Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Scotland match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭4Ad

He was def in touch..
    Stop whingeing O Mahoney..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Why is POM arguing he was clearly in touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Had Peter at 33/1 to score the last try.... So close absolutely millimeters in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Why kick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

World Rugby really need to do something about the length of time it takes for a penalty to be taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Its so mental that Stockdale at his size seems so allergic to getting walloped when going up to catch. Should be clearing house and posterizing the opposition player.

I just cannot figure him out
    He's either brainless or cowardly

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Henshaw is a lowlife, didn't want Earls to get the hat trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Loved Pom glaring at the whitewash utter contempt 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Great kick by Ross Byrne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

4Ad wrote: »
    He was def in touch..
    Stop whingeing O Mahoney..

You’ll have to forgive him for not having the luxury of a different angle replay that you do.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

In fairness to POM I’d never let it go either. He’d never score a try like that again

Doris deserved that

Thick from Murray

Why are we not using the bench earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭crossman47

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Doris deserved that

No. Had to be Earls. How many two try players have we.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Hogg is such a petulant shíthead, dragged Keenan along there unnecessarily.

Job done.

Big for Farrell under the circumstances

crossman47 wrote: »
    No. Had to be Earls. How many two try players have we.

Doris was the one getting us going forward to create the space for scores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Stockdale doesn't know how to pass the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

sioda wrote: »

You didn't watch last week's game then.

sioda wrote: »

He could do with passing a bit more alright. The kick against Georgia last week when we had a 2 on 1 being a prime example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭eigrod

Patches of the good, the bad & the ugly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭crossman47

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Doris was the one getting us going forward to create the space for scores

Maybe but they have to be scored. Lenihan is a typical forward. POM must also have been in running. He was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭StevenToast

That is the minimum required

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

Good performance overall. Great performances in particular by O'Mahoney, Doris, Murray and Earls.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Decent finish to the competition for Ireland. Apart from the first quarter they were not too troubled today, mainly due to excellent defense....one Herring brain fart aside.

In attack its still a bit turgid in the middle third of the field. I still fancy us when we get within 10 meters, it's getting from our 22 to that were there problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

Mixed bag of a game, but overall much more positive than anything else we've seen this autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

"Yet again we have been cheated out of a game in Dublin.

The only way you can get any decisions is if you're 100% better than them, when it's fine margins we are always done over."

Sums up the Glasgow Warriors forum...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Doris is class

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Good, only a dead leg for johnny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭accensi0n

O'sullivan was good.

Doris is like a likeable version of Heaslip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

A dead leg, where the waaaaaambulance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Not very convincing. Scotland were fairly poor and Ireland weren't much better for a large part of the game. First half was terrible.

Improved in the second half and did the job but performance is just too inconsistent to give any confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Get many dead legs playing test rugby, have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

This constant taking the ball into collisions with no thought of an offload will always see Ireland struggling to beat the stronger teams. If there is no speed then everything is very predictable and easy to defend for the Tier1 teams

• Advertisement

Ha ha, nice and curt from Sexton there but good that he's backing the team and camp.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Hogg is such a petulant shíthead, dragged Keenan along there unnecessarily.

They're all petulant and needlessly aggressive at times.

Hogg is a great player, has been a revelatory captain for Scotland and is a world class lion.

I have no idea why people dislike him - incredibly talented and comes across a decent enough chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

They're all petulant and needlessly aggressive at times.

Hogg is a great player, has been a revelatory captain for Scotland and is a world class lion.

I have no idea why people dislike him - incredibly talented and comes across a decent enough chap.

They're not all petulant and needlessly aggressive though, or at least not all as bad for it. Hogg reminds me of Liam Williams. He's got a chip on his shoulder and will too often take any opportunity to be a bit of a dick.

Great player but not very likeable.

There it is folks, the most embarrassing and unaware post of the day.

Sexton is to Irish rugby what Martin Johnson was to English rugby. He's one of the toughest and most competitive players ever to wear green.

I mean this in the nicest possible way but grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Jury is out on Stockdale still at 15… hopefully he'll rip it up for Ulster at 15 over the next couple of months.

That backrow has a good balance to it.

Very worrying if Sexton is not around or on form. To a lesser extent Murray too, I wonder will Craig Casey be #2 by the time 6 Nations rolls around.

Healy is very lucky Killer has been injured, 1 is a bit of a worry. As is 2. Porter is doing a fine job.

