Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virtual mastercard

• 04-12-2020 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

I am clueless about these so bare with me .If i have 3 different mastercards with small amounts how do you combine them to pay for a item online .

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Generally you can't do this with pre-paid cards (combine them). You can try ordering over the phone, where they might take multiple cards for payment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭cute geoge

What is stopping anyone combining 3 low value virtual mastercards to buy 1 item in any shop that takes mastercards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

cute geoge wrote: »
    What is stopping anyone combining 3 low value virtual mastercards to buy 1 item in any shop that takes mastercards

ye - you could do that if the shop was able to (and wanted to) do it. Some shops have tills and card transactions integrated so may or may not work, but others have them separate. However, each card transaction will cost the shop somethings so they may be reluctant to not be messing around.

Also - your thread title said "virtual" mastercard - did you mean a prepay card and have a physical card, or is it a number and details only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

km991148 wrote: »
    Some shops have tills and card transactions integrated so may or may not work, but others have them separate.

+1 most shops can split a transaction into two payments because they'd often get people with the likes of a One for All card which has some credit on it but not enough to cover the purchase so they're prepared to accept cash or CC for the balance. But expecting them to spread one purchase over three CC payments might be a challenge.

Not saying it's impossible but I'd avoid trying it with a queue behind me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've done this before in Woodies with 3 separate OneForAll cards with small amounts left on them plus the balance via Google Pay! I did deliberately choose a quiet time to do it though.

Not sure how you'd be able to do something like that online though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,136 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You could load them on to Amazon account to give one total, £1 is the lowest denomination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭kalych

Easiest way i found was to add these cards to your PayPal account and then transfer the remaining balance on them to your wife/gf/bf/friends PayPal. From there their total balances can be directly deposited into any bank account. Takes a few days obviously to clear.

Advertisement