Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Thought I just bought one on gamestop, PayPal done and then it said I needed a coupon to purchase???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Thought I just bought one on gamestop, PayPal done and then it said I needed a coupon to purchase???

Gamestop are a joke of a company. Their stock price is sky high because of the ongoing short selling rebellion. But in reality they were being short sold because they are on the verge of bankruptcy. That hasn't changed. I"d be looking to get paypal to stop the transaction because long term they aren't a company I would want owing me either a refund or a promise of a PS5 sometime in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 la2021x

Argos Uk have put up a tweet to say the website will be down from 1am to 6am, not sure if it will even affect IE website, or whether or not it’s got anything to do with PS5, but might be worthwhile checking out if your still on the hunt considering the click and collect glitches were dated from the 4th of February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Neeson_01

My guess is that they're working through pre-orders. They probably need to add the consoles to the system to actually sell them, but sending out individual coupon codes to prevent new buyers from getting them before those who pre-ordered, something like Harvey Norman did? Total guess though but beats letting scalpers nab them

touts wrote: »
    Gamestop are a joke of a company. Their stock price is sky high because of the ongoing short selling rebellion. But in reality they were being short sold because they are on the verge of bankruptcy. That hasn't changed. I"d be looking to get paypal to stop the transaction because long term they aren't a company I would want owing me either a refund or a promise of a PS5 sometime in the future.

The PayPal payment didn't go through, no notification from them anyway!
    How do you get a coupon though??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,117 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You have had to preorder with GameStop. Think they stopped taking them the end of September b

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You have had to preorder with GameStop. Think they stopped taking them the end of September b

Oh i thought all the preorders were finished with and that anything that went up was for general sale now.....annoying how it let me go all the way with the checkout before saying that!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

You preorder back in september and wait 5 months thats how you get a voucher.
    Honestly your wasting your time with gamestop they have loads of unfulfilled orders as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Anyone have any hints for stock in Galway city? Asking for a friend whom I couldn’t redirect my Smyths order too because they wouldn’t change address on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Anyone have any hints for stock in Galway city? Asking for a friend whom I couldn’t redirect my Smyths order too because they wouldn’t change address on it :(

Why not just leave it at your address and then ship it to him in Galway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

'Used' on Amazon for 400. I passed it up because I have no feking clue how to tell what is legit and what is not. No one in their right mind would sell back their ps5 and for someone to sell it 100 euros off when people are paying over the top for ones right now. It just doesn't make a lick of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

The_Brood wrote: »
    'Used' on Amazon for 400. I passed it up because I have no feking clue how to tell what is legit and what is not. No one in their right mind would sell back their ps5 and for someone to sell it 100 euros off when people are paying over the top for ones right now. It just doesn't make a lick of sense.

I bought it without looking, it says from Amazon warehouse fulfilled my Amazon so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Sodmuffin wrote: »
    I bought it without looking, it says from Amazon warehouse fulfilled my Amazon so fingers crossed

Is that the one that is on sale on Amazon.de? It's still on sale or on sale again so I'd be wary if you think you have bought it.

Is that the one that is on sale on Amazon.de? It's still on sale or on sale again so I'd be wary if you think you have bought it.

Decided to cancel, after having one lost in transit it’s not worth the hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Anniearenyouok

Don't see it, says PS5 unavailable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Don't see it, says PS5 unavailable

Not gonna be there after 15 minutes. You have 2 minutes to get it if you're lucky enough to see it. Wouldn't be trusting pre owned at this stage, doesn't make sense to sell at such a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Bought a PS5 off Amazon UK last Monday set to be delivered today, contacted Amazon as it had not updated from when it was despatched on Saturday and was told my PS5 has been lost in transit!.

No biggie. You'll get it in the next two months anyway.

If it's from Amazon Warehouse its being shipped from Amazon as a customer return so you won't have issues. A great deal

RossieMan wrote: »
    Not gonna be there after 15 minutes. You have 2 minutes to get it if you're lucky enough to see it. Wouldn't be trusting pre owned at this stage, doesn't make sense to sell at such a price.

It does make sense with Amazon. They don't consider its resale value, they cut money off based on its used condition. I got an 800 LG Nanocell from it for 400 and it was in perfect condition. They have great deals and I've never had an issue

It’s back up on Amazon Germany

• Advertisement

It’s back up on Amazon Germany

Doesn't go into basket

david_Ly wrote: »
    No point spending that kinda money on a used ones

That's a great deal. It is just a customer return. 100 off just because the box was open is a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭recyclops

Yeah amazon warehouse used and Johnny off Facebook used are too very different things from my own experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Doesn't go into basket

aaaand it's gone

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Argos removed the option to "check stock " for the Ps5, even though its been like that since December and you don't actually get to reserve one.

Might mean they getting stock in and updating the page...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Argos removed the option to "check stock " for the Ps5, even though its been like that since December and you don't actually get to reserve one.

Might mean they getting stock in and updating the page...

Or their head was getting melted from people ringing the store saying they reserved it but hadn't got the reservation number in the generic email. People can't understand with Argos you need to get a reservation number in the email or text but the email they were getting from argos in regards to the ps5 was not giving them a reservation number. No reservation number means you don't have the item. If you read back on this thread the amount of people who couldn't cop this simple fact. So maybe easier for argos just to take the check stock down or you may be right they might be getting some in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Or their head was getting melted from people ringing the store saying they reserved it but hadn't got the reservation number in the generic email. People can't understand with Argos you need to get a reservation number in the email or text but the email they were getting from argos in regards to the ps5 was not giving them a reservation number.
    Well they could stop sending out emails that look exactly like a reservation email. That would eliminate 99% of the confusion. It's literally the worst system out there, that and having to check each store individually, what is this 1996?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Rulmeq wrote: »
    Well they could stop sending out emails that look exactly like a reservation email. That would eliminate 99% of the confusion. It's literally the worst system out there, that and having to check each store individually, what is this 1996?

Maybe this finally gave them the kick up the rear they needed to sort that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Has anyone heard of any rumoured drops soon? I've seen a couple of PS5 stock pages on Twitter saying that Tesco and Argos are holding back stock because of the current restrictions, I know to take that with a pinch of salt, but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

luciddream wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of any rumoured drops soon? I've seen a couple of PS5 stock pages on Twitter saying that Tesco and Argos are holding back stock because of the current restrictions, I know to take that with a pinch of salt, but still.

Id imagine that's true to be honest. Both are only selling essential items at the moment. Everywhere else got stock so you'd imagine they did too but don't want to do home delivery so will wait

Advertisement