What's going on with James Ryan?

Earls is evergreen. Keenan is bedding in nicely. What now for Conway?

Midfield partnership is still a bit open if Ringrose is out but great to see Henshaw back to his best (bar passing off his left as usual!)

I don't share the negativity on here about Farrell, have been a bit bemused by the levels of it. Six Nations will tell a lot I guess.

Lots to work on but lots to be positive about today.

Edit: sort the lineout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

After 137 games against Scotland & giving them a 14-1 start, Ireland have finally drawn level in the series. It’s 66-all now, with 5 draws

First country of the original 5 nations/tri nations we could actually have positive win record against

leakyboots wrote: »
    Jury is out on Stockdale still at 15… hopefully he'll rip it up for Ulster at 15 over the next couple of months.

That backrow has a good balance to it.

Very worrying if Sexton is not around or on form. To a lesser extent Murray too, I wonder will Craig Casey be #2 by the time 6 Nations rolls around.

Healy is very lucky Killer has been injured, 1 is a bit of a worry. As is 2. Porter is doing a fine job.

What's going on with James Ryan?

Earls is evergreen. Keenan is bedding in nicely. What now for Conway?

Midfield partnership is still a bit open if Ringrose is out but great to see Henshaw back to his best (bar passing off his left as usual!)

I don't share the negativity on here about Farrell, have been a bit bemused by the levels of it. Six Nations will tell a lot I guess.

Lots to work on but lots to be positive about today.

Edit: sort the lineout

If Sexton is out I think Burns, if fit, has definitely earned the jersey. Personally I think he's been one of the real positives of this tournament from an Irish POV.

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    They're not all petulant and needlessly aggressive though,.

Not all - generally just the best ones. Conor Murray there at the end twice kicking the ball away on Scotland is a fine example (albeit got penalised by the ref).

Teams that are angry and frustrated are generally not composed and effective.

It's a part of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

There it is folks, the most embarrassing and unaware post of the day.

Sexton is to Irish rugby what Martin Johnson was to English rugby. He's one of the toughest and most competitive players ever to wear green.

I mean this in the nicest possible way but grow up.

judging by the ancient "waaambulance" reference from over a decade ago, they're already embarrassingly too old to be posting ****e like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Great player but is a dick when he hits the pitch. Petulant and gets involved when he should walk away. As another poster says he's in the Liam Williams mould of a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

If Sexton is out I think Burns, if fit, has definitely earned the jersey. Personally I think he's been one of the real positives of this tournament from an Irish POV.

He has, I agree. But we really know very little about Burns internationally. He looks like a better bet than Ross Byrne.

Eddie O Sullivan sticking the boot into Scotland, brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

leakyboots wrote: »
    He has, I agree. But we really know very little about Burns internationally. He looks like a better bet than Ross Byrne.

Eddie O Sullivan sticking the boot into Scotland, brilliant!

I was loving the comments from Eddie there about Scotland but then had a thought that Eddies comments could be applied to Ireland in a world cup as well.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,842 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Much better second half from Ireland after a pretty average (at best) first half.

That will ease a bit of pressure on the coaching team, but there are still plenty of unanswered questions. The 6Ns will tell us what we need to know.

We need a second playmaker in the backline, whether in the midfield or at 15, otherwise it is too obvious that everything comes through Sexton. Ringrose, alone, would make a big difference.

Not sure who won Man of the match...sorry player of the match...but Doris is quickly becoming a key player for us. POM reminded us of what he is about too.

If we get Leavy back at his best and Ringrose and maybe another playmaker in the backs we can make progress in 2021.

Probably time to move on from Stockdale at 15 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭briandebum

Good performance but I fear we're becoming flat track bullies, good enough to outmuscle Scotland & Wales but shown up when we can't physically overwhelm the bigger sides. I don't think Farrell has moved our style of play on at all from the Schmidt era and we need a bit more guile in our play if we're to challenge France & England.

I'd hope by the time the 6 nations comes around that Healy will be given a chance to back up Sexton at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tommybojangles

After 137 games against Scotland & giving them a 14-1 start, Ireland have finally drawn level in the series. It’s 66-all now, with 5 draws

First country of the original 5 nations/tri nations we could actually have positive win record against

Nice stat! Just need 13 wins in a row now to catch Wales. In fairness it does show how much our fortunes have turned around this millennium.

• Advertisement
Advertisement