Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you trust Parcel Motel With a frame/bike

Options
  • 05-12-2020 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I found a frame set I really want online in the UK , I can make a nice saving on shipping if I use parcel motel. As far as I know an post size restrictions wouldn't allow it but with parcel Motel I can pick it up at the depot.

Thing is parcel Motel have lost a stem on me even after sending me a photo of it received in their depot and miss also delivered another persons parcel to me before.

Their terms and conditions If I read it correctly state that they only refund up to €100 of anything lost or stolen.

Might be harder to lose a larger box so I wanted to check if cyclists here use them with confidence when ordering larger expensive items frames etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You can pay on the website to temporarily increase the upper insurance limit.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭hesker

Hi ,

I found a frame set I really want online in the UK , I can make a nice saving on shipping if I use parcel motel. As far as I know an post size restrictions wouldn't allow it but with parcel Motel I can pick it up at the depot.

Thing is parcel Motel have lost a stem on me even after sending me a photo of it received in their depot and miss also delivered another persons parcel to me before.

Their terms and conditions If I read it correctly state that they only refund up to €100 of anything lost or stolen.

Might be harder to lose a larger so I wanted to check if cyclists here use them with confidence when ordering larger expensive items frames etc?
    You can take out additional insurance with them but it’s limited.

I had a bike delivered by them earlier this year. No problems and great value vs UK courier.

I think they have a restriction on parcel sizes at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

hesker wrote: »
    I think they have a restriction on parcel sizes at the moment though.

Yes, they'll refuse any oversize items that won't fit in the standard lockers plus they've increased their price on standard delivery from €3.95 to €4.50.
    I've used them a lot in the past and for a number of oversized items but have jumped ship to Parcel Wizard for the past few weeks and what's left of their service which ceases 11-Dec.

Could be in trouble trying to get a post forwarding service now. AddressPal seems to be the only one with plans in situ for a hard Brexit with all deliveries now having to be sent to your home address and a credit card on file for customs charges and fees. I've had a nightmare with AddressPal previously with complaints lodged separately to AnPost so I avoid if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Yes, they'll refuse any oversize items that won't fit in the standard lockers plus they've increased their price on standard delivery from €3.95 to €4.50.

So they are not doing the parcel motel XL service anymore then ? The one where they keep oversized stuff in local depot for you to collect ? It seems to be up and running if you go by their website.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

So they are not doing the parcel motel XL service anymore then ? The one where they keep oversized stuff in local depot for you to collect ? It seems to be up and running if you go by their website.

Don’t think so. An email went out about it before the Christmas rush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Have you looked at addresspal home delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Have you looked at addresspal home delivery?

Thanks I didn't consider that , that suits me much better cheers!

The box is 110 x 20 x 65 , weight 8kg

so going by the formula on the an post website

Length + Girth: max 300cm
    To calculate Girth: 2 x (Depth + Width)

2 x (20+65) + 110 = 170 + 110 = 280

So I should get it delivered for €9.49.

Advertisement