    Newbridge store?

Clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Just to add another voice to the frustrated ones here, I also pre-ordered with Gamestop on the morning of the Sept 17th and haven't heard a thing.

If they are really not honouring the order that they received the preorders its a complete joke. The fact that they never gave out numbers to people to know where they were in the list is a shambles.

It's now more then 5 months since I pre-ordered and I have no idea if I am in the next batch or still months away. :mad:

I was just collecting something in Argos Liffey Valley, and when I put the PS5 code into the terminal, it said it could be ordered for collection in 6-8 days. Hopefully that's a good sign for people still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamrnjn

Just called DID Mountjoy and after being on hold for a while they spoke these magical words "You can collect your PS5 today".

Buzzing and will be heading straight to the store after I finish my work.

PS: I haven't received any text as well

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stalking zebra

DID in Swords just said hopefully it will be in for collection tomorrow. The word hopefully doesn't exactly fill me with confidence 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

I also pre-ordered with Gamestop on the morning of the 17th of September. I sent an email to gamestop Ireland when I seen people here were getting consoles at the start of this week. This is the response I got:

Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Service,

We can confirm that you were not included in this allocation.
    Although at this time we are unable to confirm when further stock will be available, please be assured we will contact you directly once your order is ready for fulfilment.

You will still remain in place for further allocations of this console and once stock is available we will prioritise the completion of your order.

Please Note: The release date online is a placeholder date, not an indicator of when an item will be available.

We would like to thank you for being so patient with us and will be in touch with you again soon.

Advertisement