Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

puzl wrote: »
    I will add that I tried a few stores for digital and a few stores for disk and only one had the option to reserve the disk and none had the option to reserve digital so I think something is afoot.

Argos have never had digital stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

So has it been this way all along with some stores allowing dud reservations on disk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

puzl wrote:
    So has it been this way all along with some stores allowing dud reservations on disk?

Not all along but was like it for xbox series x and ps5 before Xmas too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

The argos thing might signal that they're updating the system, but if you click onto the product listing they're still very much out of stock. This is a hacky way to force through a reservation and unless you have a reservation number I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

HN site no longer says out of stock. No sign of it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 DM_Punk

Do we think the HN stock will be all online? Any chance you can reserve and collect in store?

Surely smyths will have stock too if all the others got them. Hopefully go live over weekend

DM_Punk wrote: »
    Do we think the HN stock will be all online? Any chance you can reserve and collect in store?

Apparently last time all the stock went up online, and you could either click/collect or have it delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If they do the same as last time you won't be buying or paying for it right now, you will be asking to buy one and will be invited to buy it later on in the day, maybe even tomorrow.

Last time they had major gremlins and emails weren't going out but eventually they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 weejimbob123

how did you reserve at argos i keep getting the return to home page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Good luck to everyone, let's hope by Monday morning some people are a lot happier. I'll try and get one for someone if that's OK with the mods, face value obviously and Dublin based.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Johnboy316

how did you reserve at argos i keep getting the return to home page

By selecting Check Stock In Your Area...it'll allow you reserve but as advised people are not getting reservation numbers at the minute

when you search for PS5 instead of clicking on the item click the text "check stock in your area" above the Buy or Reserve button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

puzl wrote: »

Read the message at the top of the screen "The following items were not purchased"
    It's got to be the worst format I've ever seen, but the message is clear, ignore everything else on that screen, you didn't get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭recyclops

Johnboy316 wrote: »
    By selecting Check Stock In Your Area...it'll allow you reserve but as advised people are not getting reservation numbers at the minute

yeah all you get is an email thanking you but nothing on it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭josip

Berty wrote: »
    If they do the same as last time you won't be buying or paying for it right now, you will be asking to buy one and will be invited to buy it later on in the day, maybe even tomorrow.

Last time they had major gremlins and emails weren't going out but eventually they did.

So the only info needed in the initial 'race' is an email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 weejimbob123

nah it says error Request: [object XMLHttpRequest]

Error: undefined

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Good luck lads, hopefully more will arrive over the weekend, argos might get a shipment!

Berty wrote: »

Were the forms limited? As in, if you get your details in successfully did you get the invitation later on or was it just registering interest, emails go out later, another race to get the order in etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Were the forms limited? As in, if you get your details in successfully did you get the invitation later on or was it just registering interest, emails go out later, another race to get the order in etc

No 2nd race
    Auto-fill is your friend on the 1st screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Goggleyed_gimp

This worked for me just now, but like you said I did get a reservation number

You had to select either Disc or Digital, I was a few mins late and could only see Digital and "417 left" or some mad amount. Limited stuff, name email address etc.

The following day I could select a store to collect or you could go delivery and pay.

Also to note they used a website to fill the form in that wasn't Harvey Norman so likely the bots didn't know it existed until it was too late to write scripts for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 leburg

Once you fill in form race is over the link will be emailed to confirm you have one and to make payment.

leburg wrote: »
    Once you fill in form race is over the link will be emailed to confirm you have one and to make payment.

was there much detail required in the form? if by having a HV account setup does this speed up the process?

was there much detail required in the form? if by having a HV account setup does this speed up the process?

Not required last time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭recyclops

HN is up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

What link?

Advertisement