Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Anyone planning on a wildcard before xmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Richarlison and Ziyech out for Inga and Zaha, -4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Is everyone who's selling Kane and Son planning on going long term without or is it mainly for the good fixtures of Salah and KDB? About to sell Kane now and just feels wrong haha.

I need to make up ground so considering keeping him given that he'll play most games even during the fixture pileup

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

eggy81 wrote: »
    Is a straight swap from dcl to Wilson a decent idea for this week. What do ye reckon. Chelsea look solid.

I wouldn't do anything until there's news on the fixture.

I'm unsure what to do with DCL too. His returns for his price are ridiculous but Everton are pretty ****e at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭sheriff2

mamax wrote: »

Dont you have a wildcard to use before end of this year, then another one next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

mamax wrote: »

Anyone who has a WC still in their pocket should. The first one has to be used by 1.30pm on 28th December, or its gone.

Given that the only games after Christmas before the deadline are on Stephens Day, there isn't much point holding it till then (and having to put together a Christmas night WC :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I d be very worried without Kane vs Palace.

we are looking at 4 - 0 or 5 - 0.

Can't see it. Palace won't play as high and spurs will have to play on front foot rather than counter.

It's either soucek and Salah in for Jota and ziyech

Or Wilson/Watkins and Salah for Vardy and ziyech.

Sooner we get news on toon name the better. I actually think Wilson is better value than vardy provided he doesn't have covid. Brighton no mugs as we have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭SEORG

Martinez, Forster
    Bernardo, Chilwel, Cancelo, Walker-Peters, Masuaku
    Brealish, Ziyech, De Bruyne, Fernandes, Soucek,
    Calvert-Lewin, Vardy, Adams

I'm sick of trying to double guess managers every week so made my 2FT's before the Salah rise last night.

Ziyech & Vardy => Bamford & Salah
    I still have 1.7m in the bank.

Vardy Party probably on the way now I've sold him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I d be very worried without Kane vs Palace.

we are looking at 4 - 0 or 5 - 0.

Dont see that happening at all, Palace are solid enough and Spurs tend to sit back once they get a goal or 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Have you got Grealish?

I have indeed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

People are waiting on Newcastle news to see if they should bring Wilson in? I thought theyd be waiting on the news to see if they absolutely have to transfer him out.

Anything can happen in football, but given that they haven't trained in a full week and have like 10+ out with Covid, I wouldn't be touching any Newcastle players this week unless I absolutely have to.

On that topic, strongest fit attacking option (already have Bamford and 3 Villa players so no Watkins), 6.4 and under? My thoughts are Maupay, but Adams and Wood have appeal also

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Is everyone who's selling Kane and Son planning on going long term without or is it mainly for the good fixtures of Salah and KDB? About to sell Kane now and just feels wrong haha.

I swapped son for Bruno in gw 9. In 9,10 and 11 Bruno got 27 points and don 26 so same difference there. However I did captain Bruno for an 11 pointer.

In gw 10 swapped Kane (Watkins in) for Kdb (hamez out) which worked out as Kane 14 v Kdb 24 and I captained Kdb for two hauls so that worked out very well.

I’m thinking of downgrading dcl or Robertson to fund grealish to son but I’m not sure on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

Assuming all fit and healthy by the weekend, who would you be benching out of Salah, KDB, Bruno, Jota, Grealish, Adams, Bamford and DCL. I had first thought Jota but now feel like I’m between Grealish away to Wolves or DCL at home to Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

munster87 wrote: »
    Assuming all fit and healthy by the weekend, who would you be benching out of Salah, KDB, Bruno, Jota, Grealish, Adams, Bamford and DCL. I had first thought Jota but now feel like I’m between Grealish away to Wolves or DCL at home to Chelsea.

Why did you even list Salah, KDB and Bruno?!

I think DCL will find it tough against Chelsea who are one of the best defences of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

With the rumours Salah was to be benched last week is anyone worrying that might happen this week?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

munster87 wrote: »

Sell Jota or Adams, otherwise you'll be asking yourself the same question every week and cursing yourself every time you get it wrong.
    With the rumours Salah was to be benched last week is anyone worrying that might happen this week?

