Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers

Options
  • 05-12-2020 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭

Bit of a headache for me this week in terms of who's on my bench

But sticking with my plan of KDB out. Salah in for a captaincy against Fulham

Will give me

Mahrez Jota Salah Ziyech
    Bamford Vardy DCL

Grealish is there to but not sure who to start him over. Maybe Mahrez or Ziyech

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Was thinking about ditching KDB for Salah and then reverse it the following gameweek but Kevin thrives on the big matches.

I’ll more than likely keep Kev for the Derby and instead get rid of Ziyech and Vardy for Salah and a cheap striker. That’ll be for a hit but I’ll captain Salah to lessen the blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Bit of a headache for me this week in terms of who's on my bench

But sticking with my plan of KDB out. Salah in for a captaincy against Fulham

Will give me

Mahrez Jota Salah Ziyech
    Bamford Vardy DCL

Grealish is there to but not sure who to start him over. Maybe Mahrez or Ziyech

I know you said it a few weeks back, but I think getting rid of KdB now with the run of games he has is a big risk, Mahrez is more of a rotation risk. I would nearly look at Ziyech and Marhez out to Fund Salah, especially if your thinking of benching Ziyech.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Was thinking about ditching KDB for Salah and then reverse it the following gameweek but Kevin thrives on the big matches.

I’ll more than likely keep Kev for the Derby and instead get rid of Ziyech and Vardy for Salah and a cheap striker. That’ll be for a hit but I’ll captain Salah to lessen the blow.

Similar situation, would need a -4 to get Salah in and that would be Ziyech & Vardy to Salah & Bamford.
    Or I could just save the transfer and captain Jota. Tough choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Gonna do Son and Robertson out to get KDB in. Would have 5m to spend on defender - any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I know you said it a few weeks back, but I think getting rid of KdB now with the run of games he has is a big risk, Mahrez is more of a rotation risk. I would nearly look at Ziyech and Marhez out to Fund Salah, especially if your thinking of benching Ziyech.

Yeh I'm just not sure if it covers a -4 this week which is my fear.

I can do Ziyech and Mahrez to Salah and Anguissa.

So I suppose in terms of seeing if a -4 is covered does

Salah(C) KDB (-4)
    V
    Salah(C) Mahrez

On the assumption I benched Ziyech. I don't know if KDB covers that -4 over Mahrez/Ziyech :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think my Torres punt is at an end, easy switch for Jota before Fulham

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Thinking of Cancelo to Dias. Or bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

KDB looking to be on the way to another rise and looking to be fairly essential going forward. Any opinions on taking a -4 to switch Ziyech and Kane to KDB and Calvert-Lewin? Would give me a midfield of KDB, Salah, Son, Jota and Fernandes with 0.6mill in the bank to try improve my defense next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

macraignil wrote: »
    KDB looking to be on the way to another rise and looking to be fairly essential going forward. Any opinions on taking a -4 to switch Ziyech and Kane to KDB and Calvert-Lewin? Would give me a midfield of KDB, Salah, Son, Jota and Fernandes with 0.6mill in the bank to try improve my defense next week.

I thinking of dumping DCL and Sterling for Watkins and Salah -4

If I were you would get Watkins/Welbeck/Adams

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

I thinking of dumping DCL and Sterling for Watkins and Salah -4

If I were you would get Watkins/Welbeck/Adams

Why dump DCL, he has been very consistent, focal point of every attack?

Who are your other attackers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

macraignil wrote: »
    KDB looking to be on the way to another rise and looking to be fairly essential going forward.
    I watched the game today and it put me off KDB oddly. City aren't ticking at all, those gaes last year they'd be winning 4-0, 5-0, even 8-0 last season. KDB still hasn't scored from play this season. If that was Bruno people would be talking about stat-padding.

