Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭B8ZZ

In- person only, you won't get through by phone, stocks likely gone now, the lad who got one 10 mins ago said people started to flood in

2 LEFT IN CARRICKMINES

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BlueSR

how do they get it that fast, with no availability to pay over phone .. all gone in less than 5 mins !! are they camping outside these stores ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Damn I live 10 min drive away. No way will still be there

All gone now, Navan/Blanch/Carrickmines

• Advertisement

BlueSR wrote: »
    how do they get it that fast, with no availability to pay over phone .. all gone in less than 5 mins !! are they camping outside these stores ?

News came in 20 mins ago, from the people who got them, they were literally a 5 min walk from the shop

So, they don't put stock online anymore to avoid bots, but even now, if you are 10 mins away from a store, you have no chance !!

This has gone so far already .. I don't think there will be a chance of real stock before summer .. People are looking for this console as an investment now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nolard

stock is coming in thick and fast to be fair, I don't think Summer is gonna be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Unbelievable... I GOT THE LAST ONE IN CARRICKMINES

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

BlueSR wrote:
    This has gone so far already .. I don't think there will be a chance of real stock before summer .. People are looking for this console as an investment now

Stock is pretty much flooding through now though, demand is being filled everyone that wants one will have it in the next few weeks imo

• Advertisement

Stock is pretty much flooding through now though, demand is being filled everyone that wants one will have it in the next few weeks imo

Well, this is what I'm kinda hearing since Xmas .. Hope you are right through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vaccinehope21

I don’t know if they are still there but curry’s jervis got stock today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

BlueSR wrote: »
    People are looking for this console as an investment now

Yeah some people are hearing all this new about scalpers making a couple hundred quid back so they are jumping on that.
    Heck CEX are giving you 200 back for a 10 min walk, then selling them on making 200 for themselves.

But that is a very limited timed event they judge that wrong the money can disappear over night with 1 big shipment.

Next everyone being at home at the moment doesnt help matters.

Look more people that pick them up the less people will be looking on the next round.

EDIT also Carrickmines has some catchment within walking distance. With people working/school from home!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Cex will lose money eventually.

Matter of time. The sooner the better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Nah, it won't IMO. Unfortunately TSMC's production is massively down, partly due to a shortage of Ajinmoto Build-up Film. That is what is holding back the PS5 (And the graphics cards etc).

I cannot see great stock coming through until Q2/Q3 this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

rang currys jervis, all gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ChunkyLoverIE

All I've heard from Galway is 15 in curry's last week all gone.
    5 in DID this Monday and went in minutes.

Any other word around Galway ?

Thanks to whoever gave the shout for these in Currys, I live not too far and was still just managed to get the last one... Awesome work

Thanks to whoever gave the shout for these in Currys, I live not too far and was still just managed to get the last one... Awesome work

Glad to see I helped at least some people get one, I'm patiently waiting on Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

Any news of anything coming into Cork? There's plenty of retailers around the Mahon and Kinsale Road area. Would hope they would be getting a few units if nationwide deliveries are being done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Pomberg77

Just picked up my DID order, happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭facehugger99

With all these PS5's "flooding in", I'm struggling to keep my head above water.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stalking zebra

Pomberg77 wrote: »
    Just picked up my DID order, happy days

Did you get a game with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I think by 'flooding in' he means that the January stock drops all landed. Could be another month before we see similar again, could be longer. I'll be on Smyths tonight from 9-11 and the same tomorrow, and watching HN in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pomberg77

Did you get a game with it?

Yup, Demon's Souls. I asked could I trade it for another game (the other game DID are selling is Spiderman) but the guy working said that's all they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stalking zebra

DID Swords just rang me to say I can collect mine. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

Just a heads up i just got my email to say I’m Geting my ps5 next week, I ordered on the 17th Sep online. I emailed them twice giving out maybe they pushed me up the list. Thank God the wait is over

One thing that had me worried though was that the PS5 box had a pretty nasty bit of damage to it, so I took some pictures etc. before I opened it. Seems to be booting up fine and updating so worries faded.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

One thing that had me worried though was that the PS5 box had a pretty nasty bit of damage to it, so I took some pictures etc. before I opened it. Seems to be booting up fine and updating so worries faded.

The packaging is all 100% recyclable for the first time. This means it is rather flimsy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Boo to flimsy boxes. Any time I get a new gadget the box goes into the attic in case I want to get rid. Usually ends up adding €20 or so to trade in/resale value

Advertisement