Playing in a meaningless game tomorrow, if anything that's when he'll be rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

DCL to Bamford feeling quite suspiciously no-brainerish to me at the moment.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Sell Jota or Adams, otherwise you'll be asking yourself the same question every week and cursing yourself every time you get it wrong.

Playing in a meaningless game tomorrow, if anything that's when he'll be rested.

I agree with sell Jota or Adams. I couldn’t be dealing with a decent 8th attacker to pick for the bench every week. I started the season with Brewster in a 3-5-2 and moved onto Soucek in a 3-4-3.
    Easy bench choice every week and more funds towards the 7 first choice starting attackers.

DCL to Bamford feeling quite suspiciously no-brainerish to me at the moment.

What price did you get dcl at? I had him at 7.0 since gw 1 so not sure if I should see out this tough fixture run with no digne to supply crosses or sell him for ings...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    What price did you get dcl at? I had him at 7.0 since gw 1 so not sure if I should see out this tough fixture run with no digne to supply crosses or sell him for ings...

I am keeping DCL this week only because I had problems elsewhere
    Also got him at 7.0.
    But next week I am looking at options - Bamford, Welbeck, Wilson (if Newcastle cleared).

Already have Watkins got in.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I got him at 7.5, but like yourself the temptation is to cash him in ahead of these fixtures for someone who could potentially get the same points for less. DCL->Bamford might do the trick with change for a rainy day.

Otherwise, I could sell Kane (keep Son) + Barnes and then get KDB + Bamford. Hmm.

Not making any decisions yet though, the way this season is going, KDB could get ebola and Bamford's legs could fall off in the next twenty minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That was just one journalists predicted team. I was surprised that got so much attention.

I'm guessing Salah gets another rise by Thurs night.

As for going for Wilson, I want him long term. Not just for Friday. Gives me cash to go back to grealish with one free for 13.

Bit worried about leaving vardy go now for Watkins for a -4 but it's a good fixtures they have I guess. I'd prefer to keep vardy and downgrade Jota to march or soucek for this week but I think if pool are comfortable Jota will come on and score, or else he'll start and rip it up with Salah. So I think a foolish man gets rid. Either way I have to have Salah, so someone has to go.

DCL + Sterling -> Giroud + Salah (-4) this week. Figured I'd spend too long thinking about it and just bit the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

I am keeping DCL this week only because I had problems elsewhere
    Also got him at 7.0.
    But next week I am looking at options - Bamford, Welbeck, Wilson (if Newcastle cleared).

Already have Watkins got in.

Keeping DCL too even with Evertons tricky run.
    He's in form and scores most weeks .
    He will get chances regardless of who they play

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mectavba

I agree with sell Jota or Adams. I couldn’t be dealing with a decent 8th attacker to pick for the bench every week. I started the season with Brewster in a 3-5-2 and moved onto Soucek in a 3-4-3.
    Easy bench choice every week and more funds towards the 7 first choice starting attackers.

Could't disagree with this more to be honest. I have a similarly strong front 8 that is going to give me a headache each week, BUT with the risk of COVID, Xmas rotation, more muscular injuries etc, this is the season to have a strong squad and if you end up with some points on your bench, so be it.

The success of so many cheap strikers is also making this possible quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

mectavba wrote: »
    Could't disagree with this more to be honest. I have a similarly strong front 8 that is going to give me a headache each week, BUT with the risk of COVID, Xmas rotation, more muscular injuries etc, this is the season to have a strong squad and if you end up with some points on your bench, so be it.

The success of so many cheap strikers is also making this possible quite easily.

I’m thinking similar about needing a stronger squad this season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah as others said, this is the month to have a solid front 8. You'll be lucky any week that they all play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Curious what non-Salah owners are thinking?

Klopp has strongly hinted at rotation over the Fulham/Spurs/Palace games which take place over 6 days. Spurs is obviously the big one, so could possibly see Salah being rested for Fulham or at least having his minutes restricted. He's then up against Spurs next who have been really effective at parking the bus lately - I could still see Salah scoring but a haul is unlikely.

So after contemplating a -8 to get him back in, I've gone to thinking that maybe I've already been punished in Wolves game and can risk another 2 weeks without him.

Advertisement