I love KDB, but I'm not in a rush to get him in this season. Currently have Salah, Son, Bruno and Grealish and there's none of them I think KDB is going to outscore (at least not when you add in the money)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

DCL - only 2 blanks all season and all that for 8 million quid. Sure where would you be going

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I have just enough wonga to do
    Ziyech to Salah
    Kane to Wilson
    Cancelo to TAA for a -4.

Leaves me with

KDB - Salah - Bruno - Grealish- Soucek

— Wilson - DCL

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rikand wrote: »
    DCL - only 2 blanks all season and all that for 8 million quid. Sure where would you be going

It's not that he's not consistent, it's that he cost near 2m more than other players who are just as consistent and possible better value for their price tag now, and it enables folk to get maybe Salah, Bruno and KdB instead of just two of them for instance. If you consider Wilson for instance he's had 3 double digit scores so far this season, which is more than DCL, and cost 1.5m cheaper. Wilson has played 9 games and is only 11 points behind DCL who has played all 11 games....

Burnley shipped 5 v city, yet DCL and Everton only managed 1 goal. With Digne out, will DCL get as many chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I have just enough wonga to do Ziyech to Salah Kane to Wilson Cancelo to TAA for a -4.

Is Trent almost back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Is Trent almost back?

Ya he’s back in full training. Might not start tomorrow night but presumably won’t be too far away by next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

One thing I would recommend. If you are looking at moves and have the cash to suffer a price rise or two then wait as long as you can with current situations. Forget the prices of you can afford it. If not take the chance but people are getting burnt trying to save 0.1/0.2 all my sums have been done assuming worst case of buying Salah at 12.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Is there a chance Newcastle get another postponed game? Would make me wary of bringing in Wilson cos of that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Martial and ziyech gone, wilson and captain America in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I watched the game today and it put me off KDB oddly. City aren't ticking at all, those gaes last year they'd be winning 4-0, 5-0, even 8-0 last season. KDB still hasn't scored from play this season. If that was Bruno people would be talking about stat-padding.

I love KDB, but I'm not in a rush to get him in this season. Currently have Salah, Son, Bruno and Grealish and there's none of them I think KDB is going to outscore (at least not when you add in the money)

Ziyech injury means KDB is very likely to score more than him over the next few weeks and the downgrade that makes the most sense to me to allow the funds is Kane to DCL so -4 taken. Not in a good OR and progress has been slowing over the last few weeks so think the hit is needed to get my season back on track.

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »

Yeah I might have to review my idea of getting rid of him gw13/14

Martial and ziyech gone, wilson and captain America in

Brave getting Wilson because of Newcastle covid etc?

Brave doing it so early. Will absolutely do it later in the week though.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Brave doing it so early. Will absolutely do it later in the week though.

Wilson is a good pick though VAR pens double gameweeks plus any good play goes through him. I have a decision to make whether to keep DCL for this difficult spell. Or cash in DCL who I got at 7 and get Mr Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Salah & Bamford for Vardy & Ziyech

Hit taken.

I keep getting sidetracked & making moves I hadn’t planned.

Will role gw12 however way it lands now

Wilson is a good pick though VAR pens double gameweeks plus any good play goes through him. I have a decision to make whether to keep DCL for this difficult spell. Or cash in DCL who I got at 7 and get Mr Wilson.

I'll be getting him. He is an excellent striker, if they score he's involved. Same return as some of the "premium" strikers right now.

It will be Ziyech and vardy out for me, with Salah and Wilson in for a second hit in a row but it worked well this week.

Will have kdb Vs Bruno in my midfield tho

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Could be a silly move but you’d expect them to put a team out, and martial was boiling my piss.

Could be a silly move but you’d expect them to put a team out, and martial was boiling my piss.

Aw well if ya had martial I can't blame you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Cavani out here. Was only a one week punt anyway. Would have got either Wilson or Ings if available
    Might do that this week. We'll see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

titan18 wrote: »
    Is there a chance Newcastle get another postponed game? Would make me wary of bringing in Wilson cos of that

"It’s even above the Premier League - it’s down to the medical people." according to Bilic

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-covid-west-brom-19406809

Advertisement