Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

I'm finding this thread hard to follow. Is it possible to buy a PS5 yet? If so, where might I find one?

Thanks.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

What was the cost on amazon.de?
    It's showing up now but it's 1300euro plus 16euro delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Ah i see it's not fulfilled by Amazon - comes up in "see buying options"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It's a scalper from Poland advertising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ghawks

I contacted support and they said there is an issue with the delivery dates but they will be dispatched within 48 hours

I just got this when I contacted them:
    “ I have gladly researched your inquiry regarding order #xxx - Sony PlayStation 5 and I can confirm that the item in question is currently not in stock with Amazon.de.

As soon as we receive the item from the supplier, we will dispatch the order to you immediately. However, the date of the re-stocking is still not known or available.
    We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.”

What you make of that? People ordered today and got a dispatch email but my order from yesterday isn’t in stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

ghawks wrote: »
    I just got this when I contacted them:
    “ I have gladly researched your inquiry regarding order #xxx - Sony PlayStation 5 and I can confirm that the item in question is currently not in stock with Amazon.de.

As soon as we receive the item from the supplier, we will dispatch the order to you immediately. However, the date of the re-stocking is still not known or available.
    We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.”

What you make of that? People ordered today and got a dispatch email but my order from yesterday isn’t in stock?

I had a similar conversation, the chat person said the same thing and I enquired about new stock going up this morning. I then reminded her that mine was from the warehouse and then she said that was a different story to new stock and I should be ok and that it should be dispatched soon. Don't know if I believe them tbh.

Also, I wonder should a new thread be set up for those of us who are in the bracket of a possible unsuccessful order as this thread should probably just be for stock updates and the other thread is solely for confirmed orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

523 with shipping. New from Amazon directly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

AlexTG356 wrote: »
    I had a similar conversation, the chat person said the same thing and I enquired about new stock going up this morning. I then reminded her that mine was from the warehouse and then she said that was a different story to new stock and I should be ok and that it should be dispatched soon. Don't know if I believe them tbh.

Also, I wonder should a new thread be set up for those of us who are in the bracket of a possible unsuccessful order as this thread should probably just be for stock updates and the other thread is solely for confirmed orders.
    I contacted them again (i have similar warehouse order) and they said that the order is secured and they are authenticated to take payment. But still no delivery time estimate. Im not fully confident this will work out but im hopeful.

Reati wrote: »
    523 with shipping. New from Amazon directly

It's gone now anyway - hope someone didn't buy that and it got removed :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ghawks

I contacted them again (i have similar warehouse order) and they said that the order is secured and they are authenticated to take payment. But still no delivery time estimate. Im not fully confident this will work out but im hopeful.
    Lucky you! It seems I was not so lucky, I got another reply from Amazon:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Amazon customer service.
    I understand the inconvenience that this may have caused so I immediately checked your order.
    As my colleague already mentioned the item in question is not currently in stock.
    When the system allows you to place an order, it means that the item is in stock.

If there are only few left in stock and more people order at the same time, the system still allows you to place the order.

However, after the process, when the order is placed, if the system cannot choose a warehouse the item should be sent from, it means that the item is actually out of stock and that others reserved it already.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

At the moment we are trying to find a more efficient way for the system to be updated faster, so that our customers have correct information when placing an order. There are items, especially at this time of year, that are very popular and sell out very quickly. However, rest assured we take care of this and are able to provide new batches in a timely manner.
    "

Long story short, don't assume because you got an order confirmation from Amazon they have the console. Looks like they oversold here.
    My search goes on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Eamonn00

ghawks wrote: »
    Lucky you! It seems I was not so lucky, I got another reply from Amazon:

I'm wondering if I'm in the same boat, having successfully (or so I thought) ordered one of the warehouse PS5 consoles from Amazon.de on Monday. This is the reply I received today after my own attempt to glean more information about delivery dates, etc:

"Since we had a lot of units ordered, we will need a bit time to process all of them.
    Your order is confirmed and fulfillment center will be soon assigned for this delivery.

To keep you fully informed on the progress of your order, we will send you an e-mail when we dispatch your order from our Fulfilment Centre, confirming the date, contents and method of delivery."

