Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What is the best way to get cat. C, D, C+E, D+E and CPC?

Options
  • 05-12-2020 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

What is the best way to get Cat. C, D, CE, DE and CPC
    I'm trying to find the steps to get my C+D, CE+DE, and CPC license. What will be my fastest route? Right now I passed Step 1. The Driver Truck and Bus theory test. Do I need to do Step 2 CPC case study for truck and CPC case study Bus or I need to do only one? For example if I pass Step 2 CPC case study truck and then I pass the practical test and walkaround test for truck I get full Cat C license and CPC for Rigid Truck and then I pass the practical test for buses, I'm I getting CPC for buses automatically or I need to do CPC case study for Bus and walkaround test for bus? Same questions when I want to get C+E and D+E. DO I need to do E for truck and E for Bus? It's confusing if you want to do C and D in the same time. Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Do stage 2 cpc case studies for both truck then do case studies for bus. They are separate licences and thus both must be done.

If you plan on doing all of this very quickly then

Do the bus practical and driving test first,
    Then go do the rigid test and practical
    Then put in for the full licences for rigid and bus and at the same time as handing in those forms, hand in the C+E learner permit form.
    Then with that learner licence go do your driving test and apply for full licence.

That will give you everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 neobrio

And for cat. E (articulated) how you will proceed? Do you need one for Bus and one for Truck? What are the steps? Thank you for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

neobrio wrote: »
    And for cat. E (articulated) how you will proceed? Do you need one for Bus and one for Truck? What are the steps? Thank you for your help!

Do as above and you will obtain E even on bus

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

You can do the C (Rigid truck) and D (bus) simultaneously as one is not dependent on the other (assuming you're over 21 yoa).

Then do the CE (artic) and you'll get the DE with it.

Ok. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cav93

I have started this also, so I have my C and D cpc1 and theory done, with the test that incorporates both bus and truck. So what should be my next step? CPC 2 or get the learner permit and start lessons. Also do I need a medical cert for the learner permit application. I'm 27

Yes you can apply for the learner permit if you passed theory test and yes you need a medical examination from your GP.

Advertisement