Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Morzadec wrote: »
    I like the -8, it's a long term move so fully justified. Bamford is just terrific value that can score in every game. I'm likely taking a -8 myself

I'd maybe consider Neto over JWP as funds now become tighter and tighter.

Yeah, not sold on JWP.

Another option (but I lose Kane) is Ziyech, Kane and Brewster to Salah, Bamford and Watkins for -8. I’m tempted...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Does anyone know if Wilson is good to go this weekend?

It seems he returned to training this week but can't see anything definite.

It's either himself of Watkins for me I think....would prefer Wilson I think even in Covid hit Newcastle team

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Feck it did a -8 to get Salah

Robertson to Dallas
    Mahrez to Salah
    Werner to Wilson

Have KDB, Bruno and Salah now

How do you feel about downgrading Robertson?
    I’m thinking of it next week to fit in ings.

Or:

Torres -> Mane
    Werner -> Bamford

0 ITB

Selling Werner would make me cry if he scored big, but Mane's more sexy than Salah and Vardy has a better fixture?

I'd go this route, to be honest. Much better overall chances of bigger scores, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Benimar wrote: »
    Yeah, not sold on JWP.

Another option (but I lose Kane) is Ziyech, Kane and Brewster to Salah, Bamford and Watkins for -8. I’m tempted...

Personally I prefer your initial choice.

I'm going to have to stick with DCL, but I do think with Digne and JAmes out he will blank against a tight Chelsea defence and then he has some other tough fixture. Kane could haul against Palace. I don't have Kane fwiw.

I found a little hidden gem, Alioski (4.4) at Leeds. Got 3 bonus in their clean sheet vs Arsenal, plays left back so gets forward, very impressive Xg and Xa and got goals and assist last season. Think he might have hit the post in the last game? Some nice fixtures coming up.

I think I might now do Jesus, Ziyech, Telles (3 very punty picks in hindsight) out for Bamford, Salah and Alioski.

Play Jota and hope he starts, if not a decent bench option in Alioski to play.

I think I prefer this because having a 4.4 defender in that slot is a good move long term, whereas my other option of Jota out for Gross and Neto are very much players I would be bringing in just because they're the only ones I can afford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Any recommendations for a transfer here, or will I bank? Wilson in for Jesus? Leaning towards banking...

Salah KDB Son Mahrez
    Jesus Vardy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be worried about any Newcastle player. Bruce said they are missing a bunch of players, so i suspect they'll have a massively weakened team.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    How do you feel about downgrading Robertson?

I am sorry to let go of him, especially before a plum fixture but I just think the extra 2.5 million will be better off invested in the midfield. Leeds have a good run and have been picking up clean sheets against the bottom half team so hoping Dallas will be an adequate replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Ros1234

Morzadec wrote: »
    Personally I prefer your initial choice.

I'm going to have to stick with DCL, but I do think with Digne and JAmes out he will blank against a tight Chelsea defence and then he has some other tough fixture. Kane could haul against Palace. I don't have Kane fwiw.

I found a little hidden gem, Alioski (4.4) at Leeds. Got 3 bonus in their clean sheet vs Arsenal, plays left back so gets forward, very impressive Xg and Xa and got goals and assist last season. Think he might have hit the post in the last game? Some nice fixtures coming up.

I think I might now do Jesus, Ziyech, Telles (3 very punty picks in hindsight) out for Bamford, Salah and Alioski.

Play Jota and hope he starts, if not a decent bench option in Alioski to play.

I think I prefer this because having a 4.4 defender in that slot is a good move long term, whereas my other option of Jota out for Gross and Neto are very much players I would be bringing in just because they're the only ones I can afford

Burnley's Taylor is 4.4, ever present and they usually put a run together at some stage, fixtures look good enough too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Wilson is good to go this weekend?

It seems he returned to training this week but can't see anything definite.

It's either himself of Watkins for me I think....would prefer Wilson I think even in Covid hit Newcastle team

Although no confirmation, the fact he's been training and concrete photos of him, I'd be pretty confident he plays. That said, if I had him (which I do) I'd play him but I wouldn't transfer him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Although no confirmation, the fact he's been training and concrete photos of him, I'd be pretty confident he plays. That said, if I had him (which I do) I'd play him but I wouldn't transfer him in.

