Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jamjam86

Carrickmines go now

Girlfriend got it for me, straight to counter. At first they acted confused she said but she begged and got one. Digital only, no idea how many left. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

I chanced going to Blanch there, the lady told me my email wasn’t enough? Trying to track this down for fellow boardsie. Desperate gf here 😂

You should go back and use the kiosk/self check out screen with a debit card as you check out yourself and just have to input the reservation number on the email so you don't even have to go near the staff. That's what I did and had no issue collecting and I had no text. I would have just went over to the kiosk if I was turned away. They may want to put you off so you'll lose your reservation and the staff can snap it up as the standard policy has always been that they'll just ask you to quote your reservation number as Argos doesn't require a phone number to reserve so email is sufficient. Considering Cex are offering an easy 700 for a PS5 it's pretty lucrative for staff to make an easy 200€ if they want without having to try to sell online

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Jamjam86 wrote: »
    Girlfriend got it for me, straight to counter. At first they acted confused she said but she begged and got one. Digital only, no idea how many left. Best of luck

How many you did you get altogether?

How many you did you get altogether?

Just 1. Wouldn’t even change my luck for a second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone try currys mahon point

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Davrbarrystea

Aside from this morning dosnt look like it

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭leanin2019

I was in carrickmines getting a printer and just read this thread. None left, so they told me.

Said people snapped them up over the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Currys website down for a bit of maintenance…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Canonfan wrote: »
      Currys website down for a bit of maintenance…

Sorting out the PS5s maybe lol

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Tried no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

I saw someone getting the “last” one in currys carrickmines about 5 mins ago. Looks like they were friends with the guy working there

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Senature

zzzzzzzz wrote: »
      I saw someone getting the “last” one in currys carrickmines about 5 mins ago. Looks like they were friends with the guy working there

Very frustrating, I went in there 10-15 mins ago and was told none left. Really poor form imo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Senature wrote: »
      Very frustrating, I went in there 10-15 mins ago and was told none left. Really poor form imo.

Or they could have been just having a friendly chat about getting the last one.
      I’ve often got talking to staff about stuff when buying various items.

No, they knew each other for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gayformoleman

loughrey wrote: »
      You should go back and use the kiosk/self check out screen with a debit card as you check out yourself and just have to input the reservation number on the email so you don't even have to go near the staff. That's what I did and had no issue collecting and I had no text. I would have just went over to the kiosk if I was turned away. They may want to put you off so you'll lose your reservation and the staff can snap it up as the standard policy has always been that they'll just ask you to quote your reservation number as Argos doesn't require a phone number to reserve so email is sufficient. Considering Cex are offering an easy 700 for a PS5 it's pretty lucrative for staff to make an easy 200€ if they want without having to try to sell online

Managed to get sorted in the end, thanks a mill though!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭leanin2019

I was there as well. At 5 o clock on the hour, said they were all gone. One staff member said they had 47 in total that arrived today and all snapped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 locksdown

its kind of disgusting if they had them in stock, knew and blatantly lied to people, their website down so obvs must have
      had them online too

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

locksdown wrote: »
      its kind of disgusting if they had them in stock, knew and blatantly lied to people, their website down so obvs must have
      had them online too

Didn't see them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Nothing online

• Advertisement

The guy working there said they’re not putting it up online because the last time they did their website went down due to the traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Got mine from currys today. After staff they had 4 to sell.

javagal wrote: »
      Got mine from currys today. After staff they had 4 to sell.

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Picked up the PS5 from Argos Galway today. My pick up was ment to be tomorrow but got a text and was ready to collect. Thanks to Kmcg46 for the help, was happy to return the favour by giving him a reservation no. And thanks to everyone on Boards. Hope everyone gets sorted soon. I had gotten one pre ordered from Smyths too in case this fell threw, my brother now gets that one

• Registered Users Posts: 26 wublabdubadoo

Some curry's staff in city centre showed me stock availability on screen at liffey valley (6) and (5) in blanch at around zoomed off to Liffey myself and asked a friend to check blanch within 30 mins both places said they have no stock, when I went to Liffey it wasn't busy. Couldn't trust a word they said, a bit disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭benny79

Dirt bags... Currys are..

People should call Currys out on social media. Name and shame them. Bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jsman

People should call Currys out on social media. Name and shame them. Bad form.

Their staff probably already got theirs and are getting these ones to make money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Some curry's staff in city centre showed me stock availability on screen at liffey valley (6) and (5) in blanch at around zoomed off to Liffey myself and asked a friend to check blanch within 30 mins both places said they have no stock, when I went to Liffey it wasn't busy. Couldn't trust a word they said, a bit disappointed.

Stock has been selling out almost instantly every time its available. No reason to think this time any different.

Staff wouldn't be allowed to hold back multiple units and in multiple locations. Dont be silly

• Advertisement
    • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Can we hold off ****ting on the retail employess at the busiest shopping time of the year?

There's no proof that they are buying the consoles and even if they are, their money is just as good as yours and we've already seen numerous people on here buy/book multiple consoles.

Advertisement