Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual tracker

Options
  • 05-12-2020 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Our club want to hold a mileage event in 2021 and would like entrants to virtually run around the coast of Ireland. I did a sponsored cycle for the Alzheimer's society in the summer and cycled locally but it appeared on a map on a pre-plotted route Malin to Mizen. This is what we'd like to do but, as we don't want the onus to be on entrants to raise sponsorship, just pay an entry fee, the platform of idonate that was used isn't suitable.

Any recommendations of an app that we could use? I currently have a trial mission running with myvirtualmission, the reviews aren't great and I currently can't log into it, so maybe they're right.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

muddypaws wrote: »
    Our club want to hold a mileage event in 2021 and would like entrants to virtually run around the coast of Ireland. I did a sponsored cycle for the Alzheimer's society in the summer and cycled locally but it appeared on a map on a pre-plotted route Malin to Mizen. This is what we'd like to do but, as we don't want the onus to be on entrants to raise sponsorship, just pay an entry fee, the platform of idonate that was used isn't suitable.

Any recommendations of an app that we could use? I currently have a trial mission running with myvirtualmission, the reviews aren't great and I currently can't log into it, so maybe they're right.

Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe contact Dublin Marathon people - their app did what you describe, mapping virtual runs onto the traditional DCM route.

Advertisement