Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

People should call Currys out on social media. Name and shame them. Bad form.

Stop posting ****e. It's a thread for stock updates, not a witch hunt against staff who probably deserve to have one given the work they'll do over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭benny79

I

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

benny79 wrote: »
    I tweeted about it my Twitter handle is @BroncoClare lets blow it up boys and do wat us boardies do best...

Make fools of themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulboy99

Please leave the Currys staff alone. Most people would do the same for friends and family. I want one as a gift as much as the rest of ye and have no issue if that's why there were none on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DaveR1000

Semi stock related, got a disc one today in Argos Enniskillen (I'm from the Midlands), got a reservation through at 5am yesterday and seen a 2 pop up yesterday evening in Cookstown, I reckon reservations that expire get scanned back into the live system during the night or as couriers return stock to hubs etc. Was well worth the hassle of getting it in N.I ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭MvsC3

Lads wheres all the begging and mooching gone, I'd been working on a great story...bigger tear jerker than Marley and me

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jamjam86

Now this attitude is bad form, you have no proof of any wrong doing. Some staff genuinely didn’t know. Ppl getting very bitter they did not get what they wanted. If they have put online more would have got into hands of re sellers.
    It looks like they were told to only sell to people who really needed one ie judgement call at the time they were asked. I know my gf had to plead her case to get 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Jamjam86 wrote: »
    It looks like they were told to only sell to people who really needed one ie judgement call at the time they were asked. I know my gf had to plead her case to get 1.

Mate that's a cop out.... Because I'm not willing to beg my kid shouldn't get one? Its not x factor.

I was in Blanch at 9am and if they had them and weren't honest when I asked them then that's bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jamjam86

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Mate that's a cop out.... Because I'm not willing to beg my kid shouldn't get one? Its not x factor.

I was in Blanch at 9am and if they had them and weren't honest when I asked them then that's bullsh1t.

They didn’t have them until they got a delivery at 3, weren’t guaranteed.
    Anyway thanks everyone but I’m done, to much chat(myself included) and bitterness

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Can we hold off ****ting on the retail employess at the busiest shopping time of the year?

There's no proof that they are buying the consoles and even if they are, their money is just as good as yours and we've already seen numerous people on here buy/book multiple consoles.

Retail employees do this, of course they do, I've done this myself with Phone launches and I've seen it with the WII U & PS3 launch. I don't necessarily begrudge them, in some ways its a perk of the job but they definitely do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

So where do we think the next place to keep an eye on is? Or is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

IMO Argos, HN and Tesco for uncollected orders that go back on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Pipmae wrote: »
    IMO Argos, HN and Tesco for uncollected orders that go back on sale.

I'd add Smyths to that list too for pre orders that aren't collected from click and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 2020Con2020

How about power city and Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 1eyedcat

I got a PS5 in curries Carrickmines today, thanks for the info jamjam86 that’s my Christmas sorted don’t know why you’re getting so much stick over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 locksdown

I think people are raging if they had actually gone to stores, q'd in the cold/wet and asked staff (in my case 3 diff staff members) and they weren't given accurate info be it by ommission or otherwise... its not like currys pick up the phone to anyone actually ring to check...delighted some people got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Thought you got the console already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Curleytoe

Yeah keep eye on Powercity, tesco may have few left from their cancellation saga. I don't think currys will put what they have online. Maybe Harvey norman might do same as currys?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AddieCroke

Has anyone heard of or ordered off this site? It says you can pre order a disk edition

https://thegamesdept.com/sony-playStation-5

I'm just wondering is it legitimate

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

AddieCroke wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of or ordered off this site? It says you can pre order a disk edition

https://thegamesdept.com/sony-playStation-5

I'm just wondering is it legitimate

Thanks

No and going by the dates and the one review, if you receive it, it will be January sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 luke.cannon

Anyone that managed to secure a ps5 with littlewoods or smyths have any additional info on their order? I got one ordered and payed for from littlewoods but after following these threads for weeks now I knew about the last lot of mass cancelations from them so I went on the hunt again and got a pre order email from smyths after the last round, havnt heard anything from either since, smyths havnt taken the money yet either,

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Anyone that managed to secure a ps5 with littlewoods or smyths have any additional info on their order? I got one ordered and payed for from littlewoods but after following these threads for weeks now I knew about the last lot of mass cancelations from them so I went on the hunt again and got a pre order email from smyths after the last round, havnt heard anything from either since, smyths havnt taken the money yet either,

Smyths say on their website that preorders will be fulfilled on 18th December so I wouldn't expect to hear anything for another week or so. Smyths won't take the money until you collect it or the day it's shipped to you. I had a September preorder with Smyth with the very first batch and that's how it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Also in regards to argos I know the reserve link Is gone but its been gone for the xbox x console for a fair few days and they haven't gotten stock in in a while now unlike smyths which have managed to get some every few days, so not 100% sure will they get the ps5 in if they can't even get the xbox in unlike smyths can. I hope they for people still trying.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Also in regards to argos I know the reserve link Is gone but its been gone for the xbox x console for a fair few days and they haven't gotten stock in in a while now unlike smyths which have managed to get some every few days, so not 100% sure will they get the ps5 in if they can't even get the xbox in unlike smyths can. I hope they for people still trying.

