Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cork321

Ronan wrote: »
    Bump for anybody as this fell off the page as soon as I posted ^

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

skerry wrote: »
    Is there a code you need to search for for it on Argos, I just keep getting the banner saying oos

Go to store checker on the top of the page and enter the code 8349000 and choose your local store and it'll give an estimate time of collection, all stores have different dates. Hopefully this is an indication they'll do a drop soon and based off the amount of people that one today, it seems that chances of people getting one are becoming more positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Ronan wrote: »
    Bump for anybody as this fell off the page as soon as I posted ^

It’s been like that since yesterday, but out of stock when you go to reserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Edit: Ah, sorry, didn’t see the info its been like this since yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Anyone have their preorder cancelled by Smyths? Hasn’t happened to me but a few people on Facebook have had it happened to them, but the screenshots of the email they’re showing look more like they actually voluntarily cancelled themselves, so trying to figure out if they’re trolling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Lisha wrote: »
    Yes I’m hoping the same.... just ordered a game of Smyth’s to add in my eircode and save card details... I really am living in hope.... ��
    They did the same in December. Officially pre orders but stock was sent out the next week. Hopefully they get more in mid to end of feb

Exactly, preorders are basically orders. People will have their PS5 next week delivered by DPD

No cancellation here yet, but maybe if someone ordered more than one...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MattC96

If you go to Argos site, go into “Quick Shop”, paste the code 8349000, add to your basket, it will allow you to reserve a PS5 in the store of your choice. I haven’t paid but I have just reserved one in the Tallaght
    store.

MattC96 wrote: »
    If you go to Argos site, go into “Quick Shop”, paste the code 8349000, add to your basket, it will allow you to reserve a PS5 in the store of your choice. I haven’t paid but I have just reserved one in the Tallaght
    store.

Did you get an order number? I have about a dozen reservation emails from yesterday and this morning in the hope that they would release stock at some point.

Sarn wrote: »
    No cancellation here yet, but maybe if someone ordered more than one...

Yeah that’s what I was thinking...I also have an account too so hope I’m safe, fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not, I got an email and requested a text message too but no number yet.

Unfortunately not, I got an email and requested a text message too but no number yet.

Unfortunately that means there’s nothing. The same happened before Christmas before they shut their crappy system down. Saying that, it suggests they’ll be released at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

store.

It lets me go through the whole process but at the final screen it says there's no stock. I still get an automated email thanking me for my reservation though. Have tried about 10 stores, all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

So you definitely don’t have one reserved. You have ghost confirmation that has been the exact for days if you read this thread.

bdmc5 wrote: »
    So you definitely don’t have one reserved. You have ghost confirmation that has been the exact for days if you read this thread.

Thanks for the clarification, hopefully we get lucky soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Wow smyths dropped this morning.
    That was a better way to do it nice and quiet rather then the harvey norman tell everyone where to be at 9am!!
    I would say its a preorder similar to what harvey norman and DID did this week, we will take your "booking" knowing we will get them in a couple of days.

As for Mathsman3.14 with all those preorders they better pay off eventually for you!!!

As for everyone else waiting the chase gets a little easier with every batch.
    And more importantly with every release the sclapers will loose out also!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

Was lucky enough to grab a smyths preorder at about 8:07am this morning. Does anyone know when they will be shipping them? Would it be worth contacting them to find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Seems smyths are cancelling orders now also...a friend had hers cancelled, was late to the party but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Checked Smyth’s at 06:30 and 7 am this morning then slept through the release... devastated. Will keep trying Argos now... they only deliver large items I wonder if this includes ps5? ... I’m an hour drive away from any Argos..

Delighted for those who got them earlier. Gives me hope if nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

laneooo wrote: »
    Seems smyths are cancelling orders now also...a friend had hers cancelled, was late to the party but still...

Oh no that’s rotten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I got my confirmation email at 8.11am.

Ordered an extra controller and the remote control and got the confirmation email for that exactly 15 minutes later.

The order number for the controller is about 1,500 higher than the PS5.

That's a lot of orders in 15 minutes, presumably the vast majority were for consoles.

I wonder how many they had in total?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I’ve two orders 7 mins apart 8.08am & 8:15am. Let’s wait and see with this scaremongering or is it legit.

Some brand new genuine controllers on Adverts if people looking for second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I’ve two orders 7 mins apart 8.08am & 8:15am. Let’s wait and see with this scaremongering or is it legit.

Some brand new genuine controllers on Adverts if people looking for second one.

Did Smyths not have a one per person limit? Thought someone mentioned that in here the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭pj12332

How do you get two and I can't get one (sad face :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Was checking all last night. Missed it again today.

coolisin wrote: »
    Wow smyths dropped this morning.
    That was a better way to do it nice and quiet rather then the harvey norman tell everyone where to be at 9am!!
    I would say its a preorder similar to what harvey norman and DID did this week, we will take your "booking" knowing we will get them in a couple of days.

As for Mathsman3.14 with all those preorders they better pay off eventually for you!!!

As for everyone else waiting the chase gets a little easier with every batch.
    And more importantly with every release the sclapers will loose out also!

Haha thanks very much! If more than one come through I’ll sell on for RRP for someone who genuinely is looking for one. Have a friend in Galway who has had no luck so maybe if Currys come through I can change the delivery dress of my smyths order for him, who knows! I would say I’ll definitely be getting my €50 back from GameStop though, they have been absolutely horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

FFS i'm crying wolf at this stage. For the past 2 weeks I've been saying "bullshít" to any info regarding fresh stock, as I just expect them to be gone in 15 seconds (like with Harvey Norman).

I was guessing Smyths would be the same, after people saying they would have stock this morning. So I thought "nah, not wasting my time waking up at stupid-o'clock in the morning just for a website to crash the moment it becomes "available""

Well fck me. I woke up at half 11 this morning and deckded to check here anyway, and I see people saying the thing was available for about half an hour before it went out of stock again. With no server crashes by the sounds of it.

That would've been my best chance to get it. I dunno how long it'll be before more come in. I'm so annoyed at myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did Smyths not have a one per person limit? Thought someone mentioned that in here the last time.

Two different accounts my own one & sister in law for my nephew on different devices. So very lucky after a number of fails trying to get them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Two different accounts my own one & sister in law for my nephew on different devices. So very lucky after a number of fails trying to get them online.

Different delivery addresses? I doubt Smyths will be looking at IP addresses to spot duplicate orders so should be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Different delivery addresses? I doubt Smyths will be looking at IP addresses to spot duplicate orders so should be ok.

You never know. Same payment method might be more along the lines of what they will check though. Hopefully two different cards were used.

Advertisement