Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Sullovan wrote: »
    Long time lurker first time poster. With all the BS and confusion going on at the minute it makes me appreciate the way DID handled it(where I got mine) 5 per shop first come first served. No forms no crashing websites no chance of over selling. Straight forward they arrive on Wednesday and we will have it for you on Thursday/Friday. Why would everyone not just do it like that?

Money. Greed. So long as scalpers purchase 200 consoles then that's all that matters to some of 'em

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Long time lurker first time poster. With all the BS and confusion going on at the minute it makes me appreciate the way DID handled it(where I got mine) 5 per shop first come first served. No forms no crashing websites no chance of over selling. Straight forward they arrive on Wednesday and we will have it for you on Thursday/Friday. Why would everyone not just do it like that?

Shops don't care who buys them so long as they get their money. It's like toys shops with toys that get scalped around Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭keithoh

Some ps5's on amazon.de again now

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭keithoh

• Registered Users Posts: 15 FowlBard109

Actually can't believe I just got order confirmation from the Amazon drop. Surely it can't be that easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 idzoni35

I got one in the basket and it went out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Sudden in store drops like DID and Currys did are irresponsible during a pandemic. Have a gander back at all the comments of people quite happy to break the covid restrictions to go queue up outside a shop with other people doing the same. I'm glad you got your PS5 but I don't think the way they handled it was ideal. Saw two of them go up on FB marketplace that evening ("Bought in DID, have receipt) over face value so wasn't really any better or worse for scalpers doing it that way.

Smyths seem to have had no problem with bots or scalpers since stock was around on site for 20 mins. Harvey Norman's form process was actually quite a smart way to beat the bots, it just wasn't communicated well so all it did was piss off the normal punters too. They then seem to have mucked up sending out the URLs so a bunch of people have seen delays, probably could have avoided that if they had only launched when they had the stock in hand instead of a week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sullovan

Sudden in store drops like DID and Currys did are irresponsible during a pandemic. Have a gander back at all the comments of people quite happy to break the covid restrictions to go queue up outside a shop with other people doing the same. I'm glad you got your PS5 but I don't think the way they handled it was ideal. Saw two of them go up on FB marketplace that evening ("Bought in DID, have receipt) over face value so wasn't really any better or worse for scalpers doing it that way.

Smyths seem to have had no problem with bots or scalpers since stock was around on site for 20 mins. Harvey Norman's form process was actually quite a smart way to beat the bots, it just wasn't communicated well so all it did was piss off the normal punters too. They then seem to have mucked up sending out the URLs so a bunch of people have seen delays, probably could have avoided that if they had only launched when they had the stock in hand instead of a week before.

As far as I know DID was done over the phone so there was not any queuing. Can’t blame a store for scalpers how could they possibly know what someone will do with the PS5. It was one per customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Managed to nab one from Amazon.de this morning. Money taken and delivery date of 11th Feb so I'm guessing its legit coming. Gutted I missed the Smyths drop Saturday but at least sorted now. Thanks to keithoh for the heads up and every one else from all the tips re discord etc. Now need to get my grubby mitts on a copy of Demon Souls and an Ireland lead.

skerry wrote: »
    Managed to nab one from Amazon.de this morning. Money taken and delivery date of 11th Feb so I'm guessing its legit coming. Gutted I missed the Smyths drop Saturday but at least sorted now. Thanks to keithoh for the heads up and every one else from all the tips re discord etc. Now need to get my grubby mitts on a copy of Demon Souls and an Ireland lead.
    demons souls is class :-) who needs other games eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

As far as I know DID was done over the phone so there was not any queuing. Can’t blame a store for scalpers how could they possibly know what someone will do with the PS5. It was one per customer.

Some people were saying that when they rang they were told they couldn't pay over the phone, it was first come first served to the counter.

The queueing comment was with respect to Currys

You're right about the scalpers, I was referring to someone else's post there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Rumors on twitter that Smyths will release the stock from the orders they cancelled in the next couple of days. Prob take with a pinch of salt..

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Actually can't believe I just got order confirmation from the Amazon drop. Surely it can't be that easy.

It is that easy. I got very lucky in the early days of this thread. Just went on to Amazon after a tip off in here, ordered it and had it five days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

idzoni35 wrote: »
    I got one in the basket and it went out of stock.

That happened to me in December. I was able to add to basket but no check out. I just kept trying and it eventually worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ghawks

skerry wrote: »

That’s weird, I ordered off Amazon.de yesterday and no money taken yet or delivery date given.

doubledown wrote: »
    That happened to me in December. I was able to add to basket but no check out. I just kept trying and it eventually worked.

Thats what happened to me this morning. Had a couple of failed efforts, getting it into basket and error coming up. Went through on third attempt.

ghawks wrote: »
    That’s weird, I ordered off Amazon.de yesterday and no money taken yet or delivery date given.

I think yesterday mornings were Warehouse orders? This morning were new listings so maybe coming from different warehouse or handled differently. Transaction is showing as pending on my account but money not taken, would imagine it'll be taken once shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Smyths were quick off the mark. Looks like my ps5 is being delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

ghawks wrote: »
    I contacted support and they said there is an issue with the delivery dates but they will be dispatched within 48 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ghawks

I contacted support and they said there is an issue with the delivery dates but they will be dispatched within 48 hours

Great thanks for that info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

I cancelled my GameStop preorder and they said I was actually never charged the €53.50 so there’s no refund to be gotten...low behold it’s not on any of my back statements! Is that correct? Was I wrong I thinking I was charged back in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

I cancelled my GameStop preorder and they said I was actuator never charged the €53.50 so there’s no refund to be gotten...low behold it’s not on any of my back statements! Is that correct? Was I wrong I thinking I was charged back in September?

Same happened to me. I did look at statements as far as September when I could swear I saw the transaction logged but cannot find it anywhere now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Some people were saying that when they rang they were told they couldn't pay over the phone, it was first come first served to the counter.

The queueing comment was with respect to Currys

You're right about the scalpers, I was referring to someone else's post there!

Pretty sure what currys are doing all over the country with the in store queues is completely against the restrictions. Just goes to show theres no enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Worst stock alert thread ever this one. Everyone just posting random crap that people have to wade through looking for actual stock alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Not trying to piss anyone off with chat but:

With DID I was told I couldn't pay over the phone and I had to pay instore by close of business that day, they would hold for me if I wanted.
    I wouldn't make the store so had to leave it go.

I was near the Naas Currys when they dropped but there was no point once again I wasn't going to wait in store during these times.
    Totally against restrictions and they should be told off for it.

Smyths have done the best drop with the silent drop on Sat and stock shipping yesterday/today.

Harvey Normans did the fairest at the time, but people not reading what they said pissed them off. Then with the f**k up of too many links sent out and not having the actual stock in their hands so waiting over a week was another kicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

EoinHef wrote: »
    Worst stock alert thread ever this one. Everyone just posting random crap that people have to wade through looking for actual stock alerts

there should be a thread entitled "PS5 Store-Availability Discussion" or something along those lines, so that people who are looking for a PS5, but want to have a conversation about it, could do so there. Sometimes our brains just urge us to converse about things without realising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Pretty sure what currys are doing all over the country with the in store queues is completely against the restrictions. Just goes to show theres no enforcement.

I'ts an absolute disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I placed my order on Amazon - 25 January 2021 and it still has not arrived ( I also paid for priority delivery too )

Anyone else order on the 25th have any issues ?

I'm finding this thread hard to follow. Is it possible to buy a PS5 yet? If so, where might I find one?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

What was the cost on amazon.de?
    It's showing up now but it's 1300euro plus 16euro delivery!

Advertisement