Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm annoyed at HN for being so cagey with their information last night. Their instagram page especially. Every single response was a copy/paste: "Please check our Facebook and Instagram pages tomorrow morning. Thank you!"

What time will the stores be open? "Please check our Facebook and Instagram pages tomorrow morning. Thank you!"
    Is this for the PS5? "Please check our Facebook and Instagram pages tomorrow morning. Thank you!"

People actually took the piss a couple of times:
    Is this for a panini maker? "Please check our Facebook and Instagram pages tomorrow morning. Thank you!"
    Is this for a Nintendo 64? "Please check our Facebook and Instagram pages tomorrow morning. Thank you!"

So many questions were met with that response.

I dunno why they couldn't just write it up instead of being "oOoOoOoOo we have a surprise but we're not gonna tell you until the moment 9am strikes the following day."

It comes across as playing around with people for a laugh. Like they know what's gonna be in stock sometimes days before it goes on shelves so if they had some consoles in stock they should've emailed people in advance to let them know. I suppose it's easier for them to post it publically the way they did because in their eyes they'll make a ton of money in 60 seconds and they know they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭B8ZZ

Hey everyone, don’t waste your time checking Limerick today, 5 lads on the floor said none today confirmed, none in the back either.

Manager said none are shipping to Limerick at all till at best late next week, none on their system either, had the dude actually show me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Anyone else still waiting on click and collect from DID?

Ordered Monday and received confirmation, card charged the next day but nothing since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Keith186 wrote: »

Ordered Monday and received confirmation, card charged the next day but nothing since then.

Collected mine yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

With stock dropping in may places its worth reminding people that tesco are worth keeping an eye on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Pomberg77

Keith186 wrote: »

I rang my local DID yesterday morning, they said they had the stock in and to expect a text when it was ready. After not receiving a text by 3pm and seeing other users rang them where they said it was ready, I just headed down and picked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

What the hell is smyths doing. It still says January

• Registered Users Posts: 14 05rblake

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    What the hell is smyths doing. It still says January
    I'd imagine they are going to drop it before the end of Jan, so tonight or at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Just got the payment link off HN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭recyclops

Yep same. 5000 down to 499 for console only, should post to bargain alerts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I take it everyone doesn't get that link at the same time? Haven't gotten anything yet but did get that email earlier about being allocated.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

I got the first email but not the payment link yet
    I think last time it was several hours before some people got the payment link
    madcabbage wrote: »
    I take it everyone doesn't get that link at the same time? Haven't gotten anything yet but did get that email earlier about being allocated.

Once paid I got a dpd notice of a delivery due but with no date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭KH25

Payment links were sent through the day last time. Some got theirs early and others got them late. If you have the confirmation email you’ve been allocated a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

When would smyths be likely to drop? Tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

wonski wrote:
    Cex will lose money eventually.

Let's short them!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Anyone hear from d.i.d bandon yet ? I rang yesterday was just told tmw afternoon no time

• Registered Users Posts: 14 05rblake

popsy09 wrote: »
    Anyone hear from d.i.d bandon yet ? I rang yesterday was just told tmw afternoon no time
    Just rang there, the girl on the phone said they should be in this afternoon. I'll be picking it up at around 4 and she said it should be there for that time.

05rblake wrote: »
    Just rang there, the girl on the phone said they should be in this afternoon. I'll be picking it up at around 4 and she said it should be there for that time.

Great thanks . I still won't believe it until it's in my hands I'm after being let down so many times at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

Just collected mine in DID Clonmel, the staff were brilliant besides the one guy today when I rang he said it won’t be in till March and that he sees my pre order on system but it’s in the warehouse.
    I asked to speak to his manager because I was promised it today and he got pure sketchy and said can you hold for a minute and I’ll check the back.
    Came back on 5 mins later and said it’s here to be picked up.
    Thanks to everyone here on boards. Wouldn’t of got one without all the help and updates.
    Also got refunded demon souls so €80 back in the pocket.
    Thanks again to whoever posted about DID.
    :D:):D

• Advertisement

BWSGibbs wrote: »
    Just collected mine in DID Clonmel, the staff were brilliant besides the one guy today when I rang he said it won’t be in till March and that he sees my pre order on system but it’s in the warehouse.
    I asked to speak to his manager because I was promised it today and he got pure sketchy and said can you hold for a minute and I’ll check the back.
    Came back on 5 mins later and said it’s here to be picked up.
    Thanks to everyone here on boards. Wouldn’t of got one without all the help and updates.
    Also got refunded dark souls so €80 back in the pocket.
    Thanks again to whoever posted about DID.
    :D:):D

Did they offer you the refund ? I have no interest in that game

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mousi

Heya Everyone, just want to say thanks for all the updates about stock, I was lucky to grab one this morning on HN so just waiting for the payment link, thanks again :)

Off to d.i.d bandon now it's there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

The real MVP is madmoe, who has thanked almost every post in this thread without any posts that I've noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

i dunno which is worse the wait get my payment link to pay over my 630 or the wait until the 5th of Feb to pick up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭B8ZZ

Lads Curry’s Limerick got in 25 there at 1pm

Queue started for them and all 25 gone

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

Got my payment link.. all paid for and done now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ya just got mine sorted there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

Same payment made. Delighted.

• Advertisement

coolisin wrote: »
    i dunno which is worse the wait get my payment link to pay over my 630 or the wait until the 5th of Feb to pick up!!!

No picking up so probably the wait for it to be delivered

Advertisement