Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

It says on mine that: Condition: Used - Like New
    and
    The item will be sent in its original packaging. The packaging will be damaged

You see this?

Ya I just saw that. I presume if there's any major problem I'll just send it back. From what I've heard in the past with those descriptions they're usually ok, or it's usually just minor packaging scratches.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ghawks

Used from the warehouse I think.

Mine says the same... it also says:
    “ Der Artikel wird in der Originalverpackung zugestellt Die Verpackung wird beschädigt sein”

Which google translates to:
    “ The item will be delivered in the original packaging The packaging will be damaged”

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

ghawks wrote: »
    “ Der Artikel wird in der Originalverpackung zugestellt Die Verpackung wird beschädigt sein”

“ The item will be delivered in the original packaging The packaging will be damaged”

From Amazon website: A "like new" item sold on Amazon Warehouse is in perfect condition, but due to the condition of the packaging, it does not meet Amazon.co.uk standards for new product. Returned items with minor packaging defects are classified as "like new."

Sounds ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

AlexTG356 wrote: »
    Ya I just saw that. I presume if there's any major problem I'll just send it back. From what I've heard in the past with those descriptions they're usually ok, or it's usually just minor packaging scratches.

When I bought my PS4 through the warehouse, it was missing the outer sleeve of the packaging. Everything else was perfect with it. Amazon have decent customer service when it comes to the warehouse stuff and they have no issue sorting you out if there are any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭CapriciousOne

Yeah, just be careful as no manufacturer warranty with warehouse items afaik.

• Advertisement

Yeah, just be careful as no manufacturer warranty with warehouse items afaik.

Amazon still give you a year's warranty as far as I remember.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

touts wrote: »
    I see some of the twitter accounts that up to a couple of hours ago were saying Amazon would have stock this morning have deleted those tweets.

A good reminder that most of the Twitter rumours are 100% horse****.

The vast, vast majority of stock drops so far have happened a) without warning or b) with very, very clear times set by the retailer (eg Harvey Norman). They have not been leaked by some random Twitter user.

Take every ‘rumoured’ date with every pinch of salt you have nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ghawks

A good reminder that most of the Twitter rumours are 100% horse****.

The vast, vast majority of stock drops so far have happened a) without warning or b) with very, very clear times set by the retailer (eg Harvey Norman). They have not been leaked by some random Twitter user.

Take every ‘rumoured’ date with every pinch of salt you have nearby.

Except this time they were right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Except this time they were right

Yup from what I saw on the page only 3 consoles were available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Koycer

Hi,
    Has anyone who managed to purchase from Smyths on Sat morning received a dispatch email yet? Money for my pre-order was taken this morning but no other updates yet.

• Advertisement

Koycer wrote: »
    Hi,
    Has anyone who managed to purchase from Smyths on Sat morning received a dispatch email yet? Money for my pre-order was taken this morning but no other updates yet.

If you go over to the 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread, people are discussing it. Some have gotten them and some are still waiting. They are getting through them slowly and steadily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

touts wrote: »
    I see some of the twitter accounts that up to a couple of hours ago were saying Amazon would have stock this morning have deleted those tweets.

Aye, and as a result of those rumours I was up at half 6 this morning and I've already had a litre of coffee, 2 chocolate bars and a can of Pepsi to keep me going. Just finished my lunch now.

I was on and off Amazon all morning.

I'll f***ing sleep tonight, I tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Koycer

If you go over to the 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread, people are discussing it. Some have gotten them and some are still waiting. They are getting through them slowly and steadily.

Thanks a mil for the response and apologies for spamming - didn't realise there was another thread for this. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

Aye, and as a result of those rumours I was up at half 6 this morning and I've already had a litre of coffee, 2 chocolate bars and a can of Pepsi to keep me going. Just finished my lunch now.

I heard on twitter there's an amazon.fr drop at 1am.

only kidding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭recyclops

It says on mine that: Condition: Used - Like New
    and
    The item will be sent in its original packaging. The packaging will be damaged

You see this?

looks like you got an amazon warehouse console, chances are it was returned or took a knock in the warehouse. It will arrive like brand new Ive bought many a product at a discount on warehouse and never had an issue.

Now all we need Sony to do is cop on and get some digital out seen as the disc versions are popping up all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

don't fret over a return/warehouse damage.. I've bought a couple of things like that over the years and unless you're an obsessive box collector it'll be perfect.

Did you get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

By the way, I used an app called Telegram and a link provided from the boards ps5 discord and I was instantly alerted when the stock dropped.
    Ive not been charged yet and no dispatch date has been set yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Did you get sorted?

No. I got up at 6.30am to see if the rumours about Amazon were true, and they were nonsense in the end and my eyes are starin' out ma heid from tiredness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

By the way, I used an app called Telegram and a link provided from the boards ps5 discord and I was instantly alerted when the stock dropped.
    Ive not been charged yet and no dispatch date has been set yet.

Whats the link for the discord?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭joficeduns1

mathie wrote: »
    Whats the link for the discord?

https://discord.gg/t4eRVu8V

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ks_2020

Not sure how much use this will be to people but I just got an email about my game stop order saying I've been allocated one now. Not sure if it's due to others not paying or they got more in but anyone with a preorder (I ordered the morning of the 17th) keep an eye on your mails

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dankarl

Anyone recommend a good telegram account to follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

No word on Argos Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Non essential. Won't be sold during lockdown most probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 idzoni35

There is one ps5 on amazon Germany for €1200.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

RossieMan wrote: »
    Non essential. Won't be sold during lockdown most probably.

They're allowing click and collect on PS5 games and other gaming equipment so don't see why it would be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 david_Ly

loughrey wrote: »
    They're allowing click and collect on PS5 games and other gaming equipment so don't see why it would be an issue.

Argos definitely have stock just depends when they release it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,776 ✭✭✭✭klose

david_Ly wrote: »
    Argos definitely have stock just depends when they release it.

It's a funny one, I've seen people on the xbox thread saying they've been able to pick some up in dribs and drabs through argos during all this yet no ps5 in sight. So it can't be that they aren't allowed sell them because they are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Sullovan

Long time lurker first time poster. With all the BS and confusion going on at the minute it makes me appreciate the way DID handled it(where I got mine) 5 per shop first come first served. No forms no crashing websites no chance of over selling. Straight forward they arrive on Wednesday and we will have it for you on Thursday/Friday. Why would everyone not just do it like that?

Advertisement