Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Services

Options
  • 05-12-2020 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭

This morning I tried to pay Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) with my BOI Mastercard, but in three attempts I failed to enter the correct PIN.  I then used my KBC debit card.  The reason I forgot my Mastercard PIN is it is years since I tried to use a credit card in a "shop".  Now the card is blocked ("please call card services").  When I call card services - a lengthy affair selecting numerous options, and finally entered my 16 digit credit card - I am told they only operate Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00.  Is this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

This morning I tried to pay Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) with my BOI Mastercard, but in three attempts I failed to enter the correct PIN.  I then used my KBC debit card.  The reason I forgot my Mastercard PIN is it is years since I tried to use a credit card in a "shop".  Now the card is blocked ("please call card services").  When I call card services - a lengthy affair selecting numerous options, and finally entered my 16 digit credit card - I am told they only operate Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00.  Is this true?
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

In line with Government and HSE guidance to curtail Covid-19 and social distancing guidelines we have temporarily reduced the number of customer service advisers in our Contact Centres and our hours have changed to 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. There is no change to services for Fraud and Lost and Stolen Cards which remain 24/7. 

If you contact our Credit Card Services Team this morning they can re-issue your card PIN by post. Alternatively, you can access your card PIN online when logged on to Card Care. For more information or to register for this service, please see here.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement