Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gabe_dublin

Collected mine this evening in DID Finglas this evening! I've even met a fellow boarder there collecting his too.
    The hunt is over for me. Thank you so much to who posted it on Monday.
    Best of luck for everyone who is still looking for one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭KH25

Just for people logging on to HN tomorrow, I’d suggest using more than one browser. Last time I had internet explorer open and the banner didn’t pop up to complete the form. Tried it with chrome and it came up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

KH25 wrote: »
    Just for people logging on to HN tomorrow, I’d suggest using more than one browser. Last time I had internet explorer open and the banner didn’t pop up to complete the form. Tried it with chrome and it came up for me.

Was the banner on the homepage page or was it in the page after you search for PS5 can you remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭KH25

skerry wrote: »
    Was the banner on the homepage page or was it in the page after you search for PS5 can you remember?

I think it came up for me on the home page.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

It was definitely the home page cos I was on the PlayStation page like an idiot and missed out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

Anyone collect their one in clonmel yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Option to go into argos in ps5 now not showing up giving a date now to release but might drop soon for people. Saying out of stock on digital but not disc but nothing showing up when you go into it but might be a sign for people there dropping it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 el pistolero

Seems like you can reserve it by clicking on Check stock in your area then chose your desired store. I was able to reserve it at Ilac center with collection date 3-5 Feb. Got an email from Argos confirming the reservation but no reservation number is there just confirming reservation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Seems like you can reserve it by clicking on Check stock in your area then chose your desired store. I was able to reserve it at Ilac center with collection date 3-5 Feb. Got an email from Argos confirming the reservation but no reservation number is there just confirming reservation

Yeah this happened in December. It also happened with Littlewoods as well. Nothing came of it in the end and those who had their money taken on Littlewoods got refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

skerry wrote: »

Through search for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

No reservation number, no reservation

Take a close look at the text on this page (after the page where you enter mobile number and email and the "Place Reservation" button)

The item is not reserved as it is out of stock

mooonpie wrote: »
    No reservation number, no reservation

Take a close look at the text on this page (after the page where you enter mobile number and email and the "Place Reservation" button)

The item is not reserved as it is out of stock

Maybe stock hasn't arrived yet or they don't have it sorted, they are just taking reservation and might send reservation number when they have stock sorted. Because previously this option was not appearing at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Maybe stock hasn't arrived yet or they don't have it sorted, they are just taking reservation and might send reservation number when they have stock sorted. Because previously this option was not appearing at all

Have they ever done that before? I think if they were allowing people to reserve items before stock, surely they'd let you just outright click "Buy or Reserve" If it's not obvious, it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

This was happening before Christmas too, we didn't hear of anyone getting a follow up that added a reservation number.

Only reservations with a reservation number from the start were real reservations. If there's no reservation number, there's no item reserved.

They may well be coming in to stock soon ... here's the process I got lucky with in December: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/115508919

Best of luck

Have they ever done that before? I think if they were allowing people to reserve items before stock, surely they'd let you just outright click "Buy or Reserve" If it's not obvious, it won't work.

Seems like people were able to do the same in Dec no reservation number means order isn't confirmed 😔

The last time this happened with Argos, people just kept trying and trying to reserve until they got a reservation with an actual reservation number. Some people got lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

Harvey Norman is already having server issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Why are people on the main site when they’ve said that it’s the socials they’ll be updating on? Clearly their idea is failing miserably!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Anyone had success with argos this morning?
    Was able to go to the reserve page and enter details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

madcabbage wrote: »
    Why are people on the main site when they’ve said that it’s the socials they’ll be updating on? Clearly their idea is failing miserably!

Probably because you've a better chance of getting one on their site rather than on Twitter :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

You ****ing kidding me with this **** harvey norman 500 issues already For **** Sake

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Seems like people were able to do the same in Dec no reservation number means order isn't confirmed ��

I can get all the way through to entering my details, but when I hit submit I get a page that LOOKS like a confirmation at a glance, but actually says not reserved due to no stock. I then got an email off them thanking me for my reservation but with no reservation number, I'd say the people who thought they reserved missed the message saying they hadn't been successful:

nBjU3To.jpg

Same thing happened me before christmas. Would say they're either gone or weren't really live at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

I’d say the Argos stock has been scooped up by bots already. It’s the exact same as before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

They're probably trying to keep their site up by having people refreshing facebook rather than them

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

Just reserved one at Argos. Not expecting it to work out but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

puzl wrote:
    Just reserved one at Argos. Not expecting it to work out but you never know.

Did yoy get a reservation number

No, which is why I don't expect it to work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

puzl wrote:
    No, which is why I don't expect it to work out.

Yeah sorry man it won't theyre no good. Did the same myself this morning.

I will add that I tried a few stores for digital and a few stores for disk and only one had the option to reserve the disk and none had the option to reserve digital so I think something is afoot.

• Advertisement

Sarn wrote: »
    I’d say the Argos stock has been scooped up by bots already. It’s the exact same as before Christmas.

It's not that, they would say out of stock if they're out of stock.

This exact same situation occurred before Xmas, and some people did get lucky with reservation numbers. They just kept trying.

Advertisement