Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl closed in Farranree today

Options
  • 05-12-2020 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Passed the Lidl beside the Éir exchange in Farranree this afternoon and it looked to be closed and deserted other than security. Anyone know what happened? It was open this morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

thejuggler wrote: »
    Passed the Lidl beside the Éir exchange in Farranree this afternoon and it looked to be closed and deserted other than security. Anyone know what happened? It was open this morning.

Power cut. Everyone was asked to leave their shopping and exit

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

RINO87 wrote: »
    Power cut. Everyone was asked to leave their shopping and exit

I wonder was much stuff nicked if the cctv was down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

Her good self was there when it happened said it was calm enough.

That does remind me of a hilarious failed theft attempt at the start of covid. A chap with a hat and face mask (when they were not really a thing yet) started filling his trolley with middle aisle goodies, tried to leg it out the entrance with the trolley when he saw the gap, but the wheels locked going out the exit, sending him flying over his trolley of swag!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Any CCTV installation worth its salt would be backed up by a UPS ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Any CCTV installation worth its salt would be backed up by a UPS ;)

Sorry - whats that!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Advertisement