Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TaxPro

la2021x wrote: »
    Is anybody's HN order still processing?

I haven’t received anything additional from HN today. I ordered and paid for the Sackboy bundle, used one email address, and did home delivery. Not to say I won’t get the delay email, my payment link email came a few hours after the first few people got theirs yesterday.

How are people seeing the status of their order? When I go to the order tracking site and enter my details it says “We are currently experiencing technical difficulties....yada yada yada”.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 la2021x

TaxPro wrote: »
    I haven’t received anything additional from HN today. I ordered and paid for the Sackboy bundle, used one email address, and did home delivery. Not to say I won’t get the delay email, my payment link email came a few hours after the first few people got theirs yesterday.

How are people seeing the status of their order? When I go to the order tracking site and enter my details it says “We are currently experiencing technical difficulties....yada yada yada”.

I just logged into my HN account, selected my orders and it will tell you the status.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TaxPro

I just logged into my HN account, selected my orders and it will tell you the status.

Thanks, I don’t have an account so I guess I’ll just wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Same here.
    It also tells you what store is fulfilling the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I'm still showing processing, got my payment link early in the day too so you could be right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

Order is Processing.
    Payment link was later in the day.

Sounds like random selection to be honest

I contacted the HN support chat and they advised its due to a lack of stock nationwide, meanwhile the CS email team advised they aren't expecting their shipment until the 05th. I asked the support chat whether or not it will affect everybody so I could update you all and he said All Stores will notify customers of lead times.

coolisin wrote: »
    Same here.
    It also tells you what store is fulfilling the order.

Now I can't see that info where might I find that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Got an email at 13:43 of a delay of 7 days for the Spiderman bundle.

This is for a mate, just hope they don't cancel altogether!!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

This Week.
    Littlewoods - (Online) People have ordered but no dispatch of console with no concrete delivery date.
    Currys - (Walk into store and buy)People collected their consoles during the Week.
    DID Electrical - (Ring and reserve) Only 5 per store,all paid and Collected.
    Powercity - Some people collected,dont know if it was online.
    Harvey Norman - Online only,through social media link to fill out forms.Some People are waiting on confirmation emails,some have being cancelled,some have got multiple links to buy different bundles,some have got change of date for delivery.Seems HN dont actually have any stock of PS5s yet.
    Argos - Nothing
    Tesco - Nothing
    Smyths - Online Sat 8am.
    People getting cancellation emails,change of date.
    Have Smyths any physical stock of PS5s or are these just preorders?
    Feel free to update,or correct this list.
    Really hope HN and Smyths come through for everyone on here.

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for contacting Harvey Norman.
    I can advise that stock is expected to arrive in on 05.02 and will be available for delivery only - As this is not an essential item it is not available for click and collect. You will receive notification when this has shipped along with a tracking number allowing you to follow your delivery process.
    If you have any additional queries, please feel free to get in contact again.
    Kind Regards,

This is the email I got back from HN, I think that it will happen to everybody as they did advise our orders would be shipped from, or after 05 Feb.. it being backordered would make sense I suppose since they have no stock on hand to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭josip

Is anybody's HN order still processing?

My wife got her confirmation email for the Sackboy bundle at 15:18 yesterday.
    Still says processing.

Koycer wrote: »
    To the people booking/buying two consoles - that’s wrong in my eyes. Doesn’t matter if it’s for another family member or friend. 1 per customer. There is enough people on this thread trying to get one for months.

Oh, give over. I haven't secured more than one but if a family member asked me to I would in a heartbeat, they're no less deserving than anyone else. If I had reserved 2 in Smyths under 2 names/card details/addresses for 2 differen households that's 2 customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

I got a 6 day cancellation from HN at 13:30 today ( Saturday ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭recyclops

I just checked, so I paid at 12:24 yesterday for console only, got email from Harvey Norman at same time. At 12:26 got a dpd text from HN carrickmines confirming data sent to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

puzl wrote: »
    I got a 6 day cancellation from HN at 13:30 today ( Saturday ).

Maybe I'm a bit thick, but what does that mean? Like a 6 day delay do you mean?

Interesting to hear folk getting delay emails, I haven't got one yet (I got the sackboy bundle). Will update if that changes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Well this is what I just got back from waterford when I contacted them.

I've also contacted customer support.

Its just bizarre it went from delivery from next Friday to could be by the end of feb.
    I hope if its being fulfilled by the nearest store they just have no info yet and its a panic about nothing.
    As I did deliver to me I did not select waterford as my store.

Hi XXXX,

My name is XXXX and I just contacted you in regards to you online order of the ps5,
    We have back order the stock due possible delay with Sony,

We would hope to have these unit in sooner but it could take some time.

