Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

"Thank you for completing the form to purchase a PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®5 bundle online. Your chosen console has now been allocated to you."

I take it from this email i have secured one or is it a matter of a lottery system now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

madmoe wrote: »
    Was anyone watching on Instagram on a phone? The link wasn't clickable or wouldn't copy/paste for me!? Wasted valuable seconds trying then had to go to Facebook on mobile to find the clickable link!! Well gone by the time I submitted!

i was the same ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tobes

Didn't get so much as a look at the form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

"Thank you for completing the form to purchase a PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®5 bundle online. Your chosen console has now been allocated to you."

I take it from this email i have secured one or is it a matter of a lottery system now?

This is what Im hoping i have the same email!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

You could always read the message you posted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

klose wrote: »
    You got a message on their site to redirect you to their social media pages to click the link, which is ridiculous. The search goes on...

That was likely to ensure that bots didn't snap them up though, don't think they can be criticised for that. The fact that they even bothered is respectable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You'll get a link emailed to you to complete the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭B8ZZ

Even though that went in a heartbeat, fair play to Harvey Norman that was actually an effective way of preventing bots. I got some bundle, I just furiously clicked on something...lucky dip I guess!

The bot discord I'm in has around 50 completions, so I'm not sure about them stopping bots

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DM_Punk

And the search continues 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

If Harvey Norman had the hundreds they seem to have had, then for anyone that didn't get one it at least bodes well for Smyth's still saying they expect stock in Jan 21...

So Smyth's later on today maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Berty wrote: »
    It literally said that the updates would only be provided on their Social(s)

Even this answer isnt clear -- Its one thing to update on their socials to sale its available on their site but its another thing totally that you only access link through their social media.

I literally asked about 3 times yesterday for full explanation and no started with you must be on their socials for link but you just click a banner on HN home page. Gutted now as was all prepped and ready on their site --clicked links kindly shared by someone at 9.01 was was too late

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

dar83 wrote: »
    Lol. Bundles. Get f#cked.

There was 26 console only when I saw it. The rest overpriced bundles. That's a shame. They have hundreds but want to milk it.

Absolutely fleecing people with the bundles. Poor form

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

FYI.. DID sold bundles a couple of hours before their online stock dropped.. keep an eye on HN throughout the day. The last console drop they did an anti-bot form to fill out. Bots won't be targeting Bundles which is why they probably went online without a fill-out form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

i was the same ffs

I'm gonna complain to them about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

penev10 wrote: »
    Bundles only. Went for the Spiderman one, didn't even look at the price. Gather its 650

I got the same, was 625 actually. They had 20 console only when I first logged in whereas bundles had more stock, thought that was a safer bet

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

Smyths is a good option I think. They updated their digital date to Feb but kept their Disk version as Jan.
    HN only had Disk versions.

From this I'm assuming Smyths and HNs were promised Disk stock and I would expect Smyths to become available this weekend or Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭josip

Wifey got it.
    Had been complaining for 5 minutes before she noticed an email from Harvey Norman :rolleyes:
    She doesn't know what bundle she got.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Some of the comments on HN Facebook are very funny.

Tracy from Cork thinks that Sony shouldn't have released the PS5 if they knew they couldn't keep up with the demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scoby78

i was the same ffs

The link was in their bio. You can not click on a link on an insta post. I got through the link and was just about to add one and it said sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

L'prof wrote: »
    Absolutely fleecing people with the bundles. Poor form

The bundles with the games were not over priced I don't think.

Spiderman - 60
    Controller - 70
    Console - 500

HN sold it for 625. Think Demon Souls was the same? Didn't see how much the sackboy bundle was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

scoby78 wrote: »
    The link was in their aim. You can not click on a link on an insta post. I got through the link and was just about to add one and it said sold out😭

Pain in the t***s for people on mobile who can't be at a computer to click the link directly from the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

TitianGerm wrote: »

Spiderman - 60
    Controller - 70
    Console - 500

HN sold it for 625. Think Demon Souls was the same? Didn't see how much the sackboy bundle was.

Demon Souls and sackboy were both €635, and the games are listed at 70, so a fiver "off"

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

madmoe wrote: »
    Pain in the t***s for people on mobile who can't be at a computer to click the link directly from the post!

I had to copy and paste the link and I was on a laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

scoby78 wrote: »
    The link was in their aim. You can not click on a link on an insta post. I got through the link and was just about to add one and it said sold out��

Yeah I eventually got through to the form but all the stand alone consoles were gone, I don't want a bundle as I already have a controller and camera (got a ps5 on launch but it was defective so got a refund).. All hopes on smyths now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

I clicked on a bundle with Sackboy and extra controller as its what I was going to buy it anyway.
    Its worked out as 3 or 4 euro cheaper grabbing the bundle.

Also figured less bots might be clicking on a bundle, this was my thought process in the split second it came up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Spiderman - 60
    Controller - 70
    Console - 500

Yeah I’m just after doing the maths :p it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Was it €625 or €635? I was coming to about €618 getting the optionals from Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Spiderman - 60
    Controller - 70
    Console - 500

I thought the bundle had the game only, was convinced they were robbing cnuts, but if it it includes the controller then it's not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Davemc26

Try reserve from Argos using the check stock in your area. It only works on the desktop site. It will probably say out of stock but you will get a confirmation email without a reservation number. No guarantee it'll work but worth a try

Davemc26 wrote: »
    Try reserve from Argos using the check stock in your area. It only works on the desktop site. It will probably say out of stock but you will get a confirmation email without a reservation number. No guarantee it'll work but worth a try

Does not work. Was the same the last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

coolisin wrote: »
    Also figured less bots might be clicking on a bundle, this was my thought process in the split second it came up!!!

I was the opposite, I thought I’d go for a bundle since everyone else probably just wants the console

Edit: I misread, not the opposite - the same 🀪

Advertisement