Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Tusky wrote: »
    Gonna do Son and Robertson out to get KDB in. Would have 5m to spend on defender - any ideas?

A villa one, newcastle one or Taylor Burnley. Lamptey if you do not have him is fun to own.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Could be a silly move but you’d expect them to put a team out, and martial was boiling my piss.

Oh if it was Martial I understand annoying player to own, marginally more annoying than Vardy.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Just took my first ever -4, Ziyech & Kilman(doesnt play) to Bruno and N williams(doesn't play). Will have to do without De Bruyne.

Now watch Bruno get injured during the week 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

bantee wrote: »
    Similar situation, would need a -4 to get Salah in and that would be Ziyech & Vardy to Salah & Bamford.
    Or I could just save the transfer and captain Jota. Tough choice.

Think my hand is forced here, will go with the -4 plan, not ideal with Vardy home to Brighton next week but needs must.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Son, Vardy and Fernandes out, KDB, Salah and either Wilson or Bamford in next week for a -4 hit i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Considering either Ziyech/Werner to Salah/Welbeck or Ziyech/Vardy to Salah/Wilson.

Gives a strong front 8 though and possible bench headaches:

KdB Grealish Jota Salah Son
    DCL Werner Wilson

Alternative is downgrade Son to a 4.5/5m mid and upgrade defence. See how today's games play out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭eggy81

I’ve a front 8 of Bruno, Kdb mahrez klich and grealish in midfield and Werner dcl and Watkins up front. Would the advice be to just straight swap to jota from mahrez or maybe bring in Wilson for Werner and take a hit to get salah in for mahrez. Not sure what to do transfer wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Need to get Salah back... Ziyech injury makes him the logical swap but will need to downgrade Vardy to afford it.

Vardy to Wilson, Bamford or Watkins?

Am leaning towards Wilson... but I have no idea why!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

COH wrote: »
    Need to get Salah back... Ziyech injury makes him the logical swap but will need to downgrade Vardy to afford it.

Vardy to Wilson, Bamford or Watkins?

Am leaning towards Wilson... but I have no idea why!

I'm doing Wilson because I have bamford. And Wilson is an excellent player in general. Might have to go tonight though if you're short of cash. I'm going to have to take a hit second week in a row to do it but I can't go another week without Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

After the rotation and Covid this week and the inevitable Covid and rotation to come over Christmas, I'm gonna bulk up my squad with another starter

Torres/Delap out
    Soucek/Wilson in

Think I prefer Wilson to Bamford. Is there anything much to differentiate them?
    1. Very similar points (Bamford 3 more with an extra game played).
    2. 8 goals/2 assists V 7 goals/3 assists.
    3. Both teams on 14 points.
    4. Both teams score similar - 4 goals in last 4 games, 6 in last 6.
    5. Both as nailed on as you get.

I'm leaning to Wilson as...
    • Wilson better upcoming fixtures (Fulham and West Brom at home in next 3)
    • Wilson on penalties.
    • Wilson lower ownership.
    The onyl worry beign any Covid hangover or potential of more games being rescheduled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    After the rotation and Covid this week and the inevitable Covid and rotation to come over Christmas, I'm gonna bulk up my squad with another starter

Torres/Delap out
    Soucek/Wilson in

Think I prefer Wilson to Bamford. Is there anything much to differentiate them?
    1. Very similar points (Bamford 3 more with an extra game played).
    2. 8 goals/2 assists V 7 goals/3 assists.
    3. Both teams on 14 points.
    4. Both teams score similar - 4 goals in last 4 games, 6 in last 6.
    5. Both as nailed on as you get.

I'm leaning to Wilson as...
    • Wilson better upcoming fixtures (Fulham and West Brom at home in next 3)
    • Wilson on penalties.
    • Wilson lower ownership.
    The onyl worry beign any Covid hangover or potential of more games being rescheduled.

Wilson better player too. I wouldn't say Bamford is undroppable either. He gets an insane number of chances though. If Leeds had Wilson they'd be dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Seems like a straight shoot-out between Kane & Salah for my team. Could move Bruno on I suppose but he could badly hurt as everybody has him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Well thats made my mind up anyway. Vardy/Ziyech > Salah/Wilson done for yet another -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I need a replacement for Kilman in the 4.5 region

May do Bruno to Salah for a hit but not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Need to move ziyech on but struggling for a replacement,don't like zaha fixtures,or hamez,jota is appealing and would leave me over a million in bank but he probably starts midweek and might miss out again next weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

siblers wrote: »
    I need a replacement for Kilman in the 4.5 region

May do Bruno to Salah for a hit but not sure

Thinking of Dallas myself, Bertrand out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

dsmythy wrote: »
    Wilson better player too. I wouldn't say Bamford is undroppable either. He gets an insane number of chances though. If Leeds had Wilson they'd be dangerous.

Thanks, the potential future double game week is another in the Wilson column

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ffs now gonna have to get Salah back in right!?

Really don't wanna have to sell Grelish KDB or Bruno though. Jota is only one but would have to pull my team apart.

Really need to sort my bench out though I've only got a keeper basically ha.

Dunno how **** gonna do it.

How does the Newcastle covid situation look? News reports are not that positive. Maybe a plan to go with Watkins until Newcastle are playing for definite again. Although if Wilson hits his target tonight I may move and just play a 5 man midfield with Bissouma next week if I have to.

EDIT: I wanted to wait but Salah and Wilson rising and ziyech dropping. 0.3 swing would price me out of my moves for next few weeks.

Edited again as realised it was very vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Have just enough money to buy Wilson but he is rising tonight. If Newcastle don't play i could be without a sub. If they do play i won't be able to afford him later in the week. Opinion anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Kane or Salah is a fecking difficult choice.

Could also do KDB to him. Need to take a -4 no matter the choice though

titan18 wrote: »
    Kane or Salah is a fecking difficult choice

Ya I’m actually thinking of getting rid of Grealish now instead. Means I will have Brewster, Soucek & a 5million MF. But also KDB, Salah, Bruno, Kane, DCL

Ya I’m actually thinking of getting rid of Grealish now instead. Means I will have Brewster, Soucek & a 5million MF. But also KDB, Salah, Bruno, Kane, DCL

I tried working out how to do that and I likely need to take a -12 to do it and end up with a bunch of **** players.

I'm going to wait. Want Wilson but buying him with the news not being clear seems silly. 0.2 is a small price to pay to be sure that he will actually have a game. He's easy to get in a few weeks if needed. Patience.

Just did Kane and Ziyech to Wilson and Salah for the -4. Not sure I'm a fan of it. If I could reverse the last few weeks of transfers. Damn covid positives to Salah and Zaha a few weeks ago really screwed my team up

Just did Kane and Ziyech to Wilson and Salah for the -4. Not sure I'm a fan of it. If I could reverse the last few weeks of transfers. Damn covid positives to Salah and Zaha a few weeks ago really screwed my team up

The Newcastle game is far from confirmed on Friday though? In fact I can find nothing other than a standard tweet from Newcastle saying they are playing next week. I don't think they are training together yet.

Kane or Salah is a fecking difficult choice.

Could also do KDB to him. Need to take a -4 no matter the choice though

I think this is an insanely obvious choice to be honest with you.

Was going to move on Sterling + DCL -> Salah + Wilson, but now waiting news on Newcastle's fixtures.

Also wanting to see if Luke Shaw is back for United, if Telles plays midweek v Leipzig and Shaw doesn't, I might assume Shaw plays in a back 5 for United v City. If Telles does play and Shaw is back, Telles may not play vs City.

Could go Telles + Sterling -> Salah + Cheaper defender.

I guess I'm going to not take the +0.1m on Salah tonight, potentially another 0.1 on him during the week also. I don't feel it is worth the risk of injuries to the rest of my side happening, especially given I have a poor bench.

I think this is an insanely obvious choice to be honest with you.

Well let’s hear it?!

• Advertisement

Was going to move on Sterling + DCL -> Salah + Wilson, but now waiting news on Newcastle's fixtures.

Also wanting to see if Luke Shaw is back for United, if Telles plays midweek v Leipzig and Shaw doesn't, I might assume Shaw plays in a back 5 for United v City. If Telles does play and Shaw is back, Telles may not play vs City.

Could go Telles + Sterling -> Salah + Cheaper defender.

I guess I'm going to not take the +0.1m on Salah tonight, potentially another 0.1 on him during the week also. I don't feel it is worth the risk of injuries to the rest of my side happening, especially given I have a poor bench.

Well there's nothing worse than making the transfer earlier and having an injury. Wilson is due to rise as well but I've made peace with it. A -4 to get a striker who's not confirmed yet is madness for the sake of 0.2.

Advertisement