As soon as everything is in stock we will ship it right away
    If you have any other questions please just let me know.

Thank you
    Kind Regards,

XXXXXXXXX

Assistant Manager Computer Department
    Harvey Norman Waterford

coolisin wrote: »
    Well this is what I just got back from waterford when I contacted them.

I've also contacted customer support.

Hi XXXX,

My name is XXXX and I just contacted you in regards to you online order of the ps5,

We have back order the stock due possible delay with Sony,

We would hope to have these unit in sooner but it could take some time.

As soon as everything is in stock we will ship it right away

If you have any other questions please just let me know.

Thank you

Kind Regards,

XXXXXXXXX

Assistant Manager Computer Department

Harvey Norman Waterford

Just when I thought the panic was over once receiving the payment link haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭jj880

Oh, give over. I haven't secured more than one but if a family member asked me to I would in a heartbeat, they're no less deserving than anyone else. If I had reserved 2 in Smyths under 2 names/card details/addresses for 2 differen households that's 2 customers.

Yes but with Smyths that would be reflected in the stock available at the time everyone orders. Ive no problem with that.

This is obviously a mistake with HN's order setup. It could result in someone (after months of trying and following this thread) thinking they are golden with a PS5 finally secured. Then some gimp uses 2 payment links and takes their order off them. Doesnt matter if the PS5 is for their granny or their dog. It's poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Got the mail from HN too, nice of them to wait until after the Smyth's drop to pull this shít. I was online this morning too, could easily have reserved one there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

HN oversold by the looks of it.

Probably due to an IT glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

There's a chance that HN and Smyths have oversold. These places are likely feeling the pinch from lockdown. Oversell and get funds into the business and promise to fulfil the order when they can. Maybe I'm just being too cynical

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Messi19 wrote: »
    There's a chance that HN and Smyths have oversold. These places are likely feeling the pinch from lockdown. Oversell and get funds into the business and promise to fulfil the order when they can. Maybe I'm just being too cynical

Except Smyths haven't taken any money. They don't take money for pre-orders until the day it ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Messi19 wrote: »

In the case of Smyths they only charge card at point of shipping

jj880 wrote: »
    Yes but with Smyths that would be reflected in the stock available at the time everyone orders. Ive no problem with that.

This is obviously a mistake with HN's order setup. It could result in someone (after months of trying and following this thread) thinking they are golden with a PS5 finally secured. Then some gimp uses 2 payment links and takes their order off them. Doesnt matter if the PS5 is for their granny or their dog. It's poor form.

I'm talking about people ordering from Smyths or anyone else legitimately, using the same methods as any other shopper, I think the guy I quoted was also. I certainly wouldn't use an additional payment link sent to me in error! That's a different matter altogether and very poor form. I think the OP I was replying to was disapproving of anyone who already had a console buying a second one on behalf of a family member.

RE Harvey Norman, I paid at 12.16 yesterday lunchtime when the mail came in, and got my confirmation instantly, order number is in the mid 9896** range. Still says processing at present so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

My liveoffer email came in at 14:47 and I ordered and received confirmation within a few minutes. I'm also still processing
    I'm talking about people ordering from Smyths or anyone else legitimately, using the same methods as any other shopper, I think the guy I quoted was also. I certainly wouldn't use an additional payment link sent to me in error! That's a different matter altogether and very poor form. I think the OP I was replying to was disapproving of anyone who already had a console buying a second one on behalf of a family member.

RE Harvey Norman, I paid at 12.16 yesterday lunchtime when the mail came in, and got my confirmation instantly, order number is in the mid 9896** range. Still says processing at present so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

I paid for mine around 3.30pm yesterday. Got the e-mail today stating there is a delay with order.

If anyone's experienced this before with HN. Have they cancelled an order or will i be guaranteed to get one (albeit delayed).

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭jj880

I'm talking about people ordering from Smyths or anyone else legitimately, using the same methods as any other shopper, I think the guy I quoted was also. I certainly wouldn't use an additional payment link sent to me in error! That's a different matter altogether and very poor form. I think the OP I was replying to was disapproving of anyone who already had a console buying a second one on behalf of a family member

Fair enough - picked you up wrong. At the moment my order looks good but I just have a feeling all these HN delivery date push packs are due to people using multiple payment links. Could be wrong but I reckon the more times its said on here that its poor form the better. Maybe anyone who has 2+ ordered from HN will think twice and cancel the extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

Hi lads the brother got an email saying its confirmed but when I go into my smyths account. It doesn't show up? Any advice ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

Just out of curiosity, has anyone received a HN delay despite only ordering one console?

I didn't receive any delay email yet (only ordered one console) but reading the above about people making multiple orders makes me a little worried.

Advertisement