Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    2 FT this week

Taughts on below
    Foden Werner Vardy out
    KDB Bamford Watkins IN

Leave front line like this
    Grealish Salah Bruno KDB(Mendy)
    DCL Bamford Watkins

Watkins has tasty fixtures as does KDB

Leaves 1.4 in the bank to upgrade a defender for next GW

Taughts???

I always say the Villa double attack is a trap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

So Newcastle v Leeds in jeopardy also. No point getting Bamford either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

From 12:15 today

Newcastle United are aiming to return to their Benton base on Tuesday as they look to resume training after last week's Covid-19 crisis.

Toon players were told on Monday that they must continue preparations for the game with West Bromwich Albion at their homes and work from individual workout programmes assigned by coaching staff.

But after another round of Covid tests on Monday morning, Newcastle chiefs are hopeful that it will "game on" against the Baggies and that training can restart on Tuesday morning.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-transfers-takeover-covid-live-19354911

I d say it will go ahead but I wonder how fit NUFC players will be with so much time sitting at home.

Wilson price rise was epic though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    2 FT this week

Taughts on below
    Foden Werner Vardy out
    KDB Bamford Watkins IN

Leave front line like this
    Grealish Salah Bruno KDB(Mendy)
    DCL Bamford Watkins

Watkins has tasty fixtures as does KDB

Leaves 1.4 in the bank to upgrade a defender for next GW

Taughts???

I’ve had the same last week and this week.
    Well slightly different this week as I had to swap Watkins for Adams with Newcastle and villa called off.

Its worked out well although I sold Kane and son to fund it and they haven’t let up! Werner could get a big haul soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Benimar wrote: »
    There are midweek league games next week, so thats a non runner

It'd be feasible enough to push the Newcastle game back to Sunday or even Monday and then push the following West Brom and Newcastle games to Wednesday or Thursday.

At the latest, you could do

Newcastle - West Brom - Monday

City - West Brom and Leeds - Newcastle move to Thursday night

Newcastle - Fulham moves to Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Ugh not good. I do think that FA wont mess around anymore, if Newcastle unable to fit WBA then 3 points awarded to WBA end of.

I am a proud wilson owner so do hope it goes ahead

It was part of the reason why I brought Johnstone in last gameweek thinking if Newcastle v West Brom was called off could be another double gameweek player.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Have Newcastle made a balls or is this a sign of the winter period I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Ings on the bench for saints.. 8.3.. surely worth keeping an eye on in weeks ahead and could be a great differential

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

Am I right in thinking that Neco Williams wont be starting for Liverpool now that trent is back ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

spindex wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that Neco Williams wont be starting for Liverpool now that trent is back ?

I'm in between 2 minds myself.

I think Trent will start one of the CL game or Fulham and play for 60 and play 30 in the other with view it building up fitness to start the full 90 against Spurs in GW13.

Depending on who does the press conference tomorrow, you might know if he is starting that game or not but at the latest Wednesday night you should know.

I'm leaning towards Neco starts CL and Trent plays 30 before Trent gets 70 ish against Fulham (depending on how the game is playing out of course) atm.

Managers will always say next game only but there is definitely one eye on Spurs given the importance of the game, and having the best 11 in the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ryan to McCarthy and back again the following week

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Ings on the bench for saints.. 8.3.. surely worth keeping an eye on in weeks ahead and could be a great differential

Ah yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

This whole Salah business is driving me mental.

The only way I can get him in without totally screwing up my team is by Taking out Jota and Kane and bringing in Salah himself and Bamford for a -4.

Kane has been scoring points all season but I just know if I leave Salah out im gonna get ****ed. Dunno what to do ffs :pac: I originally had Son and Kane and now id be left with neither which seems crazy!

Basically, if I was to make these moves I would have the following.

Mc Carthy / Martinez

Lamptey / Chillwell / Robertson

Grealish / Salah / Bruno / KDB

Calvert-Lewin / Bamford / Wilson

Bissouma / Mitchell / Dunne on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Ryan to McCarthy and back again the following week

Sounds like a waste of transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Very happy with my team with De Bruyne, Son and Salah in it but Ziyech is now out for a few weeks so looking at options on who to replace him? Popular choice would be Jota but I'm just not confident he'll start every game

Any other options I could look at with clubs who have good fixtures ahead?