Now after reading your reply it seems possible I was just being fobbed off. It's bad enough that Amazon may have oversold their stock, but much more frustrating for me that customer service reps seemingly can't even sing from the same hymn sheet. All I want is to know is where I stand.

Onwards, once more into the (very tedious) breach.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭pj12332

So any new stock updates or news? All I'm seeing is people moaning about Amazon. Why don't you all pm eachother and leave the thread for new stock updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

pj12332 wrote:
    So any new stock updates or news? All I'm seeing is people moaning about Amazon. Why don't you all pm eachother and leave the thread for new stock updates?

Rumours smyths will release the cancelled stock from the drop on Saturday in next 48 hours. Might be BS tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭pj12332

Rumours smyths will release the cancelled stock from the drop on Saturday in next 48 hours. Might be BS tho.

Great will keep and eye. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Got to commend Smyths toys. I had no money in my bank Saturday morning, preordered and got a update your details within 24 hours email at 6am Monday morning. Lodged to the bank at 10am, paid and shipped at 20:55 Monday and delivered at 10am yesterday. Hopefully the rumours are true and good look to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fbfionabyrne

Sorry didn’t read back on all comments, Not sure if anyone had any luck with power city yesterday? A few people from Facebook have got lucky this way, through phoning or online chat. Not sure if there is still any left though

Sorry didn’t read back on all comments, Not sure if anyone had any luck with power city yesterday? A few people from Facebook have got lucky this way, through phoning or online chat. Not sure if there is still any left though

That's on their contact form

Thank you for contacting us. If your Query relates to Playstation 5 Sorry we are currently out of stock. All other queries will be responded to as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Regarding Monday's Amazon warehouse orders.
    I was in touch with Amazon again and this time they told me there is no stock for my order. So all I can do is leave the order open and hope some new ps5 warehouse stock comes in. To say Im annoyed is....an understatement. Back to the search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

100 euro disk version on Amazon UK. Does anyone at Amazon verify this nonsense? Or does Bezos make too little money to be able to afford proper checking systems?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MattC96

The_Brood wrote: »
    100 euro disk version on Amazon UK. Does anyone at Amazon verify this nonsense? Or does Bezos make too little money to be able to afford proper checking systems?

It’s a €10 PlayStation voucher. Some chancer trying to catch someone vulnerable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Eamonn00

Regarding Monday's Amazon warehouse orders.
    I was in touch with Amazon again and this time they told me there is no stock for my order. So all I can do is leave the order open and hope some new ps5 warehouse stock comes in. To say Im annoyed is....an understatement. Back to the search.

Ugh. ****ing hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Chaos in Japan (rare for Japan) as one shop had stock (link)

0_THP_CHP_010221Slug_11789JPG.jpg

Big Drop in Uk all shops mid February according to this
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/ps5-stock-today-s-update-for-argos-game-very-and-curry-s-as-sales-top-4million/ar-BB1dlRnG?li=AAwnS0s&ocid=iehp

Also -
    "CEX has also lowered their buy price for PS5s 12% as stock got more abundant."

And

"In a trading statement Sony has also reported selling more than 4.5million PS5 consoles since November 13, and aims to sell another 3million by the end of the fiscal year."
    Production limited by shortage of electronic components.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

The charging stations are in stock in both Gamestop and Smyths for anyone looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

GameStop Ireland have Digitals now! I don't need one but got one in cart before the site crashed, you might still get one. No link as on mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

GameStop Ireland have Digitals now! I don't need one but got one in cart before the site crashed, you might still get one. No link as on mobile

I can get in the cart but it all crashes after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The moment i got the notification, I nearly fell going downstairs. I have it in my basket as well - likewise I don't need it - it's the physical one I want. But there might be hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Good luck!

Website won't even open!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

I have one in the basket but it won't even let me proceed to checkout at the moment, I just get an empty GameStop page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

luciddream wrote: »
    I have one in the basket but it won't even let me proceed to checkout at the moment, I just get an empty GameStop page.

Scalpers getting there first, I'd say. That's my negative brain coming out again.

Advertisement