Cheers....I went with Wellbeck in the end...I have to admit he's not a player I ever envisaged in my squad but it's been that kinda year.

The extra money makes Grealish easier to get to next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Would you sell DCL now for Bamford for -4

OR

next GW sell Chillwell > James and DCL to Ings, for -4

?

I feel bad about owning DCL when half of Everton team is decimated and strong Chelsea team come to town.... with james rodriguez being out i feel even worse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Pick two to start out of Bellerin (Burnley H)
    Cresswell (Leeds A)
    KWP (Sheffield United H)

Thanks for any thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Cresswell (Leeds A)
    KWP (Sheffield United H)

Thanks for any thoughts.

KWP for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Cresswell (Leeds A)
    KWP (Sheffield United H)

Thanks for any thoughts.

the 2 home players

Cresswell (Leeds A)
    KWP (Sheffield United H)

Thanks for any thoughts.

Bellerin and KWP for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Have a front 8 of
    Jota salah Zaha mahrez son
    Dcl kane wilson
    Leaning towards grealish for mahrez as j want grealish in my team. Don't think mahrez scores big against united? Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭sheriff2

Have a front 8 of
    Dcl kane wilson
    Leaning towards grealish for mahrez as j want grealish in my team. Don't think mahrez scores big against united? Thoughts?

Whats the rest of your team?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

sheriff2 wrote: »
    Whats the rest of your team?
    Mccarthy meslier
    Veltman, Taylor, kwp, kilman, ayling

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Have a front 8 of
    Dcl kane wilson

That’s what i would do if I was in your shoes.
    Grealish is a much better fpl pick imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ziyech --> Salah
    DCL ---> Bamford
    Cancelo --> Taylor

All for a -4

Go hard or go home.

KBD -- Salah (C) -- Grealish -- Bruno -- Soucek

Kane -- Bamford

Ziyech --> Salah
    DCL ---> Bamford
    Cancelo --> Taylor

All for a -4

Go hard or go home.

KBD -- Salah (C) -- Grealish -- Bruno -- Soucek

Kane -- Bamford

Think I'm gonna bring in Bamford too actually. Nice fixtures and I want him eventually. Jesus out. Yes, he could haul vs. West Brom but I don't like living in fear with Aguero coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is Jota supposed to be injured?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

siblers wrote: »
    Is Jota supposed to be injured?

A knock, will be assessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Gonna do:

Torres -> Salah
    Vardy -> Bamford

Keep it simple, cover the bases. Vardy could explode but I can't hold him longterm, and it'd be worse Salah exploded and I didn't bring him back. Plus Bamford could do damage!

As per usual, I still have the WC to use :pac:

Ended up doing this. Salah is just more important than Mane due to ownership and price. Yes I know, it's boring.

I'm doing reasonably well, compared to the past few years, but Werner is my one indulgence. I'll be right about him yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Wilson in and captain. Have to take an occasional chance

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

spent most of the week planning anything up to a -8, but just can't pull trigger in selling Vardy and having Brewster in my team - will see how this weekend goes. could be a disaster but at least next GW rolls round fast.

Like to start the GW with only 1 player at home (Vardy) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Wilson in and captain. Have to take an occasional chance

Wilson in for Jesus and captained too. It looks like he's been prolific enough against the weaker teams so far this season with his blanks only really coming against the perceived stronger teams.

Plus I've no Salah.

Was 0.1 short. So Mane in for Mahrez for a -4. He's due a haul. It'd be sweet if he somehow manages to outscore Salah this weekend but it's a punt really.

Had brought Mahrez and Jesus in for a -4 last week. They're both gone again for a -4. I'm glad I'm not being stubborn and know I made a mistake. Especially with Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Very annoying Mane is 12.0. Can't justify it as much as I'd like to gamble on him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ended up doing this. Salah is just more important than Mane due to ownership and price. Yes I know, it's boring.

I'm doing reasonably well, compared to the past few years, but Werner is my one indulgence. I'll be right about him yet :pac:

I had Werner but like a plonker sold him 24 hours before he delivered with that hat trick. I want to get some Chelsea forward back in but Im going to wait to see is it him or Pulisic who might be back this weekend. Lampard hasnt yet settled on who is playing where either.

Advertisement