Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Davemc26 wrote: »
    Try reserve from Argos using the check stock in your area. It only works on the desktop site. It will probably say out of stock but you will get a confirmation email without a reservation number. No guarantee it'll work but worth a try

Wish people would stop peddling this ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

Similar tactic of going bundle rather than console. Very lucky to get one.

No payment link received yet just confirmation email

• Registered Users Posts: 6 weejimbob123

HAVE U A LINK, CAUSE ITS NOT WORKING FOR ME AND IM USING A COMPUTER?

Messi19 wrote: »
    Wish people would stop peddling this ****e

Peddling what ****e?

The exact same thing happened last time. People would sometimes get a reservation number, there's no harm in trying. If you get a reservation number, it's successful. No reservation number means you won't get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The bundles with the games were not over priced I don't think.

Spiderman - 60
    Controller - 70
    Console - 500

HN sold it for 625. Think Demon Souls was the same? Didn't see how much the sackboy bundle was.

It's overpriced if you don't want an extra controller and game you'll never play :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bdmc5 wrote: »
    Even this answer isnt clear -- Its one thing to update on their socials to sale its available on their site but its another thing totally that you only access link through their social media.

I literally asked about 3 times yesterday for full explanation and no started with you must be on their socials for link but you just click a banner on HN home page. Gutted now as was all prepped and ready on their site --clicked links kindly shared by someone at 9.01 was was too late

Here is the thing, it wasn't on the site this morning or even last year. Both times they use a company called wufoo.com for the form.

When I saw the update go on Facebook I read it far too fast and didn't see the link for about 10 seconds, then I clicked through into wufoo form to fill in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

HAVE U A LINK, CAUSE ITS NOT WORKING FOR ME AND IM USING A COMPUTER?

Yeah link only works on a 3310i

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

I was on the website refreshing and checking Instagram on my phone for an update at the same time. Next minute they posted the link and it wasn’t hyperlinked so I had to go into their bio to get it...filled in for the spider man bundle clicked submit and then got told “thank you” and that they were gone :( wasted so much time having to go to their bio for the link :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I managed to reserve the Demon's Souls bundle for a friend. I'd say I was fairly quick after the link went live and all the consoles without bundle were gone when I tried. Forcing bundles on people is a bit scummy but everyone seems to be at it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

The thing about the Argos situation is that each store has a different collection date so who knows!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kenny_david

Did people get a confirmation Email, I clicked on the spider-man bundle 78 left at the time but I got no email yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Berty wrote: »
    Here is the thing, it wasn't on the site this morning or even last year. Both times they use a company called wufoo.com for the form.

When I saw the update go on Facebook I read it far too fast and didn't see the link for about 10 seconds, then I clicked through into wufoo form to fill in.

Lesson learned for sure -- the very first step was probably so basic for those familiar that it was obvious but havent seen any site use same HN approach yet. Hopefully Smyths now is realistic in next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Basil3 wrote: »
    Peddling what ****e?

The exact same thing happened last time. People would sometimes get a reservation number, there's no harm in trying. If you get a reservation number, it's successful. No reservation number means you won't get one.

It's the thicks who keep ASKING and ASKING and ASKING about the blank reservations which is driving everyone mad.

If there is NO RESERVATION CODE then the product IS NOT RESERVED.

How can such a simple concept not be clearly understood?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 weejimbob123

i donno what bundle i click but filled in all the details and click submit anf it came up all stock gone ? does that mean theres still hope even know ive recived no email?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Did people get a confirmation Email, I clicked on the spider-man bundle 78 left at the time but I got no email yet

I received a confirmation e-mail straight away.

I am now waiting for the payment link to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭recyclops

That was a great system. Sat on the Facebook page on laptop and nabbed one for my bro he is delighted.

My annoyance is no digital. The hunt goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭jj880

Got email instantly:

Thank you for completing the form to purchase a PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®5 bundle online. Your chosen console has now been allocated to you. In order to secure your console you must complete the purchase. Once completed your console will be available for Delivery from the store of your choice from the 05th February 2021

Doodah7 wrote: »
    It's the thicks who keep ASKING and ASKING and ASKING about the blank reservations which is driving everyone mad.

