Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

card payments to online vendors

Options
  • 05-12-2020 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    Over the past three weeks I have tried with intermittent success to pay for services to online traders. I have called card services and been transferred to security services on at least six occasions to have my personal debit, credit and business debit cards unlocked because payment to the vendors have been blocked, even after I was assured payments to the vendors would not be blocked in future. Last night, same again. This is costing my business and personal finances, so please tell me how I can have a satisfactory payment process to these vendors that actually works when I need it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

kdry wrote: »
    Hi,
    Over the past three weeks I have tried with intermittent success to pay for services to online traders. I have called card services and been transferred to security services on at least six occasions to have my personal debit, credit and business debit cards unlocked because payment to the vendors have been blocked, even after I was assured payments to the vendors would not be blocked in future. Last night, same again. This is costing my business and personal finances, so please tell me how I can have a satisfactory payment process to these vendors that actually works when I need it?
    Thanks
    Morning kdry,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear you have had difficulty using your card online. When a card transaction triggers a security check, our Card Security Team will issue a text or email to the card holder asking if they recognise the transaction and to reply with Yes or No. The card is restricted until a reply is received. As card payments are monitored 24/7 to protect against fraud, we would be unable to guarantee that a card will not be restricted in the future and apologies if you told this. 

When you called our colleagues did they check if your up to date mobile number and email address are on file? 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kdry

Hi Tara,
    Thansk for the reply.
    I have gottent the texts where you reply using yes, or now, but still the issue happens. At the last denied transaction I received no texts, just the message from BOI to contact them.
    Is there some way to whitelist the vendors, so the transactions go smoothyl?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

kdry wrote: »
    Hi Tara,
    Thansk for the reply.
    I have gottent the texts where you reply using yes, or now, but still the issue happens. At the last denied transaction I received no texts, just the message from BOI to contact them.
    Is there some way to whitelist the vendors, so the transactions go smoothyl?

Thanks.
    Thanks for getting back to us kdry. Our fraud monitoring system doesn't just go by vendor name and as this relates to security checks, we'd be unable to go into any detail on this. If you contact our card security team on 0818200370 they may be able to offer advice specific to the transactions you're making. 

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement