Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

No rise for Salah !

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

There are some strong midfield optipns i have been considering in the run up to xmas and this week is probably key to recovering some lost poinys
    Zaha and Salah are two players I almost defo need in the squad but am gping to struggle to make space for.
    Current line up
    Mount
    Chilwell Zouma Bellerin
    Son Mane Jota Mahrez
    Bamford Kane DCL
    With 0.5 ITB

Any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    There are some strong midfield optipns i have been considering in the run up to xmas and this week is probably key to recovering some lost poinys
    Zaha and Salah are two players I almost defo need in the squad but am gping to struggle to make space for.
    Current line up
    Mount
    Chilwell Zouma Bellerin
    Son Mane Jota Mahrez
    Bamford Kane DCL
    With 0.5 ITB

Any suggestions

Kane to Wilson, mahrez to kdb. Everyone fawning over kane again today but he had more touches in his box than arsenal's despite his haul. Once they start playing teams that sit in and defend it could change for spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looks like a -8 to get Salah back in if I want to keep Bruno and KDB. Werner and Robertson would have to be sacrificed.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

In a bit of a pickle in terms of how to get Salah back in. Injuries have screwed me big time the past few weeks. In hindsight, it was also definitely a mistake getting Sterling in a few weeks ago, even though he did well last week. Should have gotten KDB.

Martinez

Chilwell Ayling Coufal KWP Cancelo

Grealish Son Sterling Fernandez Soucek

Vardy Bamford DCL

ITB 0.6

Sterling & Cancelo -> Salah and 4.5/5 mil defender. Then shift Vardy next week to somehow fund KDB :confused: Thoughts? Really don't want to be taking hits, but it is what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Could be a silly move but you’d expect them to put a team out, and martial was boiling my piss.

Owned Martial for a few weeks at the start of the season thinking he would get off to a stormer but no he was awful, very frustrating playing to own
    titan18 wrote: »
    Just did Kane and Ziyech to Wilson and Salah for the -4. Not sure I'm a fan of it. If I could reverse the last few weeks of transfers. Damn covid positives to Salah and Zaha a few weeks ago really screwed my team up

With Covid stuff I think its best to wait late in the day before making decisions, eg most of last week reports said Zaha was out for the weekend then suddenly Friday he was going to play and on Saturday he hauls 15 points. Covid is not like a normal injury, things can change fast with a negative test.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Owned Martial for a few weeks at the start of the season thinking he would get off to a stormer but no he was awful, very frustrating playing to own

With Covid stuff I think its best to wait late in the day before making decisions, eg most of last week reports said Zaha was out for the weekend then suddenly Friday he was going to play and on Saturday he hauls 15 points. Covid is not like a normal injury, things can change fast with a negative test.

Ya, I'd agree but with Ziyech dropping and Salah and Wilson both down to rise (although Salah didn't), felt I had to. Tight enough with money as it is if I want to try and bring Grealish or Zaha back in over the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ya, I'd agree but with Ziyech dropping and Salah and Wilson both down to rise (although Salah didn't), felt I had to. Tight enough with money as it is if I want to try and bring Grealish or Zaha back in over the next few weeks

31 of Zaha's 72 points came against promoted (and soon to be relegated) teams playing with 10 men.

I don't see him as a must/want own

Son - Double digit hauls in 6 of 11 games
    Bruno - Double digit hauls in 5 of 10 games

Not sure why people are in such a rush to get Salah/KDB in if they don't have these cheaper players in first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Shedite27 wrote: »
    31 of Zaha's 72 points came against promoted (and soon to be relegated) teams playing with 10 men.

I don't see him as a must/want own

4th most PPG then though behind Son, Salah and Kane and he's a lot cheaper than all of them, and won't have as much rotation risk over him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Son - Double digit hauls in 6 of 11 games
    Bruno - Double digit hauls in 5 of 10 games

Not sure why people are in such a rush to get Salah/KDB in if they don't have these cheaper players in first.

From watching the game yesterday, Son/Kane took the two chance they took - they were clinical.

From watching the city game, KdB could/should have had a 25+ score - which for captains and TC would have been huge. That's the difference between Son/KdB - City create way more chances than Spurs.

Some people have Kane and happy to go with him instead of Son as well.

Finally it's all about timing, getting on and off at the right stop, Salah/KdB could have 6 double digit hauls in the next 10/11 games. It's what happens going forward that we care about really not what's already happened. How often will spurs play against high lines and against teams where players just walk off the pitch and leave wide open spaces?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

My Grealish/Kane to Mahrez/Jesus for a -4 really didn't pay off last week. I'll be lucky if I don't slip outside the top 200k

Likely be shipping 1 if not both out again. Other team fires will have to wait I think.

Anyone want to convince me one of them is worth keeping?

Salah is coming into midfield this week for one of Mahrez, Bruno or Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

4th most PPG then though behind Son, Salah and Kane and he's a lot cheaper than all of them, and won't have as much rotation risk over him.

He has a tougher set of fixtures now though with Spurs, Liverpool and Leicester in next 5. I do think you are right about rotation risk though. Christmas is like Russian roulette wity bigger teams but Zaha will surely start all games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

siblers wrote: »
    I need a replacement for Kilman in the 4.5 region

May do Bruno to Salah for a hit but not sure

Would getting smacked for 4 against Liverpool give him a chance of getting back in? I still have him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

My Grealish/Kane to Mahrez/Jesus for a -4 really didn't pay off last week. I'll be lucky if I don't slip outside the top 200k

Likely be shipping 1 if not both out again. Other team fires will have to wait I think.

Anyone want to convince me one of them is worth keeping?

Salah is coming into midfield this week for one of Mahrez, Bruno or Son.

I don't have either but Mahrez gets more minutes than Jesus so if i was shipping one it would be Jesus. Having said that Mahrez has 49 points (33 of them in 2 games) to Son's 100 and Bruno's 80 so if a mid has to go I'd say Mahrez.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Newcastle - WBA is in danger of being postponed now.

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1335907433731006466

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I was planning on DCL -> Wilson, but might hold off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

For **** sake. If it's cancelled, I will need to transfer Wilson out, which means I will have used my last two transfers on him and he will have played 0 minutes.

Jesus Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Fitz* wrote: »

No Wilson for 2 weeks in a row and no GK. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Ugh not good. I do think that FA wont mess around anymore, if Newcastle unable to fit WBA then 3 points awarded to WBA end of.

I am a proud wilson owner so do hope it goes ahead

• Advertisement

You would hope they could move it out to midweek and just let Newcastle deal with not being able to fully prepare for it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,267 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Feckin hell. Yet Wilson is rising in price :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

You would hope they could move it out to midweek and just let Newcastle deal with not being able to fully prepare for it

There are midweek league games next week, so thats a non runner

Benimar wrote: »
    There are midweek league games next week, so thats a non runner

Bollocks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ugh not good. I do think that FA wont mess around anymore, if Newcastle unable to fit WBA then 3 points awarded to WBA end of.

I am a proud wilson owner so do hope it goes ahead

There is zero chance the FA will give a walkover.

Villa v Newcastle and Newcastle v WBA are easy to reschedule.

Fitz* wrote: »

Read his second tweet, "NUFC players are being tested again today & it is hoped they can return to training ground tomorrow"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

gammygils wrote: »
    Feckin hell. Yet Wilson is rising in price :confused:

Wilson is a top top quality player. FPL managers recognize that and almost buy him in advance if you will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

2 FT this week

Taughts on below
    Foden Werner Vardy out
    KDB Bamford Watkins IN

Leave front line like this
    Grealish Salah Bruno KDB(Mendy)
    DCL Bamford Watkins

Watkins has tasty fixtures as does KDB

Leaves 1.4 in the bank to upgrade a defender for next GW

Taughts???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

For **** sake. If it's cancelled, I will need to transfer Wilson out, which means I will have used my last two transfers on him and he will have played 0 minutes.

Jesus Christ

I’ll lose wilson and my 2 GK’s
    Disaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    2 FT this week

Taughts on below
    Foden Werner Vardy out
    KDB Bamford Watkins IN

Leave front line like this
    Grealish Salah Bruno KDB(Mendy)
    DCL Bamford Watkins

Watkins has tasty fixtures as does KDB

Leaves 1.4 in the bank to upgrade a defender for next GW

Taughts???

Solid transfers, maybe see how Welbeck gets on tonight - might be decent alternative to Watkins. Adams from Southampton another alternative.

Advertisement