If there is NO RESERVATION CODE then the product IS NOT RESERVED.

How can such a simple concept not be clearly understood?

I didn't think they were implying that a screen that says out of stock followed by an email without a reservation number would mean that you have one reserved.

It's still worth trying using this technique, as a lot of people did get them this way last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mulvan

jj880 wrote: »
    Got email instantly:

Thank you for completing the form to purchase a PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®5 bundle online. Your chosen console has now been allocated to you. In order to secure your console you must complete the purchase. Once completed your console will be available for Delivery from the store of your choice from the 05th February 2021

I got the same as this and I am still waiting for the payment e-mail. Was this the same process as the last HN release? Any ideas on when to expect the payment mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

mulvan wrote: »
    I got the same as this and I am still waiting for the payment e-mail. Was this the same process as the last HN release? Any ideas on when to expect the payment mail?

Think it said within 6 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

check your spam folders

Here's the email contents
    Dear Customer

Thank you for completing the form to purchase a PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®5 bundle online. Your chosen console has now been allocated to you. In order to secure your console you must complete the purchase. Once completed your console will be available for Delivery from the store of your choice from the 05th February 2021.

You will receive a link to purchase your PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®5 bundle to this email address.

You will have 24 hours from the time you receive the link to complete the purchase of your new console. If you do not purchase within the 24 hour timeframe, the link will expire and you will have unfortunately missed out.

Please ensure you regularly check your email, including your spam folder during this time, for the link to purchase.

Thank you for shopping at Harvey Norman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭recyclops

Also not only did they get the order system pretty much bang on the fact they are only doing delivery is fairly sound as well with how banjoed the country is covid wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

puzl wrote: »
    check your spam folders

Here's the email contents

Going to be a long morning waiting for this payment link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭kuang1

Going to be a long morning waiting for this payment link

I got my PS via HN before Christmas. Didn't get my payment email until after 5pm that day, so I wouldn't be at all worried for anyone who got the "your playstation has been allocated to you" email this morning.

That means you're sorted. 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Was on the main site waiting for a link as don't have Facebook or Instagram do never stood a chance of getting one.prepared to wait as I want it for resident evil, hopefully Smyth's or the off chance Tesco get more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Well done to all who got them... would it be worth constantly checking Smyth’s over weekend as only a few days left in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Lisha wrote: »
    Well done to all who got them... would it be worth constantly checking Smyth’s over weekend as only a few days left in January?

They normally put stock up on a Friday night, has happened a few times. Doubt they will do it on weekend but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

dan786 wrote: »
    They normally put stock up on a Friday night, has happened a few times. Doubt they will do it on weekend but you never know.

Yes I’m hoping the same.... just ordered a game of Smyth’s to add in my eircode and save card details... I really am living in hope.... 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 19 elisacullen

Hi all,
    Been trying to pick up a PS5 for my little brother since they launched.
    I think I managed to get one this am with HN using a laptop that prefilled the form automatocaly, I got the email ''Thank you for completing the form to purchase a PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®5 bundle online. Your chosen console has now been allocated to you."

So I think I've got one??

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for your posts on here over the past few months, they've been really helpful, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster!

Hope everyone gets sorted asap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Here's the bundle details again for HN for the people who weren't sure what they clicked on. Spiderman definitely best value, Souls looks a bit pricey but still not a bad showing.

mFzuzaz.jpg
    Hi all,
    Been trying to pick up a PS5 for my little brother since they launched.
    I think I managed to get one this am with HN using a laptop that prefilled the form automatocaly, I got the email ''Thank you for completing the form to purchase a PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®5 bundle online. Your chosen console has now been allocated to you."

So I think I've got one??

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for your posts on here over the past few months, they've been really helpful, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster!

Hope everyone gets sorted asap!

Yes, that means you've been successful. I'm in the same boat.

Sincere thanks to everyone here for the tips, I would have been flailing around blindly for another couple of months otherwise.

Advertisement