Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Noelie155

I managed to pre order one for my husband there now. Is the money taken from acc now or when it arrives? ( can't guarantee I'll have it in my account when they come looking for it the way I spend at times!)

Pretty sure it's taken when they dispatch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

They lasted 40 minutes compared to HN’s 1 minute. I had checked earlier this morning but didn’t see anything. Fell back asleep, woke up about 8.30, decided to check the thread and :).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Smyths now

I have you to blame for spending €500 that I really shouldn’t have at half 8 on a Saturday morning!!! :pac:

Thanks mucho man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

L'prof wrote: »
    I have you to blame for spending €500 that I really shouldn’t have at half 8 on a Saturday morning!!! :pac:

Thanks mucho man

De nada, compadre! :)

Delighted to see people getting them!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

All gone lads congratulations to everyone that secured one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

All gone lads congratulations to everyone that secured one

I wonder can we submit a stay and spend tax return on these??? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

Congrats all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

FFS just checked phone now gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

Puppy woke me early there just after 08:30 so checked this thread for the craic and saw the posts about Smyths. Couldn't believe it when they were still available and got one at 08:35!

Thanks a million lads (and puppy)! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Don't know how many times I checked Smyths this week and wake up to see this. Back to not caring about this thing now. I'll get one when their in the shops in 2023 or something

skerry wrote: »
    Don't know how many times I checked Smyths this week and wake up to see this. Back to not caring about this thing now. I'll get one when their in the shops in 2023 or something

Ah no. This time around it was much easier. More and more people are getting their hands on them so demand is declining. You’ll get sorted soon

skerry wrote:

I'm in same boat was checking all week up until 11pm last night. Was awake and all dont know why I didn't check phone.. ah well hopefully in feb

Ah no. This time around it was much easier. More and more people are getting their hands on them so demand is declining. You’ll get sorted soon

Cheers. I decided this week I'd up the effort as there was several drops talked about and its been a sh!tty start to the year so new gadget would be nice. Was up and ready for HN yesterday and sold out in 30 seconds. Was looking at website for a banner and was too late by the time I copped they were posting it on Facebook and even then I probably would have missed out anyway.
    Been refreshing Smyths on the half hour most of the week as they seemed to drop at regular times especially in evening. Im up working from home every weekday so would have seen it no hassle if it was posted this time Monday to Friday. Unless I'm 24/7 refreshing it now I'll resign myself to missing out for the foreseeable.

Cheers. I decided this week I'd up the effort as there was several drops talked about and its been a sh!tty start to the year so new gadget would be nice. Was up and ready for HN yesterday and sold out in 30 seconds. Was looking at website for a banner and was too late by the time I copped they were posting it on Facebook and even then I probably would have missed out anyway.
    Been refreshing Smyths on the half hour most of the week as they seemed to drop at regular times especially in evening. Im up working from home every weekday so would have seen it no hassle if it was posted this time Monday to Friday. Unless I'm 24/7 refreshing it now I'll resign myself to missing out for the foreseeable.

If you really want it why don’t you sign up to one of those stock alert groups or apps? I do think they’ll be easier to get from now on

Going to try currys mahon at 10 as a hail mary

If you really want it why don’t you sign up to one of those stock alert groups or apps? I do think they’ll be easier to get from now on

I've been on that Twitch group which are fairly on the ball but unless your looking at it the whole time your gonna miss out. Not even sure how accurate this apps are it seems a lot of noise and then a couple of reliable stock notifications among them. Not the end of the world. Genuinely pity everyone who's been flat out looking since release. 8am on Saturday morning isn't the most convenient time for shops to be posting stock. Youd think if they had a decent amount they could have notified peoppe who registered interest

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cork321

Going to try currys mahon at 10 as a hail mary

Will you send in if they’re in stock, went out yesterday myself and someone got the last one about 2 mins before me

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vaccinehope21

Cork321 wrote: »
    Will you send in if they’re in stock, went out yesterday myself and someone got the last one about 2 mins before me

Managers have been fairly helpful in curry’s at checking other stores if you could ask and let the lads know

I've been on that Twitch group which are fairly on the ball but unless your looking at it the whole time your gonna miss out. Not even sure how accurate this apps are it seems a lot of noise and then a couple of reliable stock notifications among them. Not the end of the world. Genuinely pity everyone who's been flat out looking since release. 8am on Saturday morning isn't the most convenient time for shops to be posting stock. Youd think if they had a decent amount they could have notified peoppe who registered interest

I’d say a lot of it has to do with server load. People have been crashing sites all over the place looking for them. Probably picked a time they knew wouldn’t have too much impact on the rest of their customers that have no interest in playstations. Same goes for giving notice. You’re just asking for people to crash your servers. They know they’re gonna get rid of stock quickly either way

• Advertisement

I’d say a lot of it has to do with server load. People have been crashing sites all over the place looking for them. Probably picked a time they knew wouldn’t have too much impact on the rest of their customers that have no interest in playstations. Same goes for giving notice. You’re just asking for people to crash your servers. They know they’re gonna get rid of stock quickly either way

They've changed expected stock date until February on Smyths site now for disc edition so might have more in a few weeks.

Cork321 wrote:

No joy in afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Just woke up to see this, congrats to everyone that got one. You're gonna love it ha.

To those that didn't get one, keep an eye out for Argos, they've changed the store checker for ps5 to have different eta's for each store so should drop soon.

I'll keep trying if it helps someone get a ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

To be honest you are not missing much if that helps. F all games.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    To be honest you are not missing much if that helps. F all games.

Theres that too. Have Series X and only thing I'm interested in PS5 wise is Demon Souls. Have PS4 Pro and main incentive to get PS5 is probably to trade that while it's worth anything.

vinny33 wrote: »
    Just woke up to see this, congrats to everyone that got one. You're gonna love it ha.

To those that didn't get one, keep an eye out for Argos, they've changed the store checker for ps5 to have different eta's for each store so should drop soon.

I'll keep trying if it helps someone get a ps5.

Is there a code you need to search for for it on Argos, I just keep getting the banner saying oos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I think Smyth's have been smart here, they left the more stock due estimate all month and have now only taken "preorders", to be filled in February. So they've managed to change stock due to February without getting any stick for it like they would if they just changed it on the site like the digital edition. :P

On the other hand, Feb is two days away and the Preorder element may just be a scalper check...

With the large stock dropping in other places there's a good chance they have a decent few though.

Time will tell. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

I’m waiting on digital, but Argos Swords showing in stock for reserve now on the disc version

dar83 wrote:
    I think Smyth's have been smart here, they left the more stock due estimate all month and have now only taken "preorders", to be filled in February. So they've managed to change stock due to February without getting any stick for it like they would if they just changed it on the site like the digital edition.

dar83 wrote:
    On the other hand, Feb is two days away and the Preorder element may just be a scalper check...

dar83 wrote:
    With the large stock dropping in other places there's a good chance they have a decent few though.

They did the same in December. Officially pre orders but stock was sent out the next week. Hopefully they get more in mid to end of feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Ronan wrote: »
    I’m waiting on digital, but Argos Swords showing in stock for reserve now on the disc version

Bump for anybody as this fell off the page as soon as I posted ^

Advertisement