Smyths and Gamestop seem to be granted the largest stock allocations in the country, that was the same back in September. Argos seem to have a smaller relationship with Sony in securing lots of stock.

I believe that switched it off because of the confusion of people getting reservation emails with no reservation number. The Argos rep said that yesterday they were flooded with calls of people asking about those fake reservation emails

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

So many people seem to be looking for a PS5 - Finding one , and then are back looking for one again? Either they are do gooders trying to help others or they see the money to be made and want as many as they can get. I commented today that i could have walked out of argos with mine and straight into CEX and sold it for 700 cash within seconds. Easy money!!

I really hope those that genuinely want one wether its for themselves or their kids, i sincerely hope you get one at cost pre Christmas!

It sucks that so many people are crying out for one and cannot get one while those with no interest in them are getting them and profiting from this!

I said this earlier also and i am not trying to diss the PS5 but having played it today! I am not as impressed as i expected and i have no idea what the hype was about. Aside from being impressively fast with load times etc its not drastically different from the PS4 PRO! Perhaps the gap will grow a little bigger in time with games taking advantage of the newer tech but right now i really do not get the hype. So for those dying for one because you have been led to believe its the greatest thing since slice bread........... its not! (just my opinion of course) I sincerely hope you get one but if you don't. Your not missing out on as much as you think.

If it wasnt for the young lad i would sell mine! Sadly he sees the hype and hears other kids talking about it etc so he thinks its the coolest thing ever to own one!

baalad wrote: »
    So many people seem to be looking for a PS5 - Finding one , and then are back looking for one again? Either they are do gooders trying to help others or they see the money to be made and want as many as they can get. I commented today that i could have walked out of argos with mine and straight into CEX and sold it for 700 cash within seconds. Easy money!!

I really hope those that genuinely want one wether its for themselves or their kids, i sincerely hope you get one at cost pre Christmas!

It sucks that so many people are crying out for one and cannot get one while those with no interest in them are getting them and profiting from this!

I said this earlier also and i am not trying to diss the PS5 but having played it today! I am not as impressed as i expected and i have no idea what the hype was about. Aside from being impressively fast with load times etc its not drastically different from the PS4 PRO! Perhaps the gap will grow a little bigger in time with games taking advantage of the newer tech but right now i really do not get the hype. So for those dying for one because you have been led to believe its the greatest thing since slice bread........... its not! (just my opinion of course) I sincerely hope you get one but if you don't. Your not missing out on as much as you think.

If it wasnt for the young lad i would sell mine! Sadly he sees the hype and hears other kids talking about it etc so he thinks its the coolest thing ever to own one!

It's not as big of a jump as the PS2 to the PS3 and unless you have the latest high end TV you're not going to fully get the most out of it this time, so people who don't have one aren't missing out, especially as they're still making the latest games for the PS4. After Christmas it will be a lot easier as the demand will drop. It's best to try to prepare kids for possibly waiting a few weeks after Christmas to get it by explaining to them in advance that it's hard to get, even for Santa. I remember my mum having to do that to me decades ago when the first Pokemon came out and it was just not possible to get it here so she had to get a friend in America to secure one for me. For older kids it might me time to tell them truths about santa so they'll understand the issue better. I remember back in 1996 when the very first PS came out how very easy it was to get one for Christmas, it's crazy how much has changed since then. I guess people have a lot more money than they did back then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

loughrey wrote: »
    Smyths and Gamestop seem to be granted the largest stock allocations in the country, that was the same back in September. Argos seem to have a smaller relationship with Sony in securing lots of stock.

I believe that switched it off because of the confusion of people getting reservation emails with no reservation number. The Argos rep said that yesterday they were flooded with calls of people asking about those fake reservation emails
    Yeah I honestly couldn't get that what so ever, with people not coping what the hell it meant and when people trying to explain it to them on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

You must be knee deep in consoles at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

oops - no chat thread :o

Advertisement