Very happy with my team with De Bruyne, Son and Salah in it but Ziyech is now out for a few weeks so looking at options on who to replace him? Popular choice would be Jota but I'm just not confident he'll start every game

Any other options I could look at with clubs who have good fixtures ahead?

Have you got Grealish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

dsmythy wrote: »
    Have Newcastle made a balls or is this a sign of the winter period I wonder.

All you need is one false negative as how often are players tested - once a week - maybe twice? but if you test negative, but actually positive, you could easily infect large numbers of people in aa bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Just realised I have enough cash for Vardy to ings and ziyech to Salah. But I have 3 Southampton players already ffs. Forster as my sub keeper. Dunno if it's worth a -8 as I don't like the look of any of the other forward options with Wilson not certain yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Just realised I have enough cash for Vardy to ings and ziyech to Salah. But I have 3 Southampton players already ffs. Forster as my sub keeper. Dunno if it's worth a -8 as I don't like the look of any of the other forward options with Wilson not certain yet.

I'm right in saying that if I have bamford then Watkins is the best option after Wilson?

Getting itchy fingers but I am going to wait. 2.4m in the bank I have a good surplus, I cant get priced out.

munster87 wrote: »
    Sounds like a waste of transfers

Yeah it is to be honest, but very little fires in my team.

Other would be Lamptey and Mitchell to Lewis and Target to cover the Christmas fixtures and rotation

In a bit of a bind with attacking players, happy with them and have gained too much value on all but Salah to switcheroo

• Advertisement

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I'm right in saying that if I have bamford then Watkins is the best option after Wilson?

Getting itchy fingers but I am going to wait. 2.4m in the bank I have a good surplus, I cant get priced out.

Yes Bamford, Wilson, Watkins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Newcastle players back training today

Is everyone who's selling Kane and Son planning on going long term without or is it mainly for the good fixtures of Salah and KDB? About to sell Kane now and just feels wrong haha.

siblers wrote: »
    Newcastle players back training today

Yesssss Wilson big haul coming.

Could be Bilic's last game also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is everyone who's selling Kane and Son planning on going long term without or is it mainly for the good fixtures of Salah and KDB? About to sell Kane now and just feels wrong haha.

Regarding Kane, i think it was easier for those of us that got rid of him before last GW, as his form wasn't great - in the 5 GW's previous (GW's 6-10) - he had 2 goals and 2 assist - and this from a 11m player. And looking at his fixtures going into last weekend, they weren't great in comparison to others.

Bamford had 4 goals over the same period and is 5m cheaper.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Regarding Kane, I think it was easier for those of us that got rid of him before last GW, as his form wasn't great - in the 5 GW's previous (GW's 6-10) - he had 2 goals and 2 assist - and this from a 11m player. And looking at his fixtures going into last weekend, they weren't great in comparison to others.

Bamford had 4 goals over the same period and is 5m cheaper.

True but fear is still there haha.

Anyway, Kane and Jota to Bamford and Salah done!

True but fear is still there haha.

I d be very worried without Kane vs Palace.

we are looking at 4 - 0 or 5 - 0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Waiting on the Newcastle news means I'm now getting Wilson in for Jesus.

Unfortunately, Salah going up last night has me .1 short for him now. I'm thinking I might get Jota now as a gamble just to have some pool cover. If he starts he has a very good chance of scoring. But not as convinced its worth a -4.

The question is, is Jota worth a -4 gamble? Otherwise I need to ship Bruno or Son for Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭eggy81

Is a straight swap from dcl to Wilson a decent idea for this week. What do ye reckon. Chelsea look solid.

• Advertisement

Waiting on the Newcastle news means I'm now getting Wilson in for Jesus.

Unfortunately, Salah going up last night has me .1 short for him now. I'm thinking I might get Jota now as a gamble just to have some pool cover. If he starts he has a very good chance of scoring. But not as convinced its worth a -4.

The question is, is Jota worth a -4 gamble? Otherwise I need to ship Bruno or Son for Salah.

Id gamble on Mane for -4 instead of Jota (i dont think that would even be called a gamble). But i would wait to see who plays in Pools CL game tomorrow prior to making any transfers

Advertisement